Author Topic: England’s squad/camps  (Read 3073 times)

Offline dirkvanadidas

• View Profile
Re: England’s squad/camps
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2018, 04:44:36 PM »
recent results
u15 lost 2-1 belgium
u16 lost japan norway beat russia and balkan country
u17 lost 8-0 germany

guess it must be all about development

Offline dirkvanadidas

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2018, 11:58:04 AM »
14 year old etc players clocking up 10 km in 80 mins which is what wolf burgs mens  team did the other day in 90 mins .
So difference is not fitness but the technical tactical and game sense that needs to be developed to raise the standard of female football.

Offline sylvain

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2018, 02:24:55 PM »
Moving onto national Camp passing.
The Coaches explain they  don't worry about accuracy just playing fast.
No doubt the shooting is just about kicking all the air out of the ball.
Who is this coach ?  >:(

Offline sylvain

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2018, 01:59:38 PM »

Offline dirkvanadidas

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2018, 02:47:59 PM »
An interesting article

https://www.ourgamemag.com/2018/05/24/the-fas-new-dual-career-program/

That what happens when you rely on lotto/sport england money, guess if an underage male player was with an  overseas club then the FA would pay for the fares, prolly just another example of #equalgame.

Offline Welsh May

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2018, 12:18:27 PM »
Well they didn't look very fast at the Euros v Germany, in fact some looked positively stationery ....  :)

Offline ProudDad01

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2018, 07:39:58 PM »
recent results
u15 lost 2-1 belgium
u16 lost japan norway beat russia and balkan country
u17 lost 8-0 germany

guess it must be all about development

Just for clarity, the U15s results this season;

England 7 Wales 0
England 1 Scotland 1
Switzerland 0 England 2
Switzerland 1 England 3
Belgium 2 England 1
Belgium 0 England 1

Offline Proudmum

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2018, 10:41:15 PM »
This year within the under 14 age group they are only looking at players born in 2005..the England guy explained on the induction night and then next season it will be those born in 2006...the RTC my daughter is in a few have been on two camps held in August, not sure how many camps they have each year!

Offline lincsdad

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2018, 09:57:47 AM »
Some very interesting comments on here, but many of them are inaccurate, especially with regards to selection and technical matters. Some of the comments have made me chuckle a bit.

I can offer you some comment on this as my daughter was recently selected for the England National Performance Camp at Under 14's.

First of all the first inclusion for camps is Under 14's, but the second year of Under 14's considering RTC's operate two year age groups. So this years Under 14's attending camps will be 2005 born. Next season it will be 2006 born.

Initial selection for the camps is on the recommendation of the Regional Talent Technical Coach. Whichever RTC your daughter is at will have one that covers all of the RTC's in that region.

In the case of the region that our RTC is in, the Talent Technical Coach held a 2005 born training day at a regional venue. This was made up of players selected from RTC's by the Talent Technical Coach, but also with some discussion and recommendation with the RTC's. She also attends fixtures to monitor the progress of all players as well as periodically turning up at RTC's to take a look, even on occasions delivering training sessions.

There are 8 camps per season the first one was in August. But there are two squads at Under 14's, one one week and the other the week after. So I guess it's actually 4 camps a year on that basis.

Each squad on a camp consists of 24 players. So there was 24 players on the squad for the three days my daughter was there, and a different 24 players the week after. But there is also a decent size standby list of players (12 I think on the last camp) in case of people being unable to attend or getting injured during the camp. Sadly two girls had to go home injured on day 2 of my daughters camp, and 2 players from the standby list were quickly drafted in.

My daughter got so much out of the camp and it was a truly fantastic life experience. The level of coaching was immense and the professionalism delivered was unreal, from the first moment we arrived, to the moment we had to go and pick her up. They really do get to experience the England international treatment.

From memory, there was a head coach, three or four other coaches, 2 goalkeeper coaches, 2 physios, 2 welfare officers, a kit manager and a camp event manager, all in attendance. May have been one or two more even. I do know that also Regional Talent Technical Coach's atttended. Well ours did anyway.

I've read people comment that they are only really looking for certain types of players in terms of size, athleticism and technical ability etc. I can honestly say that in our experience, this was not the case. There was a great mix of players with different attributes.

I will add that there has been a common thread given to us from the very first moment that we was considered at the initial 2005 born training day. That being the message that "de-selection does not mean no re-selection". They explained that not every girl will attend every camp, because there are a lot girls out there that show signs of having "elite potential". So they asked every player and parent not to panic if they are not included in the next squads, as they really do need to take a look at other players.

Whatever the outcome for my daughter, it has been a fantastic life experience, full of enrichment, and we hope of course that she will be included in some of the future camps too.

I hope this clarifies some of the questions regarding players first inclusions in camps. I am sure though that once the England playing squad ages are reached at Under 15's, that maybe camps might look a bit different and selection might also be different by then. Not sure about that.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 10:02:53 AM by lincsdad »

Offline Richhutcho

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2018, 05:45:59 PM »
Brilliant insight learnt a great deal from that really appreciated and good luck to you and your daughter for the future

Offline Proudmum

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2018, 09:14:29 AM »
Although they start looking at the under 14's for England Camp this season 2018/2019 they only look at the older u14's those born in 2005. Those U14's born in 2006 won't get looked at till next season.....England U14's guy was explaining it at RTC induction.

Offline dirkvanadidas

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2018, 11:51:45 AM »
fair play to the fa coaches, they do come out and work with the players in their  rtc environment.
The exercise consisted of short pass from the coach to player A, who then had to play a long lofted diagonal to player B in the 'pep half space' , control it and run over the line .

Offline Granger

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2018, 04:12:27 PM »
Just to add to this season's NPC info: After the double camp in August, there was a another double camp at the end of October with again 48 girls attending.
Next camp is December and will be a single camp for 30 girls and after that another camp in February, again a single camp for 30 girls I believe.
There is one final camp later on next year to round the season off. 5 camps in all.

Also there was at least one girl from grassroots football at the last 2 events and also I believe one from an ACC, so the FA are definitely looking outside of the RTC's to find players too!

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2018, 10:03:27 PM »
Thanks Granger

Welcome to the site :-)