Author Topic: Boston United Girls Regional Talent Club  (Read 3747 times)

Offline lincsdad

• View Profile
Boston United Girls Regional Talent Club
« on: June 10, 2016, 07:45:58 PM »
Looking forward to the first trial day tomorrows for the Boston United Girls Regional Talent Club.

It isn't too late to register for the second trial date. Here is a link for you.

http://pilgrimsuitc.co.uk/girls-regional-talent-club-trials/

Offline Suoerbug

• View Profile
Re: Boston United Girls Regional Talent Club
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 12:11:25 AM »
Hope you get some good numbers and quality show up as it could be a good catchment area potentially.

Offline lincsdad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 05:00:55 PM »
Got to say that the organisation at Boston was superb. Registration was well organised. Brief presentation and introduction of the technical director, coaches and staff to parents and players.
Then the girls took part in four activities on four different pitches, all with a different coaches.

Some good  girls turning up in addition to a lot of the Lincoln ones.  I've been told that when training starts that they will actually be training in the Boston United stadium on the pitch until the new stadium and training facilities are finished.

Very impressed so far.

Offline Suoerbug

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 02:54:04 PM »
Sounds a nice set up. What were the numbers like on Saturday ?

Offline lincsdad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 04:38:52 PM »
i would say there must have been 40+ for our trial. But this was for both under 10's and under 12's.

Looked like a lot of under 14's and 16's turning up for the afternoon session. Some very familiar and still wearing their old green Lincs FA kit. But a lot of new faces there too.

They said the numbers registered for their second trial date are bigger. We have since registered for this too as I want to maximise the chances of my daughter getting in. Not taking anything for granted. Bit worried also that once the word gets around, the numbers showing interest in Boston will increase. Sort of thinking that most will be looking at the household name clubs. As soon as they find out how professional Boston is run, I reckon numbers will come knocking on their door. Especially after what I have read about big numbers trialling for a small number of places elsewhere

Offline Suoerbug

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 05:44:25 PM »
I think some girls/ parents are blinded by the bigger clubs.  Unless you say you play for Arsenal/ Liverpool etc people seem to believe its only tin pot despite the fact that they are all effectively the same level.

Its a good move to have another trial at the end of the month. Maybe players might not fit somewhere else but fit nicely there. It is after all a game of opinions. All the tiers look to have attractive fixtures so in principle tier 3 shouldn't be a massive disadvantage unless the FA are purely interested in watching tier 1s.

Offline growler75

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2016, 06:06:08 PM »
My daughter was there trialing with the 14s on Saturday.  Got to say I was very impressed by the session that was put on and although it was physically tiring my daughter thoroughly enjoyed it.
She also trialled at Leicester so will be awaiting news from the two. Leicester had far more numbers but that has as much to do with the feel good factor of the men winning the league as it does the tier status.
Good things to be said about both to be honest.

Offline lincsdad

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2016, 09:17:42 AM »
My daughter has been offered a place with Boston.
Delighted especially since there was even more girls at the second trial and the standard looked very high.

From talking to other parents there on Saturday, it sounds as though word is getting around at just how well organised it is at Boston. That plus fear of not getting in elsewhere.

Very relieved

Offline Lincs GR Coach

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2016, 09:08:42 PM »
What age group is your daughter in Lincsdad?   My friends daughter has been invited back for another trial at Boston on Tuesday night.  I am new to the whole process but interested to see how the girls get on against the boys teams.

Offline lincsdad

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2016, 10:06:00 PM »
What age group is your daughter in Lincsdad?   My friends daughter has been invited back for another trial at Boston on Tuesday night.  I am new to the whole process but interested to see how the girls get on against the boys teams.

She is in the under twelves.

Haven't heard anything about trials on Tuesday night though. We got an email offering a place.
Got me worried now. Hope I'm not missing anything