Author Topic: Honoring The Memory Of Alan  (Read 1634 times)

Offline norge95

• #1 Nordby Fan
    • View Profile
Honoring The Memory Of Alan
« on: August 23, 2015, 06:59:52 PM »
I just learned the terribly sad news that we lost our most prolific contributor to the Women's Football Forum back on August 5th.  Even though I was never fortunate enough to have met Alan in person, we stayed in contact on a regular basis during the past seven years and I considered him to be a good friend.  Our last exchange of messages was on Facebook, just a little over a week before Alan passed away, and of course we were discussing Norwegian Women's Fotball. :)

Here is an excerpt from the Facebook message that Alan's sister, Nora, sent to some of his Facebook friends:

Alan's funeral was on Thursday, 20th August...  We tried to get in touch with as many of his friends as we could before then and are sorry if this is the first you have heard about it.  Should you wish to make a charitable donation in his memory, two charities that were close to Alan's heart are the British Lung Foundation and Children with Cancer.

Best wishes to you, Alan's Facebook friend.

Today, to help honor the memory of Alan, I am proudly flying the Norwegian flag and wearing my favorite Nordby #1 2005 Norwegian Women's National "Fotball" jersey that was signed by Bente Nordby the day before the Norwegian National Team flew from Norway to England for the 2005 European Championships.

Even though Alan is no longer with us physically, his memory will continue to live on in this forum with the 14,559 posts he contributed since he first became a member here on the 8th of February 2007.  Rest in peace my friend.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 09:17:11 PM by norge95 »
Bente Nordby - Verdens Beste Keeper

Vær snill og rett feilene mine
(Please correct my mistakes)

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
    • Sunderland AFC Ladies Facebook Fanpage
Re: Honoring The Memory Of Alan
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 10:56:26 AM »
That is sad news, sorry to hear it. I used to read a lot of his posts even though i didn't know a lot about Norwegian football, i always found them interesting.

Rest in Peace Alan.
"Sunderland have got a girl up front who is clinical - Beth Mead is one of the best strikers in the country, let alone our division - and it showed today." - Aston Villa Ladies Head Coach Joe Hunt

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 03:13:09 PM »
This is terribly sad. Alan was a great contributor to the forum and will be sadly missed.

RIP Alan

Offline sylvain

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 04:11:13 PM »
RIP Alan, I met him once at a game and it was always great to hear him speaking about Norwegian football.

Offline BillyBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 06:53:19 PM »
I'm sorry to hear of Alan passing away. I'm not active on this forum these days, but we had quite a collection of people at one time who used to discuss women's football in Norway, which was something unusual.Alan contributed a huge amount to that.

I shall look back on that time with fondness. RIP Alan.