Author Topic: RTC 3 year Licence  (Read 4299 times)

Offline Richhutcho

• View Profile
Re: RTC 3 year Licence
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2018, 09:09:11 AM »
Anybody heard anymore on the rtc licences?

Offline dirkvanadidas

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2018, 09:40:10 AM »
Anybody heard anymore on the rtc licences?

They havent posted the 2019 RTC  fixtures yet, so i dont think lady blackadder and the baldricks are that capable of thinking ahead.

Offline Richhutcho

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2018, 02:00:48 PM »
Bit unorganised then I gather lol

Offline croc

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2019, 05:29:51 PM »
No news on this yet?

Offline Richhutcho

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2019, 08:16:28 AM »
We’ve been asked to submit parent player questionnaires by the fa regarding the rtc which goes towards the licensing process

Offline croc

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2019, 08:04:28 PM »
Thanks.  Unrelated but does anyone have a link to the reserve league for WSL - I'm assuming there is one - is it on FullTime or anything like that just interested in how some players are getting on.

Offline Bananas

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2019, 04:57:05 PM »

Offline dirkvanadidas

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2019, 09:21:39 PM »
Quite a few games given as walk overs, little wonder the odd  under age england player has left the program to play senior football at a lower tier,
No wonder the fa bloke who is tasked with it was very defensive about his program on another issue

Offline croc

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2019, 10:17:48 AM »
Thanks

Offline Kelly

• View Profile
Re: RTC 3 year Licence - WSL Academy structure
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2019, 09:30:03 AM »
My view on the WSL academy structure. WSL teams can play down their professionally paid squad members into the academy game which consists of 16-21 year olds who are in education and technically amateur. The exception to this is Ipswich Academy who does not have a WSL team to call upon. So a recent match between Ipswich and Man City contained an international first team player who put 4 goals past a very young keeper. Similar happened with a game against Yeovil where several first team members played down. I dont feel it is fair for professional full time football players to play down, even if they are coming back from injury it will give the team an advantage.

Offline croc

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2019, 11:05:08 AM »
Yes but I suppose clubs are looking at this division as a means to an end - developing players and if (if I'm getting it right) they are allowed to play some over age players down it'll be to get them match time coming back from injury etc.   Annoying if you are a regular in those development teams as that is your football but I suppose you'd also want to play against the best so the stronger the opposition the better.

Offline Richhutcho

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2019, 04:54:44 PM »
ideally you’d have a system with a reserve league then an under 19s league

Question is can clubs field teams in both brackets I doubt it, thus making the reserve league and under 19s leagues weak with not many fixtures, which would starve players who fall into the mentioned brackets, of game time .

So which is the lesser of the two evils the current situation or the one mentioned above?

And when you have the FA setting teams like Doncaster belles back years through forced relegation instead of working with them to build infrastructure, is the game growing?

Offline Proudmum

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2019, 05:46:30 AM »
The parent player questionnaire is the same one as last year.... wouldn't have thought the answers have any impact on decisions....

Offline Proudmum

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2019, 05:51:10 AM »
Just see Southampton are advertising their trials for 2019/20 and within states...subject to an extension of the RTC License being awarded by the FA will be announced in April!!!

Offline Bananas

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2019, 11:37:33 AM »
Re first team players playing in dev squad matches... It's easy to forget that the main purpose of reserves teams is to service the first team, so of course reserve squad players have to make way for first team players who are playing down. It might feel unfair to lose matches to reserve teams with first team players on them, but it's a great experience for players to test themselves against older, more experienced players.

Offline dirkvanadidas

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2019, 02:36:36 PM »
Single year age groups starting at u12, alot of good talent and the pool is getting deeper.

Offline Blueisthecolour

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2019, 08:28:27 AM »
Single year age groups starting at u12, alot of good talent and the pool is getting deeper.

Is this to be the structure from next season for the RTC's? There will be a lot of player recruitment in the summer if that is the case.

Offline croc

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2019, 10:06:11 AM »
I hope not

Offline croc

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2019, 06:48:45 PM »
I mean how many adult players can the clubs linked to these academies accommodate?  So when the vast majority don't make it into the first team where do they go, the other clubs who have been starved of decent youth players and money because everything was focused on the so called elite?   Well if the idea is that they are elite keep it as two year age groups, making it single year only waters it down.   I've seen some poor players in RTCs as it is, there isn't the strength in depth to double the numbers and if there is money for that  other clubs deserve it.

Offline Richhutcho

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2019, 05:18:19 PM »
End of March the licence announcements apparently