Author Topic: RTC Standards  (Read 15136 times)

Offline pool47

• View Profile
Re: RTC Standards
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2016, 10:44:58 PM »
So what has changed? Has something been fixed that wasn't necessarily broken?

Offline ProudDad01

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2016, 10:06:00 AM »
Don't think to many of the players will change, once they are in the system its extremely hard for other girls to in the mix, despite some girls developing into decent players and some not progressing as you might think.

Have heard there was 3 from Arsenal there, not sure about other teams but I would expect a couple from Southampton after hearing good reports about their team.

Heard slightly different. 5 from Arsenal, 4 from Chelsea and apparently of original 30 at first Camp, there were 14 or 15 changes at 2nd Camp

Offline Suoerbug

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2016, 10:51:01 PM »
Your info is probably more accurate that mine then, 9 is a decent amount between Arsenal and Chelsea.

What about other tier 1s representations such as Leicester, Brighton and as previously mentioned Southampton who are apparently good. Have heard conflicting reports about the Leicester under 14s seems to be a mixture of some good players and some not so good and heard similar things about Oxford.

coey

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2016, 11:45:45 AM »
Your info is probably more accurate that mine then, 9 is a decent amount between Arsenal and Chelsea.

What about other tier 1s representations such as Leicester, Brighton and as previously mentioned Southampton who are apparently good. Have heard conflicting reports about the Leicester under 14s seems to be a mixture of some good players and some not so good and heard similar things about Oxford.

1-2-1 for clubs u have mentioned.

Talent id is for regionals was a farce , so much so that the 2nd regional camp 10 players originally not ready were invited back.
When one club has a coach (on fast track with FA) making selections at the expense of other clubs players it brings into the credibility of said club and its talent id, one of the ten had alreay been selected for national camp as a regular.
Then again the talent id to get in the system is flawed, the club that has the most players ran a 30 min keep ball session as a trial last season, one year later one of their rejects is a regular at nationals , that player  also got the  knock back from the late Middlesex coe, and cfc not wanting to see the player in the first place.
Still the club with most players was pleased with their FA talent id certificate.

Offline Suoerbug

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2016, 09:37:19 AM »

Talent id is for regionals was a farce , so much so that the 2nd regional camp 10 players originally not ready were invited back.
When one club has a coach (on fast track with FA) making selections at the expense of other clubs players it brings into the credibility of said club and its talent id, one of the ten had alreay been selected for national camp as a regular.
Then again the talent id to get in the system is flawed, the club that has the most players ran a 30 min keep ball session as a trial last season, one year later one of their rejects is a regular at nationals , that player  also got the  knock back from the late Middlesex coe, and cfc not wanting to see the player in the first place.
Still the club with most players was pleased with their FA talent id certificate.

I presume this is the under 14's section (lower year England under 15's)  you are referring to ?

Seems a bit like a dubious selection policy to me. If there is club coaches involved with England then they should be unbiased with their selections. When you say 1 2  1 is that how many players are from Leicester, Brighton and Southampton ?

From more recent conversations I have heard that Leicester have a stand out 2 or 3 players as do Southampton so will be interesting to see if they get recognition at any future camps.

coey

« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2016, 03:36:52 PM »

I presume this is the under 14's section (lower year England under 15's)  you are referring to ?

Seems a bit like a dubious selection policy to me. If there is club coaches involved with England then they should be unbiased with their selections. When you say 1 2  1 is that how many players are from Leicester, Brighton and Southampton ?

From more recent conversations I have heard that Leicester have a stand out 2 or 3 players as do Southampton so will be interesting to see if they get recognition at any future camps.

U14 as u have mentioned .
the issues were the regional camps where by clubs coaches look after their own interests first , hence the retrials
don't forget in the u14 some players are in the u15 setup due to school year for coe and not calander year

Offline ProudDad01

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2017, 10:57:41 AM »
Was at a U14s Tier 1 vs Tier 2 fixture on Sat - referee deliberately ended game 7 minutes early - lets just say it was one-sided. Definite gulf in standard.

Offline mikeyfaz

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2017, 09:21:10 PM »
whats the views on standard of leagues. I believe at u10 city are not in a league, United are, Everton are, not sure how its all panned out.

