Author Topic: Match fixing in the BBC Gossip section  (Read 356 times)

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Match fixing in the BBC Gossip section
« on: January 27, 2018, 10:51:13 PM »
It's a Times subscription required link so not posting it but did anyone notice this in the BBC Gossip section today ?

The FA is concerned that match-fixers are targeting women's football after observing a significant increase in bets placed on Women's Super League matches

Cabbages

Re: Match fixing in the BBC Gossip section
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 08:37:32 AM »
i have heard about this - seems unlikely that theres much money in it due to relative disinterest in the ladies game but begs the question of corruption ar this level-

Offline BillyBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 04:11:23 PM »
There's just as much money in 2/1 or whatever the odds are in the women's game as there is 2/1 in the men's game. Or any other sport for that matter.

There could be completely innocent reasons for the increases too. More interest in general or maybe people see it as a good opportunity to 'beat' the bookies.

I suppose somebody with all the data may be able to spot patterns of potential 'interference'.

Cabbages

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 08:42:39 AM »
I still do not believe that major match fixing is rife in the Ladies game- have we seen evidence of any unusual match results recently? I will ask Paddy what odds for Man City to win all their league games as they become Champions again....