Author Topic: Arsenal Sign Croatian International  (Read 8672 times)

Offline John

• View Profile
Arsenal Sign Croatian International
« on: July 21, 2013, 03:56:06 PM »
London-based club Arsenal have signed Osijek and Croatian international Doris Bacic.

The 18-year-old goalkeeper, who is originally from Neum, caught the eye of scouts whilst playing for Croatia against England and will join the ladies ‘Gunners’ next season.

Arsenal are the most successful English women’s club having won 39 trophies to date. Bacic also has played for the Libertas club in Dubrovnik.

Source: http://www.croatiaweek.com/tag/doris-bacic/
Date: 29 May 2013

Her profile on UEFA.com: http://www.uefa.com/teamsandplayers/players/player=250023975/profile/index.html
YOU NEVER WIN OR LOSE AS AN INDIVIDUAL, YOU NEVER WIN OR LOSE AS A TEAM - WE ALL WIN OR LOSE TOGETHER AS A CLUB

Offline John

• View Profile
Re: Arsenal Sign Croatian International
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 04:02:07 PM »
Doris Bacic: In Sarajevo, preparing for Arsenal

Doris Bacic is without doubt one of the finest young women's goalkeeper in Europe. It is most important secondary thing in the world to love playing football in Neum. He later defended the Libertas and Ombla, then the SFK 2000 Sarajevo, and then arrived in Osijek. On qualification match Croatia - England (0-3) is extremely defended the dice and draw attention to themselves.

Even though many European clubs wanted to enlist, the leaders of London's Arsenal were the fastest and the most concrete. With the Gunners had already reached an agreement. Doris (18) from an early age is coming to the capital city of Bosnia and Herzegovina, because her father owns a restaurant in Sarajevo. There is intensive preparation in the Miljacka. He wants it in better shape to travel to London and work with renowned trainer goalkeeper - Esad Ibrahimovic. They spend their days practicing on additional field Grbavica Stadium, where we find them. Bacic told us that football was first played in the only BiH town on the coast. "native'm from Neum and down I finished elementary school. With boys I often play football and so began the story.'ve trained and judo, maybe a year or two. had a problem with the spine, and I wanted to start training for a more active sport. I just accidentally stepped among the post. Also, my dad is practicing this sport, and boxed here is the desire.'ve always been surrounded by football players because we family friends with Goran Juric. As a child I never wanted to expose the prejudice. When I already had, I said - 'Yes that's it, I'm going to train professionally.' So I achieved my dream, "says Klix.ba Bacic.

Women's football is popular in the cradle of football

Emphasizes that he never had a problem because the girl kept as a network. "in Neum never experienced provocation. And if we go somewhere else, my team mates they always defended the comments, which was sometimes," adds Doris. late season she defended in Osijek, and next season will be at Arsenal, which is the strongest female English club. "With Osijek will play another cup final, then I'm free. With the Gunners not signed, but all agreed. We have agreed on all the details and leave the island. Women's football is popular in England. When all this compare with this in our region, it's a different planet. At the Olympic Games selection Great Britain has played in front of 80,000 spectators against Brazil. It speaks for itself. When I defended the qualification match England - Croatia, it was close to 15,000 spectators. We played in Birmingham and their team members are extremely popular in the cradle of football, "says Doris. claims that negotiations with Arsenal went well for both sides. Specifically mentioned finances. "I am well pleased. Not only can live with, but more than that," she said with a laugh. Bacic emphasized that the negotiations in London all praised the former players of the club Davor Suker and Eduardo da Silva. "The two of them have left their mark, and for me to say I'm new arrivals from the Croatian. I'm their first soccer players in history that came out of the island. When I arrived in London, they are remarkably seeing me. Went to training camp, met with the trainer and sports director. showed me seven courts with heating. conditions are extraordinary, "said Doris, who was the first female goalie senior, U-17 and U-19 Croatian national team.