Offline Welsh May

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2017, 09:26:48 PM »
This is interesting discussion. Having watched RTC players from across the country, the standard between some is very similar and in our team there are minimal weaknesses so why aren't all the girls being recommended to be viewed. Some go to camps etc others don't. It is clear from our club and other I hear about, that coaches have favourites and position and push their chosen players. One at our club always gets full games. At two others, where there are national selectors/coaches it is their 4 GKs only going to England camps, at another she gets accredited others goals. What has been great to hear is that new players have got to camps this year and not ones scoring goals as strikers are backed by good squads it doesn't happen in isolation. But if the selectors are in clubs is that true?, it creates bias and if selectors rely on coaches they will promote their favourites. It's what happens. So for me FA should keep the two separate ..........  all RTC1 players should go to a RTC1 camp to be viewed and same for the other RTCs .... it makes the RTC structure have purpose, then pull the ones with extra, to NPCs.

Offline pool47

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2017, 11:42:16 PM »
So has anything actually changed within this process? Is it any better? Reading some of these comments the cliques still remain. Is that a reasonable assessment?

coey

« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2017, 09:20:38 AM »
Was at a U14s Tier 1 vs Tier 2 fixture on Sat - referee deliberately ended game 7 minutes early - lets just say it was one-sided. Definite gulf in standard.

wasn't Charlton by any chance.

coey

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2017, 09:23:16 AM »
whats the views on standard of leagues. I believe at u10 city are not in a league, United are, Everton are, not sure how its all panned out.

the word on the street playing in the boys league has been a waste of time (boys to weak)  for the girls down on the coast way.
It is not challenging the players at all, waste of time comes to mind

Offline ProudDad01

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2017, 05:14:05 PM »

wasn't Charlton by any chance.

No it wasnt. In the North...

Offline croc

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2017, 01:07:21 PM »
Yes but is that a pattern or just one game ?   If you look at how say Leicester are doing in the mjpl they are not as good as some of the supposedly inferior RTCs.    I'd be really surprised if there is a gulf in standard between the Tier 1s and the Tier2s as a whole  - why would there be because as he been said most players do not live within reasonable travelling distance of two RTCs. 

Offline Welsh May

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2017, 04:20:29 PM »
Absolutely Derby have delivered some great results for example as an RTC2, as have Aston Villa? and faired better against their FA opponents for example Leics (who are RTC1) only losing 2-0 which is better than other RTC1s who'd played that team?

Offline croc

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2017, 06:39:19 PM »

the word on the street playing in the boys league has been a waste of time (boys to weak)  for the girls down on the coast way.
It is not challenging the players at all, waste of time comes to mind

Join a more competitive league would be my advice, if you look at the midlands and the RTCs in the MJPL they have been well beaten by nearly all the boys teams - I think it's the right idea but a few may have to rethink which league/division they play in.    At the older age groups I saw Derby u16 RTC play a boys u15 (reasonable but not top grassroots level) side and again the boys were reasonably comfortable winners so it shouldn't be hard to find competition in the boys leagues.

Offline growler75

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2017, 04:59:51 PM »
My daughter plays at Leicester under 14's and I haven't seen that much difference between tier 1 and 2's . they have played tier 2's in derby and Villa and there wasn't much in either game infact I think Villa won by the odd goal. They play each other in a couple of weeks so that will be a good pointer as I think Leicester have just started to improve quite rapidly.

Can't comment on tier 3's as not seen any but have heard that Forest are are reported to not be that great but other than them I think a lot of the tiers will be similar.

The best under 14;s side I have seen so far have been Southampton followed by Arsenal although Leicester have more than competed with both.

The biggest injustice I have seen so far in the stupidity of playing 11 a side football on 9 a side pitches, its an absolute joke !

coey

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2017, 12:48:25 PM »

The best under 14;s side I have seen so far have been Southampton followed by Arsenal although Leicester have more than competed with both.

The biggest injustice I have seen so far in the stupidity of playing 11 a side football on 9 a side pitches, its an absolute joke !

upcoming NPC for u14 has no soton players and six from the arse.
upcoming regional camp a number of soton players get only one day instead of two ( cos of numbers and maybe one selector has a bias towards own club ?)

coey

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2017, 12:51:55 PM »
RAE (relative age effect) on NPC squad , 2 to 1 in favour of players born in first 6 months of calander year.

Offline growler75

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2017, 10:14:28 PM »
The relative age effect would be interesting across the board for the first 8 months of the year. I dare to estimate that as high as 75 -80% of players who regularly attend national performance camps are born between January and end of August.

I understand a lot of Arsenal girls attending camps etc as they are decent players but then so are a lot of girls from the other clubs. 

On a personal note I'm yet to be convinced that 3 nights a week has had any major bearing on the players. Perhaps my daughter is a little fitter but other than that the 3rd night is impacting my fuel consumption more than the team performances !