Women's Football > Players

Daniela Alves Lima (aka Daniela)

(1/1)

redrobin:
Brazil's Daniela in talks with FC Indiana

FC Indiana, an expansion team in the United Soccer Leagues W-League in 2008, is interested in obtaining the services of 23-year-old Brazilian midfielder Daniela Alves, who has said she would like to continue her playing career again in the US.

In an interview Wednesday on WASK-FM in Lafayette, IN, head coach Shek Borkowski said "Someone like Daniela would be a great option. We've asked about her and we're waiting."

redrobin:
News from Sweden rules out any American trip for Daniela this summer. She's obviously waiting for the new US league to start.

Linköping signs Cristiane and Daniela

Linköpings FC today announced, proudly, that they have succeeded in signing two Brazilian World Cup players, the 22 years old forward Cristiane and the 24 years old midfielder Daniela. Both players are signed on five month contracts, arriving in March and staying with the team until the long break for the Olympics start in early July.

Club manager Anders Mäki is very pleased that Linköping has been able to tie the two world class players to the team: "It's great to be able to offer two colourful world class stars to our fans and partners. Hopefully this will take the team another step towards the top." He adds that the deal with the two players isn't cheap, but doesn't cost more than it would have been to sign a one year deal with a big Swedish star like Lotta Schelin.

And it is probably more Daniela than Cristiane they really need - they already have a lot of good forwards, but they have been missing a quality offensive midfielder since forever.

From Damallsvenskan Newsblog quoting Swedish sources:-

Corren: LFC värvar brasilianska världsstjärnor
Linköping FC: Cristiane och Daniela till LFC

redrobin:
Saint Louis Athletica Announces Signings of Tina Ellertson and Daniela Alves

Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Extract from WPS report by Tony Hubert

ST. LOUIS (March 24, 2009) – Athletica Head Coach and General Manager Jorge Barcellos announced today that Saint Louis Athletica of the new Women’s Professional Soccer (WPS) league have agreed to terms with Tina Ellertson, who joined Saint Louis with in the 2009 WPS National team player pool allocation, and Daniela Lima Alves, who was acquired by Saint Louis with their first pick in the 2009 WPS International Draft.

“I am extremely happy to be a part of Athletica,” said Daniela. “Last Saturday was our first exhibition game, which was very exciting to participate in so soon after arriving to the U.S.  And the fact that we played well and won the game was the perfect way to start the league’s first season. 

Daniela is one of Brazil’s most gifted players and has been a mainstay on their national team for nearly a decade. She has played for Brazil in three Olympic Games, winning two silver medals, and has participated in two World Cups. Her arrival in St. Louis reunites her with former Brazilian head coach Jorge Barcellos, who selected Daniela to start for Brazil in twelve straight matches over the course of the 2007 World Cup and 2008 Olympic Games.

Daniela has been so prevalent in Brazil’s lineup that she has started 16 straight games in the Olympic Finals tournament dating back to the 2000 Sydney Games and has started ten straight games for Brazil in the Women’s World Cup dating back to 2003.

http://www.womensprosoccer.com/newsitem_ektid10496.aspx?team=stlouis

K_Lincourt30:
Daniela heads to hospital after Athletica tie

Athletica’s 3-3 tie with the Washington Freedom hurt plenty — it was a game the team thought it should have won — but an injury to midfielder Daniela’s knee could be the worst of all.

Daniela scored two goals and assisted on the third, but she got hit by Abby Wambach on the restart after a Washington goal and went down in pain. Daniela spent two minutes on the field in pain and, according to the Washington Post, later passed out from the pain after leaving the field. After the game, she was taken to a hospital in an ambulance.

“There was no excuse for it,” Athletica goalkeeper Hope Solo told the Washington Post of the foul. “I know Abby means well, I know she has a good heart and she would never want to see a player go down, but in the emotions of a game, it was right after the kickoff after they scored, and she went in two-footed.”

Said Wambach: “She took a long touch so I charged and slid into it, slipped a little bit. She came in late, I came in late, I definitely think I deserved a yellow card, but I don’t think it was malicious. I wasn’t intending to try to take her out. I was going for the ball. That’s not my game.”

Athletica players had said they thought once they got one goal, more would follow, and after Daniela put in a rebound for a goal in the seventh minute, they did. But a two-goal lead, no matter what happened to Daniela, they should have been able to hold on to.

“We feel like that was one we should have finished off well,” Athletica’s Lori Chalupny told me by phone after the game. “We should be walking off with three points. To be up 3-1 late in the game, we should be able to finish it off and keep the lead.

“We went into a defensive shell early on (up 3-1) and they were able to keep the pressure on so much, you kind of felt one was going to go in. They had so many chances. Their wing play was really good in the second half. They got so many services in and with someone like Wambach in the box (that’s dangerous).”

On the bright side, Athletica did score three goals — “three really great goals,” Chalupny said, “we just have to build on that” – and at the end of the weekend, they were no longer in last place in the league. They and Sky Blue FC (that would be the New York team) are both 0-2-2 with two points and both have a minus-3 goal difference, but Athletica’s three goals two more than Sky Blue FC have scored, have pushed them into sixth.

Athletica’s next opponent, FC Gold Pride, beat Sky Blue 1-0 on Sunday night.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version