Author Topic: New 5-a-side league in London  (Read 688 times)

Offline Leagues Ahead

• View Profile
    • Leagues Ahead
New 5-a-side league in London
« on: July 25, 2016, 09:40:59 PM »
Hi everyone,

Just introducing myself as I run a 5-a-side ladies football league in London (www.leaguesahead.net). We (I run this with a friend of mine) currently have a league in Brixton, but we're hoping to start running leagues and tournaments north of the river too. Our next season in Brixton will kick off on August 25, and we're looking for teams and players to get involved.

The whole ethos of our leagues is to make 5-a-side league football affordable in the city. I've played a lot in London myself, and was tired of paying £50+ per week for my team, so thought I'd set something up to attract players who might have been priced out. After running a men's league for a season, we started running a women's league and haven't looked back.

Also, we just want to run a great league. We do everything we can to avoid cancelled matches, have dedicated referees, have insurance in case any serious injuries should occur, and we also write a regular blog updating people on what we're doing. We've also interviews a few players from the Women's Super League, and arranged for WSL players to come along and offer coaching tips and advice. We're basically doing everything we can to make it memorable, and hope we can do this elsewhere too!

Do get in touch if you'd like to know more. It's great fun seeing the women's game taking off in the U.K, and I hope we can do more to make affordable and properly organised 5-a-side football available in London. Feel free to ask me any questions about the league too.   :)

-Ian

Leagues Ahead: Small sided football at small prices