Author Topic: England’s squad/camps  (Read 1968 times)

Offline Richhutcho

• View Profile
England’s squad/camps
« on: March 19, 2018, 11:26:23 AM »
Hi all

How are the england squad/camps generally picked?
Are players reccomended by their rtc’s/technical directors?

Any info would be great ta

Offline Bananas

• View Profile
Re: England’s squad/camps
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 11:50:05 AM »
Hi all

How are the england squad/camps generally picked?
Are players reccomended by their rtc’s/technical directors?

Any info would be great ta

Players are recommended by the rtc's technical director and/or seen by England scouts who visit the rtcs periodically. The player would then be given a chance to attend a camp to see how she stacks up against (and fits in with) the other players.

Offline Richhutcho

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 04:53:47 PM »
Thank you bananas

I’m guessing they start looking at the under 14 age group

Offline Bananas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 10:26:26 AM »
Thank you bananas

I’m guessing they start looking at the under 14 age group

Under-14s get selected for the National Performance Camps so that's an opportunity to get seen, too.  :).

Offline dirkvanadidas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2018, 08:24:13 PM »
players get looked at at u13 for u14 camps,
if you play for rtc that is a bit week and you are used to shore up defence and slightly taller then you will be always be talent identified as a defender regardless of your technical qualities for the next few years they look at you just for that position rather than getting the best players , FA COAching talent id not much better than soccer mums despite the a/b licence certificate

Offline Richhutcho

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2018, 03:29:13 PM »
Have you had an experiance of taller more physical girls always being pidgeon holed into defensive roles?

Seen some very good attacking players who have really good decision making in an attacking sense who are physically very big for their age

Offline sylvain

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 05:12:02 PM »
players get looked at at u13 for u14 camps,
if you play for rtc that is a bit week and you are used to shore up defence and slightly taller then you will be always be talent identified as a defender regardless of your technical qualities for the next few years they look at you just for that position rather than getting the best players , FA COAching talent id not much better than soccer mums despite the a/b licence certificate
Disagree, soccer mums don't know what a defensive block is in general  ;)

Offline Suoerbug

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2018, 10:53:51 PM »
As it gets to the older age groups 16's onwards etc I have heard that it is a lot more click and harder to get into due to the fa refusing to acknowledge that some players may develop post 16 !

Offline sylvain

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2018, 12:09:25 PM »
As it gets to the older age groups 16's onwards etc I have heard that it is a lot more click and harder to get into due to the fa refusing to acknowledge that some players may develop post 16 !
A good number go through, but they actually open more at u19/u23 and senior level...

Offline dirkvanadidas

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2018, 12:00:37 PM »
The other  type of player that is selected is the one that plays like a 9 year old, i.e. runs to opposition goal with the ball every time even from their own pen area.
When they get to senior football there isn't the space and so all that time "developing " is wasted, hence why england couldn't break down wales.
Skill and game sense are not the attributes talent scouts at the FA look for and want develop despite all the DNA malarky .

Offline sylvain

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2018, 03:16:35 PM »
The other  type of player that is selected is the one that plays like a 9 year old, i.e. runs to opposition goal with the ball every time even from their own pen area.
When they get to senior football there isn't the space and so all that time "developing " is wasted, hence why england couldn't break down wales.
Skill and game sense are not the attributes talent scouts at the FA look for and want develop despite all the DNA malarky .
I don't see many English players with those characteristics at international level ??

Offline dirkvanadidas

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2018, 07:20:06 PM »
So how many national players can play in the tight?

Offline dirkvanadidas

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2018, 12:29:25 PM »
watched the Man City aka England vs Liverpool in wsl , space denied to man city just like wales game.

When they get to senior football there isn't the space and so all that time "developing " is wasted, hence why england couldn't break down wales."

Offline sylvain

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2018, 03:43:11 PM »
So how many national players can play in the tight?
As many as you like really... it does not mean they are selected by Phil Neville

Offline the-lone-voyageur

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2018, 06:47:42 AM »
[ 1 ]  Vietnam ( 35 ) and Wales ( 34 ) are similarly ranked in the current FIFA women's world rankings but if Vietnam bunkered against England  it really wouldn't matter -- England would still win convincingly. I think one of the reasons why Wales did so well against England  was because so many of the Welsh  players  play in the FA WSL.  They see each other every week. Consequently, the Welsh players are very familiar with the  tendencies of the whole  English roster.

[ 2 ] To me, Neville needed to switch things up tactically against Wales. During the match, England put  a lot of aerial balls into the area that nobody tried to meet; or nobody tried to contest;  or fell to nobody.  England  could have used more size  in the area. And there was a need for players who would fight for space, pounce on a loose one or bang one in with their head. Maybe Jill Scott ( who was unavailable ) ?  Maybe Rachel Daly  ( who's quick and aggressive and plays in the USA's very physical women's league)  ?

[ 3 ] Does England have a player who is really good with the ball in tight spaces -- like Dzsenifer Marozsan?  No, not like Marozsan. But some of England's players aren't bad in tight spaces -- Fran Kirby comes to mind.

Marozsan fan vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vqgGXBC-2M
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 06:50:33 AM by the-lone-voyageur »

Offline dirkvanadidas

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2018, 08:39:24 AM »

[ 3 ] Does England have a player who is really good with the ball in tight spaces -- like Dzsenifer Marozsan?  No, not like Marozsan. But some of England's players aren't bad in tight spaces -- Fran Kirby comes to mind.

Glad you mention Fran as she didn't come through the under age national teams , please correct me if i am wrong.

Offline the-lone-voyageur

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2018, 09:57:06 AM »
^ I don't really have an opinion on the development side. Your points could be right. I merely suggest that the result against Wales can be explained as something other than a function of  inadequate player development: ie  wrong tactics, Wales familiarity with England.  Additionally  it sounded like you were saying that England had no players who could play in tight spaces.That can't be true. That said, If England want's to overtake Germany and the USA then  England needs more pace and athleticism on it's roster.  At the recent  She-Believes Cup, the England back line could not handle the pace of the American front three: Megan Rapinoe, Alex  Morgan and  Mallory Pugh. Additionally,  the Americans have other interchangeable  players who are just as fast : Lynn Williams, Christen Press, Crystal Dunn, Rose Lavelle, Kelia Ohai.   Furthermore, Germany has not beaten the USA in over a decade .The German women national team is  afraid of the American's speed  and are always retreating, conceding space , and cautious about going forward against  the USA.  Simply put, speed is everything in the (senior international ) women's game .
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 04:17:52 PM by the-lone-voyageur »

Offline dirkvanadidas

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2018, 07:59:00 AM »
Should your daughter be identified at 13 by her physical attributes as a defender (they don't change their mind at a later age)  and so become part of the defender training.
This individual training consists of boof-ball , a long ball over the top into the channel, if you watched millie bright against bristol city you would have seen six good examples in the 2nd half of boof ball, where by the ball just goes through to oppo goalkeeper.
In the england wales games Houghton boof ball just went over the by line for goal kicks.

Offline Richhutcho

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2018, 02:10:03 PM »
Not expecting my daughter to be spotted by england just happy she’s thriving at an rtc

Would be interetsing seeing what they made if her as she’s about 5ft2 at 11 and  very physical lol but is really precise with decision making attacking wise

Would be a shame though girls who are talented creatively and intelligent pidgeon holed due to there physicality

Offline dirkvanadidas

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2018, 11:03:07 AM »
Moving onto national Camp passing.
The Coaches explain they  don't worry about accuracy just playing fast.
No doubt the shooting is just about kicking all the air out of the ball.