Author Topic: Lyndsey signs for Belles  (Read 1063 times)

Offline cheeks100

• View Profile
Lyndsey signs for Belles
« on: October 24, 2010, 09:57:57 AM »
Cunningham signs for Belles
Monday, 18 October, 2010
Belles sign England U20 international Lyndsey Cunningham.

Doncaster Rovers Belles have announced the signing of defender Lyndsey Cunningham from Nottingham Forest LFC.

The England U20 international will end an eleven-year association with hometown club Nottingham Forest when she joins up with the Belles’ Super League squad.

The 19-year-old has been a star performer for Forest since the club’s promotion into the FA Women’s Premier League - going on to gain England recognition at both U19 and U20 level and being part of the U19 squad that were runners up to France in the UEFA European Championship in Macedonia in June 2010.

She also made one appearance at the U20 World Cup in Germany in July.

"This is a great opportunity to play for a big club in the Super League," said Lyndsey. "I couldn’t really turn it down.

Doncaster are a well established club and, after speaking to the manager about the players he wants to bring in, it’s an exciting time to be joining.

"After being at Forest for so long it is hard to leave there," she added. "But I know a few of the girls here and it’s a massive opportunity for me."

Rovers Belles Manager John Buckley said he was delighted with the capture of Cunningham.

"We’ve been watching Lyndsey for a couple of years and have always been impressed with her quality. She can play at right-back or centre-back, is very athletic and has good habits.

"Lyndsey  has good experience of playing in big games with her involvement in major tournaments with England. She’ll be a great addition for us and just can’t wait to get started."

http://www.thefa.com/Leagues/SuperLeague/NewsAndFeatures/2010/Lyndsey-Cunningham-181010