Author Topic: England’s squad/camps  (Read 6240 times)

Offline croc

• View Profile
Re: England’s squad/camps
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2018, 05:04:49 PM »
You'd have thought they'd have put it in the article, must admit I missed the letters above the badge!  I still think it's a bit ironic  they are bigging it up but fail to mention the local sfa haven't bothered with girls representative teams this year.

Offline Bananas

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2018, 12:40:04 PM »
There are a lot of English Schools (ESFA) national  trials at the moment which gets very confusing to people as they don't understand the difference and many believe they are trialing for the England FA U15's Team.

The ESFA England U15 squad will have one training session in Netherlands and then play one tournament in Spain next year against Scotland, Wales and Ireland. Its a good stepping stone but I don't know how much notice the FA take of it as not all the best players will trial for it.

The Final selection is 9th December at Stafford Town FC where the 4 regions, 16 players each, will play off to select one squad.

It does give many girls another platform to be seen and should rightly be consider a great honour to get a cap for English Schools.

The FA take note by no longer allowing girls on the national team list (not sure if that includes the long list or just the short list of national team players) to trial for England Schools because of the potential for overuse/injury and clashes with dates.

Offline sylvain

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2019, 06:03:38 AM »
Went to England v France today. Game not advertised at all, despite being open to the public. Still 120 spectators, not bad at all.

Typical France v England game, two teams with opposite style makes it very entertaining.

Offline Richhutcho

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2019, 01:49:35 PM »
Just had notification my daughters been recommended by our rtc manager for the national camp, england had approached them asking if any players born in 2006 were possibly suitable.

Waiting in suspense now lol anybody know how long it takes for them to make a decision and if they generally invite all those recommended

Cheers

Offline Proudmum

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2019, 08:20:45 PM »
 Girls.at my daughter's RTC are attending camps at Easter but currently still only the 2005 born.... I believe 2006 born won't be invited until the August camps just going from history but I could be wrong.....

Offline Richhutcho

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2019, 10:30:29 AM »
Sounds about right, as was told we wont find out until a couple of weeks which would take us past easter, plus im guessing they like to give us parents a little bit of notice so august probably sounds about right.

My daughter would be lower half of the age bracket at U14s NEXT season, i thought only the older half of the u14 age bracket got call ups to national camps?