Author Topic: FA shedding tiers ?  (Read 1849 times)

Offline Barking_Mad

• View Profile
FA shedding tiers ?
« on: September 03, 2017, 08:14:28 AM »
I hear a rumour that the tier system is going .... can anyone confirm or deny ?

8)

Offline Suoerbug

• View Profile
Re: FA shedding tiers ?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 12:59:45 PM »
Not heard anything personally but can't say it would surprise me. The tier system has purely given clubs bragging rights as opposed to producing better players .  I see Oxford have become a tier 2 but still have to play tier 1 teams who will obviously be fitter as they train 3 times a week.

The worst mistake the FA have made is not making an under 18's league. Just let 16 year old girls go and play in a womens league, ridiculous logic! 

Offline Blueisthecolour

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 01:44:11 PM »
I have to say i don't think the standard of players is any better in Tier 1 as opposed to the other tiers, so i wouldn't be surprised if it was scrapped.

Offline croc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 12:36:19 PM »
Not heard anything personally but can't say it would surprise me. The tier system has purely given clubs bragging rights as opposed to producing better players .  I see Oxford have become a tier 2 but still have to play tier 1 teams who will obviously be fitter as they train 3 times a week.

The worst mistake the FA have made is not making an under 18's league. Just let 16 year old girls go and play in a womens league, ridiculous logic!

There are u18 leagues - depends where you are - something like the Central Warks league is high quality.   As for womens football - well there are development divisions where high level womens sides enter a development team so something like the WPL development division.    Bottom line is the FA is only really interested in the cream and it assumes most of those on the radar of the England set up will find places in WSL development set ups.