Author Topic: Penny Blake - GK - Foulsham FC  (Read 7089 times)

Offline PennyBlake`

• View Profile
Penny Blake - GK - Foulsham FC
« on: April 06, 2011, 08:52:28 PM »
OK, Im really awful at intros, but its only polite :) Here goes.

My name is Penny Blake, Im 38 and I play in Goal for Foulsham FC, playing in the Norfolk Womens and Girls football league, division 2 (NWGFL2).
I have been playing football a long time, but have settled down and it has just become a fun hobby and a great way to spend a sunday with some friends. This may not sound a great attitude to football, but Im aware that the best years are gone now.
Ive only been playing for Foulsham for a couple of months now, and its turned out to be a great club for me. They are in their first season, and everyone bar about 3 players have never played football before this season. When I joined they were on 5 games played, no wins, no draws, scored 1, conceeded 47. They are a great bunch of girls who are out to have fun.
My first game, 7-1 defeat against a much improved Fakenham side who wore us out till we had nothing left, and I got MoM. Not a bad start.
We have been progressing bit by bit and by comparison our last 5 games consist of an 8-2 defeat against the top side, followed by 4 wins on the trot. Climbed 2 places to 7th, believing 6th in the table is possible.
I love football, always have and am really excited about the future of womens football.
Im an American by birth, but lived in the UK most of my life. I am a big fan of US soccer and am very proud to say that Ive seen my all time favourite player, Mia Hamm in action, but my favourite current player has to be Hope Solo. I mean, not only is she awesome, but she has the face that says "Not only am I going to save your shots, but Im going to eat you for breakfast and still have room for pancakes" :)

If someone could kindly tell me how to attach youtube videos to forum posts I could show you a fantastic video of me attempting to take out the goal post and coming off second best. Looks painful, was painful, but still very very funny :)

Like I said, Im awful at intros, so if Ive failed to introduce myself, ll leave it to you guys to ask me stuff and I will answer :)
-----
Thank you

Penny Blake

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
    • Sunderland AFC Ladies Facebook Fanpage
Re: Penny Blake - GK - Foulsham FC
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 08:58:27 PM »
ll leave it to you guys to ask me stuff and I will answer :)

Are you single?  ;D

Nah i'm just kidding, welcome to the forum and all the very best. It's great to read about someone just having fun in something they love and not taking it, and themselves, too seriously.

Good on ya  :-*
"Sunderland have got a girl up front who is clinical - Beth Mead is one of the best strikers in the country, let alone our division - and it showed today." - Aston Villa Ladies Head Coach Joe Hunt

Offline PennyBlake`

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 09:04:50 PM »

Are you single?  ;D

Nah i'm just kidding, welcome to the forum and all the very best. It's great to read about someone just having fun in something they love and not taking it, and themselves, too seriously.

Good on ya  :-*

Thank you
O, you would get on well with my chairperson/gopher. Apart from the fact she is completely barmy and everyone loves her she is a huge Sunderland fan. Congrats BTW on the Premiership win. The ladies seem to be hitting the headlines for all the right reasons this season.

O, here is something I forgot to add :)
Im a big big fan of Wycombe Wanderers :) There, you have all gone off me now :)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 09:07:40 PM by PennyBlake` »
-----
Thank you

Penny Blake

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
    • Sunderland AFC Ladies Facebook Fanpage
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 09:22:10 PM »

Are you single?  ;D

Good on ya  :-*

Thank you
O, you would get on well with my chairperson/gopher. Apart from the fact she is completely barmy and everyone loves her she is a huge Sunderland fan. Congrats BTW on the Premiership win. The ladies seem to be hitting the headlines for all the right reasons this season.

O, here is something I forgot to add :)
Im a big big fan of Wycombe Wanderers :) There, you have all gone off me now :)

Heh, if she's a mackem she's ok in my eyes, no matter how nutty she is  ;) Anyway, we're all a little nutty up here lol

And thanks very much. Really proud of the girls and they thoroughly deserve it over the season.

Oh, and don't worry, we're very forgiving on this forum so we won't hold you being a WW fan against you  ;)
"Sunderland have got a girl up front who is clinical - Beth Mead is one of the best strikers in the country, let alone our division - and it showed today." - Aston Villa Ladies Head Coach Joe Hunt

Offline PennyBlake`

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 09:39:16 PM »
I managed to find that video. Its a bit small so Ill try and explain what happened.

Foulsham (Us) are in blue and our opponents, Sheringham, are in red. My shirt has just about every colour you can imagine.
The scoreat the time is 3-2. We played the whole game with 10 players while Sherringham had a full side. Our last meeting produced a 7-1 win for us so we really want to win. This is on the back of 3 wins.
Sheringham have won a throw, which is headed away by us. Sheringham won it back and (I think) they hit a shot which goes high. I come out to get it, but Ive misjudged the bounce and its gone over my head, and is heading for the goal. I go running after it and I realise the post is getting closer and closer. I get to the point where Im thinking that if I dont kick the ball now Im going to end up kicking the post so I just boot it. I kicked the ball out for a corner, but the momentum has spun me right round and I go flying backwards into the post, bouncing off and crashing to the floor. Thankfully my fat bum cushioned the blow a bit :)

Now I remember heading toward the post, I dont remember hitting it, but I do remember about 10 people round me asking me if Im OK. I just said yes and got up. I will say the video makes it look a lot worse than it was. I mst have seen this video 100 times and I giggle every time. Excuse the poor quality, it was taken via a friends phone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqbxe5lm57A
-----
Thank you

Penny Blake

sylvain

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 10:29:30 PM »
Welcome Penny  :)

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile