Author Topic: Regional Talent Club to Replace Centre of Excellence  (Read 45798 times)

Offline Trickie

• View Profile
Re: Regional Talent Club to Replace Centre of Excellence
« Reply #240 on: June 25, 2016, 09:11:30 PM »
Cheers Eddie

Offline pool47

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 25, 2016, 11:59:11 PM »
Just examples how tough this process is. Many talented girls trial but don't get the opportunity which is a shame. I'm sure if parents / players knew how many places and what positions were up for grabs they would think twice about continuing. Great experience if you get the chance. Good Luck!

Offline raefil

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 27, 2016, 04:18:15 PM »
Did anyone trial at Blackburn or Man utd? Wondered how they compared to man city's system

Im a parent whos had experience at both rovers and Man U.   I cant comment on City as theyre brand new into the system but I`ll vouch for both Rovers and Man U.  Quality coaching, quality set ups.

Offline StevieH

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 29, 2016, 06:55:27 AM »
This has been a disaster for my 14 year old who has been at Arsenal and Millwall for 6 years. She is currently on standby and increasingly looking like being displaced from CoE football altogether, due to reduction in teams available, poor regional representation to population .  London has lost Watford,  Middlesex now only has 4 RTC s for 12 million people. ( Chelsea Tier 2, SW , Arsenal T1, Herts, Tier 1, Millwall T2 and now Charlton T3 in S)  For many girls north of Thames especially that only impossible to get to training in under 90 mins so now travelling as far as Colchester,  Oxford etc. We know of one girl who has called it a day, my daughter is beside herself as by far most footie passionate in team, best footballing brain and one of the better players. It seems girls being released by Arsenal more or less given spaces without even a trial at Millwall such is supply demand mis match. It is wholly upsetting, unfair and the very thing was supposed to improve is forcing girls in London area from football, being very disappointed, disillusioned.The whole of east London does not have a centre whatsoever,  such a shame between the Olympic legacy didnt leave a girls football team in London, West Ham benefited tremendously but no RTC. Like I mentioned 12 million plus for couple of teams hardly proportionate or fair at all.

Offline higson

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 29, 2016, 04:06:54 PM »
Not quite East London, but Fulham FC want to get a Girls Development Centre going...
U10s – Tuesday 28th June – 6.30-8.30pm
U12s and U14s – Wednesday 29th June  - 6.30-8.30pm

Dear Parent,

Fulham FC Foundation Girls Development Centre (GDC) trials taking place tonight.

The venue for the trials is:

Kingston University Sports Ground,

Tolworth Court,

Old Kingston Road,

Tolworth,

Surrey,

KT4 7QH

Please aim to arrive for 18.15 for a 18.30 start, we will aim to finish between 20.00-20.30.

The playing surface is grass and therefore any boot type can be worn, and every player must wear shin pads.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Steve

STEVE JAYE

OPERATIONS OFFICER

Offline croc

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 30, 2016, 10:41:49 AM »
Looks like a good alternative for anyone that didn't get into an RTC.   I know I've said it before but there is football outside of the CoE/RTC structure - there are good players and good coaches - yes I know there may not be the strength in depth but if there is a shortage of RTCs in London that should mean that the top sides in grassroots are all the stronger.   

Offline Maytime

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 02, 2016, 07:07:51 PM »
My Daughter got through to the last trial day but fell short, she was devastated when I told her. She was convinced she would get through. We were told after, that only 3 places were up for grabs, not sure what positions but tough regardless.

Bit disillusioned with it all at the moment to be honest.

Offline Schizoid007

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 07, 2016, 10:45:40 AM »
Being a coach myself of a boys team which my daughter playing in for the last 3 years, she has just been signed up by Teesside RTC after successful trials at both there and Sunderland.  I have to say the level of professionalism is excellent, Teesside is a Tier 2 club but offer.  My daughter will be there 4 nights a weeks and matches on Saturday with 2 Strength & Conditioning sessions.  It is a shame to lose her as a player but I feel it's a step in the right direction for any girls that want to succeed in the professional game.

Offline Maytime

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 01, 2016, 04:45:55 PM »
After the setback of not getting through trials my daughter has insisted she wants to play mixed this season (U14). She has found a team and been made to feel really welcome. I must say I'm really proud of her, she could have taken the easy option and stayed with the girls side but wanted to push herself.

She has played a couple of pre-season games so far and although some of the lads are physically stronger and faster I can see it will benefit her. She will adapt her game but still continue to do what she is good at. She is really looking forward to the season ahead now so I'm really pleased.

Offline croc

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 01, 2016, 08:17:32 PM »
Good news.   I know the coach of my local county side considers his star player to be a young woman who played mixed football up til u14 so it's certainly a route that can work to develop a player.   

Offline Suoerbug

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 07, 2016, 09:53:51 PM »
Any feedback from parents about the new structure.  Anyone notice any differences so far between tier 1s and and the others ? Be interesting to hear if there's been any scouts at the first games or friendlies.

Offline croc

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 11, 2016, 11:57:18 AM »
Interested in how the u12s are getting on in the boys leagues.   Looked up the Derby RTC and they lost 4-0 this morning which (I know it's not all about results) I think is promising if they haven't played boys before because there is a difference in how quick you get closed down and in physicality in the boys leagues which would take a few games to adapt to. 

Offline croc

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 11, 2016, 02:27:40 PM »
Result now showing as 4-3

coey

« Reply #253 on: September 29, 2016, 10:58:34 AM »
Any feedback from parents about the new structure.  Anyone notice any differences so far between tier 1s and and the others ? Be interesting to hear if there's been any scouts at the first games or friendlies.

scouts at matches and training in pre season.

Offline Welsh May

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 07, 2016, 03:22:37 PM »
it has been a surprise to some last years u17s who are included in the new age u16s that they now do not qualify age wise for u16s NPC etc. So only younger u16s and u15s are eligible ..... quality definitely high at tier 1 and tier 2. Arsenal fab, Aston Villa class from last year, northern NW & NE teams impressive. I wonder about the wisdom though, having a tier 3 like Forest mentioned above near a WSL1 they will need to look to local RTC2&1. I am sure this will change over the years but doesn't make much sense, in terms of pathways ..... Not seen any observers at our matches yet, seem to be going with last years players mainly ..... nothing as strange as football?