Asmir Begovic is the best goalie in the region

She looks with optimism to continue qualifying for Dragon and dice. "BiH is almost certainly in Brazil. Nobody can compete with that team in the group. My favorite player Miralem Pjanic, and Begovic is the best goalie in the region.'s nice to me and Pletikosa but Asmir better. believe that Croatia will be placed on the Mundial. " He pointed out that since its third year, is coming to town at the foot of Trebevich. Also, she has performed for the Sarajevo club SFK 2000, which is considered a serious collective. For coaches Ibrahimovic has only words of praise. "Frankly, of all the coaches he taught me the most. We do two workouts a day. Everything is going according to plan." Bacic monitors and club football in the former Yugoslavia. Hajduk Split, and her whole family. "However, I think Dinamo strongest club in the region. In BiH cheerful wishes. There coach and look forward to their success. " She pointed out that he finished the medical school in Dubrovnik, and will study sports management. In the end, she sent a message to all the girls who love football, but due to certain reasons are prejudiced. "I hope that my example will encourage the girls, because they can not succeed. need to train football if you really love, and it is certain that they can live on that "concluded Bacic.

Source: http://www.klix.ba/sport/nogomet/doris-bacic-u-sarajevu-se-pripremam-za-arsenal/130605066
Written by Edin Isanović
Date: 6 June 2013
Translated by Google translate
YOU NEVER WIN OR LOSE AS AN INDIVIDUAL, YOU NEVER WIN OR LOSE AS A TEAM - WE ALL WIN OR LOSE TOGETHER AS A CLUB

Offline law10

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 04:45:46 PM »
Best goalie in the region?  He left when he was four.

AC-FC

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 07:34:44 PM »
Looks like another one for the future.....

Offline John

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 08:23:29 PM »
I think it is exactly the sort of signing we needed to make for the goalkeeping position. We have an excellent ‘keeper in Emma Byrne who potentially has a few more years left at the top level but this signing will provide good competition not just in the future but for the season ahead as well. The fact she is a regular for her national team at just 18 years of age is an indication of how highly rated she is in her native Croatia.

AC-FC

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 08:35:46 PM »
Does a regular international really want to get splinters in her bum while waiting for Emma to retire?

Offline raefil

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 08:44:08 PM »
I think it is exactly the sort of signing we needed to make for the goalkeeping position. We have an excellent ‘keeper in Emma Byrne who potentially has a few more years left at the top level but this signing will provide good competition not just in the future but for the season ahead as well. The fact she is a regular for her national team at just 18 years of age is an indication of how highly rated she is in her native Croatia.
You had an excellent keeper in spencer! But hey!

PS dear FA your policy of trying to block EU national, the Welsh and Scots, clearly isnt bearing fruit!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 08:46:32 PM by raefil »

Offline John

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2013, 09:02:40 PM »
Does a regular international really want to get splinters in her bum while waiting for Emma to retire?

Clearly this player can because she probably knows what a great opportunity it is to join one of Europe's elite clubs. It does not come around that often as history shows. She is now at the club and can carry on developing and if all goes well she has a great chance of being the main 'keeper at Arsenal for many years to come.

Sylvain

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2013, 09:11:08 PM »
She looked taller than Emma during the warm-up.

Offline raefil

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2013, 09:14:32 PM »
I think england learned talls means little. :) Having said that it was a cracking header by Bardsley lol

Sylvain

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2013, 09:43:46 PM »

AC-FC

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2013, 09:53:22 PM »
My gut tells me that she won't be at arsenal long term and if she really is as good as people seems to think she is , she will be off to join one of the top teams in Europe where she will have a far better chance of winning euro glory

Offline John

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2013, 10:02:54 PM »
My gut tells me that she won't be at arsenal long term and if she really is as good as people seems to think she is , she will be off to join one of the top teams in Europe where she will have a far better chance of winning euro glory

Arsenal's record in Europe puts them in the list of European heavyweights. Doris is clearly a talented player and will provide much more competition to Emma than a lot of the other 'keepers have been able to do over the years. Unlike in the past Doris looks ready to challenge Emma straight away and I am sure she will get plenty of game time over the next few years. I am sure Doris did not sign for the club thinking she would have an automatic starting place in the team, she will look to improve her all round game and fight it out with Emma to be in the starting team. The really talented players embrace challenges, they don't just look at the easy option of moving away to get a start.

