Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Girl's Centres of Excellence / Re: Should RTCs be allowed grassroots teams too
« Last post by croc on April 25, 2018, 11:37:25 PM »
There is no reason it should be better - they still rely on unpaid volunteers.
Girl's Centres of Excellence / Re: WSL Development Squads 2018-2019 season changes
« Last post by croc on April 25, 2018, 11:36:17 PM »
Wouldn't an old fashioned reserves make more sense, first teamers playing down makes it a more competitive league.     In the mens game there is the option to loan players out to give them experience of senior football but in the womens game there aren't pro divisions lower down to go on loan to. 
WSL 3 teams , 1st , reserves under 21 , u18 college/academy
Championship 1st , reserves u21 ,

understand some championship will also an u18
Girl's Centres of Excellence / WSL Development Squads 2018-2019 season changes
« Last post by Kelly on April 24, 2018, 12:21:38 PM »
Does anyone know the proposed set up for next season for the WSL Development Squads? I read something about being linked to colleges or had to be an Academy set up?

Do the Champions league clubs (formally WSL2) still have development squads? and what happens to the Premier League development squads?

I heard somewhere that there was to be an upper age limit of 21 is that correct? makes sense to me as there are some post 25 year old players in some squads and it also stops first team players playing down)
Girl's Centres of Excellence / Re: Change of Tiers / Leagues next season ?
« Last post by dirkvanadidas on April 23, 2018, 08:15:32 PM »
will make it more interesting for the bookies and the parents betting on games.
Women's Football / Whats the excuse from Cobham FC Ladies this time
« Last post by dirkvanadidas on April 23, 2018, 08:14:07 PM »
having got the season changed for the top flight hayes still can't beat the continentals, perhaps she needs to look at her coaching.
Girl's Centres of Excellence / Re: Change of Tiers / Leagues next season ?
« Last post by Blueisthecolour on April 23, 2018, 02:35:02 PM »
I've heard that the North will be split into 2 divisions. The teams will play each other and then 2 new groups formed for the remainder of the season - one consisting of the top teams from each group, the other with the bottom teams. Hope that makes sense! the tier ranking will effectively be redundant.
The FA WSL 2 / Durham Women 2-1 Millwall Lionesses
« Last post by ConnorLamb on April 22, 2018, 07:45:43 PM »
https://wp.me/p4i04N-4oY
Here's my report from today's Women's Super League 2 clash between Durham Women and Millwall Lionesses where goals from Zoe Ness and Emily Roberts helped Durham to a 2-1 win.
Girl's Centres of Excellence / Re: England’s squad/camps
« Last post by sylvain on April 20, 2018, 12:09:25 PM »
As it gets to the older age groups 16's onwards etc I have heard that it is a lot more click and harder to get into due to the fa refusing to acknowledge that some players may develop post 16 !
A good number go through, but they actually open more at u19/u23 and senior level...
Girl's Centres of Excellence / Re: England’s squad/camps
« Last post by Suoerbug on April 17, 2018, 10:53:51 PM »
As it gets to the older age groups 16's onwards etc I have heard that it is a lot more click and harder to get into due to the fa refusing to acknowledge that some players may develop post 16 !
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10