Author Topic: National Women's Teams Manager - Jayne Ludlow  (Read 14337 times)

Offline sylvain

• View Profile
National Women's Teams Manager - Jayne Ludlow
« on: October 02, 2014, 03:37:45 PM »
The Football Association of Wales is delighted to announce that the new Wales National Women’s Teams Manager is Jayne Ludlow.

Jayne’s contribution to Women’s football, both for club and country, has been immense. She has been an inspiration to the current Women’s senior and intermediate squads and was described by previous Wales Manager Jarmo Matikainen as the best women’s player Wales has ever produced.

Jayne represented Arsenal for 13 years and remains Arsenal’s all-time record goal scorer.

Born in Llwynypia, Jayne has played for the likes of Barry Town Ladies, Millwall Lionesses, Southampton Saints and Arsenal.

At club level she won the FA Women’s Premier League National Division on 9 occasions and the FA Women’s Cup on 8.

In 2006-07 she was a member of the Arsenal team that won the UEFA Women’s Cup.

She won her first international cap in 1996 aged just 17 and went on to play 61 times for her country scoring 19 goals.

Recently Jayne has been manager and director of Reading Women. and has also been involved with coaching the Wales Under 16 side.

http://www.faw.org.uk/news/National-Womenand39;s-Teams-Manager-Jayne-Ludow/97872/
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 11:14:23 PM by Admin »

The Cabbage

Re: National Women's Teams Manager - Jayne Ludow
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 07:12:26 PM »
Wish her all the best with that but methinks she would have been better off sticking with the job of getting Reading into WSL 1 rather than risk a blot on her managerial CV-

Offline bilbobaggins

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 07:48:01 PM »
i think she is good enough, and i bet the salary is a lot bigger.

The Cabbage

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 08:09:34 AM »
Absolutely great manager, done wonders at Reading but would Alex Ferguson have made the Wales men's team into a force ?

Money talks- in my case , it always says goodbye.......