Author Topic: April Fool Fixture for Ladies.  (Read 783 times)

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
April Fool Fixture for Ladies.
« on: March 30, 2007, 01:18:42 PM »
With the Ladies last 3 matches all away days Forest will be out to avenge Lace Derby disaster when a Snelson and Aisthorpe double decided things 2-0. The Lady Imps lead the WPL Northern Division table by 4 points, from Crewe who have but one to play. Attention is therefore focused on the Liverpudliettes, 9 points back with 5 games in hand. Though the Reds have 8 games yet to play, two double headers against dangerous sides who they have yet to play, means half of those will be sticky. But it is the Forest match this Sunday that City manager Rod Wilson and his players will be entirely focused on.

Sunday's match against Forest is absolutely key for us if we are to retain hopes of gaining promotion to the National Division next season', said Lincoln City Ladies FC chairman Geoff Adams. 'Following our goalless draw against Liverpool last week, we need to take maximum points from all three of our remaining matches. If we can achieve this it will put pressure on Liverpool to take maximum points every time they run out onto the field - and that situation may well last throughout the whole of their eight game run-in to the end of their season. This, I believe, will put Liverpool under a massive amount of pressure. We beat Forest 2-0 at home last time out, but I know that they did not think they had played very well that day. They are one of the best sides in our division and they will be out to prove a point - and there is always a bit of local rivalry between the two clubs. Although it will be extremely difficult to go away and beat Forest at Dunkirk, I believe the Lady Imps are more than capable of achieving a three point haul there - but they will need to play their best football - both individually and as a team - in order to achieve this result and keep their title aspirations alive. Forest will be an incredibly difficult side to beat on Sunday, I urge all Lady Imps supporters to get themselves down to Dunkirk FC on Sunday to support the Lincoln City Ladies team in this crunch match, and their final push for promotion this season' said Adams.

The Lady Imps will then face Aston Villa on 8th April and Curzon Ashton on 15th April, for their final two matches of the season. With fixture congestion on the Liverpudliettes, a first place promotion finish is very realistic. They do say things happen in threes. The Imps to win promotion on Wembley`s Lincoln green, The reserves to win the Pontins cup, and a championship with promotion to the WPL for the ladies. Oooooh suits you Madams!

http://www.lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=59051