Author Topic: RTC's  (Read 6306 times)

Offline croc

• View Profile
Re: RTC's
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2016, 11:34:16 AM »
Aha, found the Derby one in div4 of the local Sunday league, will be interesting to see how they go.   

Offline Welsh May

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2016, 03:30:39 PM »
There has been an REC (new EPCs) this weekend and all clubs invited to send players, which has pros and cons, but which seems to me to defeat purpose of tiering the players? Why not view all the players first from all tiers ....... then make decisions, but no, some long term tier 1 players won't get a look in, as the clubs sends favoured players? Players refused by tier 1s have gone to the RPC? I also heard through the grapevine that two goalies went who have let in more goals so far this season than their previous goalkeeper did all season? Doesn't make sense. I thought we'd got away from the Hope Powell selection process?.  The players will be told this weekend if they've got through to the next stage so it's already sewn up then? What incentive have any players now got that weren't selected?. So it may be rubbish not to be picked, but it's equally frustrating if you've played CoE and been selected for tier 1 and then don't get sent to a player camp ahead of tier 2 and 3 players you've played against and frankly aren't anywhere near as good. I'm all for opportunity, but this all doesn't make sense. A most frustrated parent .......

Offline Suoerbug

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2016, 11:57:19 PM »
I to have heard mixed reports about these trials that took place at the weekend. From what I hear it was stillin international age groups so there was an overlap of some of the stronger 14,s in the under 16s category whilst some of there current under 14s teammates were allowed to trial for the under 14s.

Think it was also going to be a few squads selected so it gives the girls chances to experience weekend camps. If this is the case then why (so I've heard) invite girls who are currently with England under 16s ? These girls will already have had experience of these camps so why not try to blood some of the other girls that they haven't seen a lot of. I agree it seems a little like a Hope Powell selection of always going with what you know. How were the September to December under 14s (year 9) girls be expected to compete against the under 16s (predominantly year 11) in a trial ?!!

Can't agree about the tier differences though. Being at a tier 1 is by no means a sign that someone is a fantastic player. Its a lot to do with geographical and parents willingness to travel. To assume that tier 1 is  superior is wrong. For example Aston Villa is a tier 2 and Birmingham a tier 1. Does that mean that every single Birmingham player is better than at Villa, I'm pretty sure not as as far as I know there is a couple of England girls at Villa.

Tier 1 tends to reflect the centre as opposed to all the players, to believe any different would be ideas of grandeur.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 02:23:59 PM by Suoerbug »

Offline landscape

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2016, 10:07:49 AM »
They play in the Watford friendly league

Offline Footballmum

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2016, 01:51:13 PM »
Thank you. Do you know how to find a list of their fixtures and who is on their U10's squad?

Offline Welsh May

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2016, 05:40:10 PM »
Souerbug, yes I agree, some of the AV players are great... but it may have been better to take my daughter to a tier 2 or 3 which may have given her a chance to go to an EPC because 2 and 3s were sending their best players along for the experience and she may have faired better. What does that say about opportunity? She has never had the chance and will not be in the first 4/5 chosen at her club so is always one place away. So yes I agree and yes it would have been good if some of the other players got a chance to experience and shine. Its unlikely my daughter will make an England squad whether in an rtc1, but the boost to confidence may just bring a new side out in her play which we see occasionally.... the feedback I heard was that there was a vast range of players quality-wise... I remain not understanding why 'other' strong players never get to go, even if only once? I am sure I will feel better about this in time but somewhat disillusioned right now ... so not everything is sunny at RTC1 if you are a player who supports others make it?!

Offline Suoerbug

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2016, 11:48:56 PM »
Great point and I agree with you. Its almost the case that if a girl is not in the top 4 of a team they will go unnoticed. Surely the system can deal with this. I think it would be unfair for you to have to drop your daughter down to not as good a team just to be appreciated. I did hear that at least 2 Villa and 3 Leicester that attended at the weekend are associated with England.  Why invite them if they already know what they can do ? Why not give an opportunity to someone like your daughter who may revel in new surroundings and with belief shown in her. 
Hopefully the people in power look beyond their usual golden stars at other girls. I do wonder if anyone from the FA ever takes into account that girls born between September and December are at a mass disadvantage to the others in international terms.
My daughter is a june birthday,  there is a girl in there team (nov or dec birthday I believe) who is head and shoulders above her and her teamates but never gets on a camp as she is compared to the school year above. The recent Rtc age changes mean now she stands out like a sore thumb in the 14s but to get on a camp will have to compete against under 16s.  I would like to see what percentage of Sept to Dec birthdays have been on actual international camps, my guess is below 10%.My daughter has more chance of making a camp thsn yhis girl and to be brutally honest that shouldn't be the case as they are poles apart.

As for tier differences the truth is I can't say Ive seen any yet which makes a mockery of devising the tiers in the first place. Hopefully your daughters technical director will appreciate her talents and put her forward as it could be the making of her,  if not then go to them and ask for feedback as to why she gets overlooked.

Offline croc

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2016, 09:57:35 AM »
How good a player is is subjective, if a player is in the top 3-4 at an RTC then in someone's opinion they are a good player.  That's the problem with football - there is no definitive test of who are the best and you see that even in the pro mens game you can get Albrighton (not good enough for Villa) and Vardy (not good enough for league football) winning in the champions league the other day. 

Perhaps they could weight selection slightly towards tier 1 and RTCs whose teams are winning games but overall I'd take the view it's nice to attend an EPC but in the scheme of things it's going to make no difference to how good a player they are at 21.   I watched a game recently with several who have attended EPCs some now out of the CoE system in a local team and to be honest you couldn't pick them out over players who probably didn't know what a CoE or RTC was.

Offline del107

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2016, 01:34:49 PM »
The object of these camps is to find the best girls in your region weather it be tier 1/2 or 3 every club has a so called gem but unfortunately the way the scouting system works they do slip under the radar, and this is the best way for the national coaches to see them, and the tiers have nothing to do with t1 are better than 2 etc tiering was all about club structure not the players.

Offline Welsh May

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2016, 07:42:51 PM »
Guess that's my point, as a seemingly 5th or 6th best player (and that's debatable) I know from school and county rep squad games, she is a better player than rtc 2 and 3 players, grass roots I know of, from the past 4 seasons sent to the EPC. So yes there are good players across all the teams because a) we can't all afford to travel miles, b) some girls wanted to stay with friends like in my daughters case, c) some parents didn't see the point in changing. But sadly for her, she has potential but she/we made the wrong choice if her dream is an England chance ..... Still doesn't make sense to have tier 1s travelling miles if the chances to be scouted, are absolutely no different? The structural argument doesn't hold up. What's the benefit of being in a tier 1? Why have 3 tiers if its not a pathway? Disillusioned...