AC-FC

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2013, 10:22:24 PM »
I wouldn't call 1 Euro Cup win the mark of a heavyweight- it's 7 years since arsenal last won it and although they have hit some semis recently , they are lagging behind the likes of Lyon. they have been a top team domestically for many years but unless they replace the ageing stars with adequate replacements, they are in danger of ending up like Hopelss's England.......

Offline John

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2013, 10:30:52 PM »
I wouldn't call 1 Euro Cup win the mark of a heavyweight- it's 7 years since arsenal last won it and although they have hit some semis recently , they are lagging behind the likes of Lyon. they have been a top team domestically for many years but unless they replace the ageing stars with adequate replacements, they are in danger of ending up like Hopelss's England.......

For the 2013/14 season Arsenal were the 4th highest ranked side in Europe so I would dispute your view. The UEFA coefficient ranking is one based on the performance of each side in Europe and rewards consistency over a 5 year period.  And your view on Arsenal is very funny actually as the majority of the regulars in the team are well below retirement age.

Source: http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/competitions/General/01/96/56/85/1965685_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Offline bilbobaggins

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2013, 10:32:29 PM »
she looked half starved, very thin, a little nervous but capable.

Offline John

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2013, 11:18:54 PM »
Croat at Arsenal: A young heiress Doris Suker and Eduardo!

Davor Suker, Eduardo da Silva - Doris Bacic. You heard it - after our celebrated attackers, the new Croatian acquisition of a large Arsenal's 18-year-old laundry that is chasing half of Europe ...

September 2012th, qualifying match against superpower England and only the third appearance for the A type. For 18-year-old Doris nothing special. Croatia "unit" was brilliant at his door and immediately sparked interest in the biggest clubs.

"I'm defending, say, well, then I had the offer. Called me and Chelsea for a while, but lost contact, I do not know what it was. And Arsenal's most insisted,'' said Doris Bacic.

How did you react when you heard that Arsenal and wants?

'' The first week or so ago I did not know whether the dream il what, I was not aware of what was happening. "

Sought by many, including Bayern. Decisive was the strength of Arsenal. In women's football is still stronger than men. This year, the Arsenal girls played the semifinals of the Champions League. Dropped out of the conquerors Wolfsburg. But Doris knew what he wanted from the negotiations.

"For me, the most important university, to study. Who knows what will happen in a few years, injuries and so we mostly about arranging."

Suker and Eduardo says, all the praise in the Arsenal camp, but we wanted to know how to find all the football waters. Due to problems with the spine had to quit judo ...

"I should have a more active sport to start training, and since I'm from Neum, then down there was nothing but football.'m Always on the street playing football with the boys."

And so she came to the team and the great Arsenal. No it - a real sign of hope for the rest of our soccer players.

Source: http://gol.dnevnik.hr/clanak/hnl/hrvatica-u-arsenalu-mlada-doris-nasljednica-sukera-i-eduarda---289085.html
Date & time: 02.06.2013
Author: MIlan Stjelja
Translated by Google translate

Offline John

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2013, 11:21:03 PM »
You can watch Doris Bacic discussing her move to Arsenal by going to the following website: http://gol.dnevnik.hr/clanak/hnl/hrvatica-u-arsenalu-mlada-doris-nasljednica-sukera-i-eduarda---289085.html and viewing the clip on the site.

AC-FC

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2013, 06:33:47 AM »
IMO being ranked being 4th doesn't equate to being a heavyweight, weren't England ranked 4th going into Euro 13 ?....winning the champions league once doesn't make a team a heavyweight.in the recent seasons Arsenal have done well to get to semi finals but have not had the quality to knock out the top teams.....as for the pensions, we have lost White and Ludlow, and Byrne, Smith, Grant and Yankey are approaching the bus pass, so Arsenal need to get in some decent replacements pdq.

Offline Garrincha

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2013, 07:40:17 AM »

we have lost White and Ludlow, and Byrne, Smith, Grant and Yankey are approaching the bus pass, so Arsenal need to get in some decent replacements pdq.

Losing some of the older players will release lots of cash to enable the enticement of new, quality, proven players