Author Topic: Aston Villa 0- 12 Manchester United  (Read 75 times)

Offline Crumbs

• View Profile
Aston Villa 0- 12 Manchester United
« on: September 10, 2018, 08:28:41 AM »
Well that was one heck of a match, and a bit of a mismatch.

What do others think about Manchester United being in The Championship in general? Should they have been put into the WSL, or as I have heard been put in the WPL?

I think that it was a tough decision either way, as no matter which division that they were put in, you would have people upset, so perhaps being in the Championship is the lesser of two evils.

But I would be interested in hearing what other people here think about this situation.

Offline croc

• View Profile
Re: Aston Villa 0- 12 Manchester United
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 11:43:48 PM »
If they are going to parachute in then top division, otherwise start at the bottom, seems to me they've bent over backwards to do them a favour.    Even so Villa have no excuse for losing 12-0. 

Offline Crumbs

• View Profile
Re: Aston Villa 0- 12 Manchester United
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 09:48:42 AM »
Putting any new club straight into the top division would cause some ruptions and have e a fair few people up in arms would it not?

Just look at the comments about when Man City took Doncaster's spot when they first did so.
Would it not be best as a sort of compromise to have Manchester United earn their spot on the field, thus being in the Championship is the lesser of two evils in this respect?