Author Topic: Alex Scott  (Read 2926 times)

Offline tich227

• View Profile
Alex Scott
« on: August 04, 2014, 06:37:29 AM »
I was fortunate to meet her in the Continental Cup match against Chelsea. I live in leicestershire so its quite far for my parents to take me to the matches. With all the scottiecam and the fact that she plays for my team, Arsenal, its hard for me to fault her

Offline Dr Gonzo

• View Profile
Re: Alex Scott
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 02:26:48 PM »
Seems that Alex Scott is the latest player to retire from International football after 140 appearances 2nd most capped player, playing in 3 World Cups and 4 Euros....

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.u

Cabbages

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 07:04:31 AM »
Well Doc, she is trying her hand at tv work now- seems always openings for ex players to give the sofa a go-

Offline buzzbee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 04:22:53 PM »
I might seem a little critical, but I didn't like her presenting the Women's Football Show. I really like her and think she's a good pundit, but I didn't think the top job suited her. I know it was a first attempt, but I don't think she is a good enough speaker for the job.

I don't like being critical, because I really like her, but I didn't think she was suited to that role... As a pundit though?... Most definitely!
BUZZ BEE
If at first you don't succeed... cheat!

Cabbages

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 05:03:14 PM »
I am with you on this Buzzer- a decent pundit but an unassured first go at presenting- lets give her another go and see if there is any improvement-

Sue Smith is great on SSN

Still cheating Buzzer, eh-

Offline buzzbee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2018, 08:26:44 PM »
Yeah, maybe give her more goes, but I just don't feel she has the right personality for that job. As a pundit, she's good, because she has good knowledge, you can easily respect that knowledge, because she really has been there and done it. I like that she always seems to be smiling and (I say this carefully in the current climate) it helps that she looks very presentable

However, I felt the presenter roll seemed unnatural. I'm not sure (and would love to be proven wrong) that she will ever look like she's not reading from a script

As for the 'cheat' comment..... D'oh!
I've realised now  :P
BUZZ BEE
If at first you don't succeed... cheat!

Cabbages

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2018, 09:00:38 PM »
The penny dropped eh, lightning!!!😀