Author Topic: Danielle Carter  (Read 650 times)

Offline sbahnhof

• View Profile
Danielle Carter
« on: June 05, 2017, 07:21:04 AM »
The Arsenal forward, matchwinner in the 2016 Cup final, is in the news this week:

Manchester City target Arsenal Ladies striker Danielle Carter in potential ground-breaking transfer
City are prepared to make the 24-year-old one of the best paid players in the women’s game with an £80,000-a-year contract ... Carter will be a free agent in December and, even though transfer fees are rarely paid, City are prepared to try and do the deal now which would be a game changer for the Women’s Super League.

Sylvain's analysis:

The tabloid also mentions that Chelsea and Bayern are interested in signing her. ... We know that [Arsenal] can match £80,000 wages as Kim Little is rumoured to be earning even more. But with 10 forwards currently on the club’s books, you cannot really see all of them staying for the 2017/18 season…

Would Carter also be on an FA central contract? The FA says it has 30 England women's players on such contracts, paying something upwards of £20,000 each or £25,000 each annually.

Carter's England career has consisted of two hat-tricks against Estonia in 2016, but has stalled, with an injury in January and exclusion from the SheBelieves Cup. But is she likely to be one of the FA's 30? Just wondering.

In an interview last month she talked about missing out on Euro 2017:

“I’m showing on the pitch how I’ve taken the news,” she asserts. “If I keep playing well, scoring and making goals, I’ll get back in. I was desperate to be on that plane but there’s a bigger picture, I want to be involved with England for many years and there will be other tournaments if I keep working hard.”

Offline sbahnhof

• View Profile
Re: Danielle Carter
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 09:13:53 AM »

Interview this week, but no mention of the Man City rumour:

With 8 years now at Arsenal, Carter is becoming something of a veteran at the club and the Romford born forward admits that her association could have been even longer if Vic Akers had gotten his way. “Vic Akers approached me a few years before I eventually joined.

“He wanted me at the Arsenal Centre of Excellence, but my mum couldn’t take me there every week, so I stayed at Leyton Orient, nearer where I lived. Eventually I moved across to the Arsenal Reserves when I was 16 years old. ... I’ve been here for 8 years as it stands and it’s still so amazing. Arsenal Ladies is all I know.”

Offline sbahnhof

• View Profile
Re: Danielle Carter
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 07:04:47 AM »

Carter signs a new deal at her club Arsenal, not tempted to move elsewhere:

- http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/england-striker-dan-carter-eager-11076290 (Archive page)

- http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41087078

Danielle Carter has chosen to stay at Arsenal
(pic: joshjdss, cc-by)