Author Topic: RTC Standards  (Read 16817 times)

Offline Suoerbug

• View Profile
RTC Standards
« on: September 25, 2016, 08:43:37 PM »
What's everyone's opinions on the new tier systems and teams etc .
Heard varying reports/ rumours about not being massive differences between the tiers, suppose cup and friendlies will answer this.

Other than that one parent has moaned that going from under 15s to 14s has hindered her daughters development due to smaller ball and pitch.

Wonder if training 3 times a week is benefiting tier 1 players or not doing them any favours because of tiredness etc ?

Offline croc

• View Profile
Re: RTC Standards
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 03:43:39 PM »
I guess if the FA thought U14s would progress better on big pitches and size 5 balls they'd have them playing on/with them.   

Heard one manager of a boys side moaning about all the U12 RTCs in their league  (Midland JP - think there are 5) - reckoned it was bringing down the standard of the football and they should have picked leagues of a suitable standard not aimed high.   

Offline Boot cleaner

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 01:18:54 PM »
The standard in Tier 2/3 South at U16 level seems good although it looks like Chelsea, Essex, Millwall and Reading are going to be significantly stronger than Charlton, Gillingham and MK Dons.  My early impression is that is partly due to physicality and strength.  It may also be because some of these clubs have also been refining their squads for years.

I have heard of U10 and U12 sides being heavily beaten by the boys but when you have leagues of five or six divisions it may not be easy to pitch the girls in at the right level from the start.  These things can be adjusted fairly easily.

Our RTC trains two x 2 hours per week but with an additional evening training session this week for the county side I am half expecting a tiredness induced tantrum by the time we get to Friday.

Offline croc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 01:26:53 PM »
I always wonder if the county sides should include RTC players.    I suppose it gives those non rtc players included in them a chance to see the level.

Offline Suoerbug

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 09:51:54 PM »
Most of the reports that I've heard is that the 16's leagues across the tiers are of a high standard with the exception it seems of Nottingham Forest. Also heard that Tier 1  South in the 14's section is a strong standard. Not seen or heard much about the 10s or 12s. Surely the FA would be better doing an under 18s league and getting rid of the under 10's purely so they can play local grass roots football until venturing into the under 12's or does that seem to sensible ?

Offline croc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 12:45:06 AM »
Did the director at Forest resign - thought I saw them advertising but on the internet you never know if it's current ?   

He was an odd character, real parade ground manner, I don't mind different styles of working but he was OTT.   Doesn't surprise me they are doing badly the trials were a joke imo - much worse than others I saw.

Offline Suoerbug

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2016, 11:17:49 PM »
Not sure if he resigned from Forest but am pretty sure he has turned up at Sheffield which will be a delight for them.

Purely going on what some Lincoln parents said last year he doesn't sound like the best technical director ever especially not attending their end of season do and keep telling the players its pointless them trialing for tier 1 centres as they only take the best !
Apparently the ironic thing with this is that he hadn't seen many play due to his insistence of watching the under 17's all year !

I presume the quality/ personalities of the technical directors differ massively from club to club.

coey

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2016, 10:57:16 AM »
Most of the reports that I've heard is that the 16's leagues across the tiers are of a high standard with the exception it seems of Nottingham Forest. Also heard that Tier 1  South in the 14's section is a strong standard. Not seen or heard much about the 10s or 12s. Surely the FA would be better doing an under 18s league and getting rid of the under 10's purely so they can play local grass roots football until venturing into the under 12's or does that seem to sensible ?

Interesting comments about 14 south, was that after the recent national camp ?

Offline Suoerbug

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2016, 11:52:26 AM »
Hadn't realise there had been a national camp yet. Was going more in rumour.  Someone I spoke to had said there was either a lot of new players entering the system or there has been a few girls go from playing under 15s to under 14s thus looking quite strong.

Offline Welsh May

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2016, 03:28:36 PM »
County teams are predominantly RTC players. Many are never seen in the county except for county games as they play for out of grassroots or local county teams?. I heard it was the second time Steve S had left Forest, but some fathers said he was really good, knows his stuff, depends on whether you like his style I guess?. Same as with nay manager/coach, some suit some players and others don't bring out their best. Made a difference with the Forest 1st team last season, so can't be all that bad?.

Offline croc

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2016, 06:01:11 PM »
They lost 16-0 to Villa today - think there are teams in the local league could probably do better than that.

Offline Suoerbug

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2016, 09:38:06 PM »
That can't be good for morale getting spanked week after week. They either picked badly in trials or the girls aren't interested.

Reports of England scouts checking out lots of southern /midlands games in last few weeks, although you often wonder what they see sometimes. I think it becomes to easy to watch the same old players,some blantantly don't improve but a bit like Rooney with the men it becomes almost unmentionable as your opinion is then considered crazy.

Offline ProudDad01

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2016, 11:38:45 PM »
Seen a few games in North Region now. At U14s, Man Utd very strong. At U16s, not seen anyone better than Liverpool. Man City years behind in both those age groups - they will need a very good recruitment process to catch up, albeit incredible facilities.

Offline pool47

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2016, 07:31:59 PM »
Believe the City trials and organisation was calamitous. Understand a coach left a different r t c & returned too weeks later. I'm sure their facilities will encourage players to go there and they will catch up. Money talk's!

Offline interested

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2016, 01:04:56 PM »
The standard in Tier 2/3 South at U16 level seems good although it looks like Chelsea, Essex, Millwall and Reading are going to be significantly stronger than Charlton, Gillingham and MK Dons.  My early impression is that is partly due to physicality and strength.  It may also be because some of these clubs have also been refining their squads for years.

I have heard of U10 and U12 sides being heavily beaten by the boys but when you have leagues of five or six divisions it may not be easy to pitch the girls in at the right level from the start.  These things can be adjusted fairly easily.

Our RTC trains two x 2 hours per week but with an additional evening training session this week for the county side I am half expecting a tiredness induced tantrum by the time we get to Friday.

Which County trains it's kids every week?

Offline Boot cleaner

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2016, 09:21:30 PM »
Not every week, just that week.  Usually once a month.

Offline ProudDad01

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2016, 09:25:33 PM »
Any feedback from 2nd U14s National Camp that took place this weekend ??

coey

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2016, 10:05:13 AM »

4 clubs provided half the players.

Offline ProudDad01

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2016, 06:12:55 PM »

4 clubs provided half the players.

Heard similar. I know there were 3 from Liverpool, only picked up snippets from chatting with Parents at training last night. Standard apparently good though.

Offline Suoerbug

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2016, 10:03:30 PM »
Don't think to many of the players will change, once they are in the system its extremely hard for other girls to in the mix, despite some girls developing into decent players and some not progressing as you might think.

Have heard there was 3 from Arsenal there, not sure about other teams but I would expect a couple from Southampton after hearing good reports about their team.