Author Topic: County Squads and RTC's  (Read 5031 times)

Offline interested

• View Profile
County Squads and RTC's
« on: October 19, 2016, 01:09:49 PM »
Simple question:

Should the FA ban RTC players from County Schools Football to ensure a level playing field for ALL Counties involved in the ESFA competitions and make the process clear and transparent for all Parents, Players and organisations involved?

coey

Re: County Squads and RTC's
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 03:07:12 PM »
still having problems where by English FA expect players to improve by playing less and I mean a lot less than abroad.

Offline croc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 05:25:25 PM »
Suppose it depends what the County squads are supposed to be for.   I don't think the RTC system is a good one but seeing as that is what we have I don't really see the point in having county teams full of RTC players.   

On the other hand it's interesting watching the RTC players and the non-RTC players in the same teams.

Offline ProudDad01

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 07:52:36 PM »
Would have thought irrelevant?
Schools nominate players for County Teams - why shouldnt a player get the chance to represent their school at County level if they are in a RTC?

Offline Boot cleaner

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 09:32:45 PM »
Most of our County squad is non-RTC.  It is a good mix of school, grass roots and RTC players. I think it is inevitable that counties will want to select the best players wherever they may be playing. Interestingly, I believe Surrey train on a Saturday and attendance is mandatory.  As a result they don't have any RTC players, which with Chelsea on their doorstep, is a bit surprising.

Offline croc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 10:35:18 PM »
My daughter wasn't nominated by her school she got a leaflet at an rtc trial about the county trials and went along.   I just assumed that was how it worked.     It's mostly rtc players but good to hear that isn't the case everywhere.   

Offline interested

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2016, 09:32:03 AM »
Is it fair that RTC's are "Educating" players about not playing to much which means that RTC players are not representing their Counties- Surely it should be a level playing field for ALL Counties- Is it fair that some County Schools teams are run by the same coach that runs the RTC U16's and therefore will release players to play and are able to train them twice a week and a match while other Counties RTC's will not support players to enable them to represent their County.

Surely it should be a level playing field for ALL Counties and not just the MINORITY 

Offline croc

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2016, 01:16:21 PM »
How would you change it ?  You obviously have a view on it.   

As things stand RTCs are charged with doing what they think is best to develop players and presumably county coaches are charged with winning games - some will have a stronger hand than others by the looks of it - I don't have a huge problem with it though it's youth football not the world cup and whilst if I was in charge of a county I'd probably want to pick from the RTCs as well as elsewhere I can see why the RTCs would want to protect players from playing too much football.

Offline pool47

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2016, 07:49:33 PM »
Difficult isn't it? In our county one RTC has actively discouraged players from representing their county. The irony is that it is county football that gives a lot of girls the idea / encouragement to trial for rtcs. Sadly a number of players have followed the directions given and chosen not to play. It's an argument that invokes different views. The underlying theme is that there are a lot of  good players out there and not all at rtcs. If Counties couldn't pick etc players (and some already don't) it would create more opportunities for grass roots players. If denied the opportunity to represent their county some players may leave their RTCS!

Offline Boot cleaner

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2016, 09:04:45 PM »
I was talking to a parent at another RTC today who was bemoaning the fact that County football was not an option for his daughter because of where they lived.  As a result she had plenty of weekends during the season without a fixture which is the worst thing imaginable for a girl who loves football.

Sure some RTCs may discourage their squads from playing County football but I suspect they do so only because they feel it is in there own best interests. Sadly, in my experience an ethical approach is not something that is top of the list of RTC core values.

With the caveat that I am not a trained physio I would say it is the parents' responsibility to make sure their child does not overdo it in terms of playing too much.  So if county football doesn't clash with RTC fixtures then why shouldn't a girl do both?  Learning and developing by playing is incredibly important.

If that wasn't enough our county coach is much better than our RTC coach and as a result I think my daughter really benefits from the coaching.

I can understand why non-RTC parents might want county football reserved for non-RTC players but I feel that if you are representing your county it should be because you are one of the best players in the county irrespective of where you play your club football. Where we live we have the option of the London Youth Games where the rules exclude RTC players for the football and RTC equivalent players for for other sports which is great if your child plays a sport to a good standard but is not at an RTC or equivalent.

Offline croc

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2016, 07:44:40 PM »
Does anyone know what the rules are for substitutions for these games - are they roll on roll off or once you are off you are off ?  Thanks

Offline Maytime

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2016, 08:02:06 PM »
Does anyone know what the rules are for substitutions for these games - are they roll on roll off or once you are off you are off ?  Thanks

Rolling subs.

Offline croc

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2016, 09:20:56 PM »
Thanks

Offline croc

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2017, 12:47:16 AM »
Anyone know if the teams are mainly rtc or grassroots - especially the east and west mids teams ?

Offline pool47

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2017, 10:53:54 PM »
Generally mixed. Don't know about those counties. Some school fas put a lot of detail on their website so you can check squad lists against rtcs. For example a number of Durham's players are at Durham RTC and some at terrier. If you checked Essex out I think you'd find they are all RTC whereas South Yorkshire have no RTC players. Good competitive football as a rule.

Offline croc

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2017, 10:23:32 AM »
Derbyshire through to I think the Semis after beating Northumberland 4-1

Anyone got any inside information on who the form teams are in this, where would your money be?

Offline pool47

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2017, 12:49:59 PM »
Essex & Sussex through as well. Worcs play Durham Thursday. Not sure there is such a thing in this competition as every year seems to bring a different winner. Last year's winners didn't qualify and another first time winner looks likely. Some school's website provide plenty of detail and some provide none.

Offline Welsh May

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2017, 06:33:44 AM »
Derbyshire a good squad with lot of RTC players, though Leics parent said that Notts beat them last night 4-1 with team inc 4 grassroots players in their squad so never know ... though couple of the key Derbyshire players missing from their team, one away with England u16s, Notts team also missing their England player?. Though seems most teams are solely RTC ....

Offline croc

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2017, 09:45:52 AM »
Yes first half should have been bigger Derbyshire lead second half Notts played all the football and deserved to win.  Correct they were missing two players who are key to the way they play but even so I think it's best described as a bad day at the office.

Anyone else there or watched the East Mids group I'd be interested in what you thought.

Offline mikeyfaz

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2017, 03:44:21 PM »
what age do the country games start?