Author Topic: Netherlands v England, Nov 29th 2016  (Read 691 times)

Offline sbahnhof

• View Profile
Netherlands v England, Nov 29th 2016
« on: November 29, 2016, 08:41:57 AM »
International friendly at the Koning Willem II Stadion in Tilburg - England's last game of 2016, taking on the hosts of Euro 2017.

BBC TV coverage on the red button starts Tuesday 5.45, kickoff at 6pm.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38129526

Afterwards it should be on iPlayer for a month.

The same stadium will be the Euro 2017 venue for Portugal v England on July 27th 2017.

The biggest omission from the England squad was Eni Aluko after her season as the WSL's top scorer: "Fran Kirby and Casey Stoney are also absent because of injury but the Arsenal striker Jodie Taylor and the Liverpool captain, Gemma Bonner, both return."

A pre-match interview with captain Steph Houghton:

Houghton knows the players at Arjan van der Laan’s disposal, including Manchester City club-mate Tessel Middag, will bring the best out of [Houghton's] team, who qualified unbeaten for next summer's tournament. [...] “The likes of Daniëlle van de Donk and Shanice van de Sanden, who we play against week in, week out; we know they’re real threats to us.

“Tess is a fantastic player, too. She hasn’t featured as much as she probably would have liked this season but I really feel she’s going to be a top, top player."

And for an inside view on the hosts, an Offside Rule interview with their captain Mandy van den Berg:

“For me these Euro’s will be extra special, not just because they are being held in the Netherlands,” says the 26-year-old. “I missed my first Euro’s because of an injury so to lead my team out in front of our fans will be amazing."

[...] It’s not just the FA WSL players that bring top quality to the Netherlands side, attacker Lieke Martens plays for Swedish giants Rosengard and was a star of the 2015 World Cup whilst Vivianne Miedema is currently tearing up the Bundesliga for Bayern Munich at the age of just 20. Miedema already has over 20 goals for the national team.

The Dutch team at World Cup 2015 (pic: IQRemix, cc-by)
-
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 01:43:24 AM by sbahnhof »

Offline calcio

• View Profile
Re: Netherlands v England, Nov 29th 2016
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 09:55:31 AM »
Grazie di tutte queste notizie.
Eugenio.

Offline sbahnhof

• View Profile
Re: Netherlands v England, Nov 29th 2016
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 10:33:10 AM »