Author Topic: Norway Cup 2015  (Read 3060 times)

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Norway Cup 2015
« on: June 17, 2015, 05:06:05 PM »
This year's Norway Cup will be the 43rd run of this popular annual international tournament.  A record 1639 teams have entered.

The tournament kicks off on 26 July with a total of 32,000 young footballers from 52 nations who will compete on 80 pitches for a week at Ekerberg Sletta just outside Oslo.  Some of the matches will be played at Abilsø, Rustad, Valle Hovin, Furuset and Bjølsen.  

Among the referees this year 22 nations will be represented.  There will be 400 referees to supervise 4200 matches.  As usual the volunteers do most of the work and this year the arrangers Bekkelaget SK will have 1200 volunteers, plus an extra 400 volunteers from the locality.

Home site: http://www.norwaycup.no/

Mari Stanisic Waagaard http://www.fotball.no/nff/NFF-nyheter/2015/Ny-pameldingsrekord-i-Norway-Cup/

« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 07:54:40 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Dana Cup and Norway Cup
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 02:36:36 PM »
Thee big international club tournaments will follow each other this year, the Gothia Cup in Gothenburg July 12-18, the Dana Cup in Hjørring July 20-25 and the Norway Cup in Oslo July 26-August 1.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 09:36:35 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
NTG/Fløya U18s at the Gothia Cup
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 05:12:14 PM »
The second match is over and, as we hoped, FJSG Bederkesa fom Germany were not good enough.  In today's match we controlled the play right from the start.  Two goals by Celine and not a single chance for the opponents was the result after the first half.  We kept up well in the second half but there was only one more goal, from Vilde, and the match ended 3-0.

It was good to see that we were still playing energetic and effective football at the end of the match . . few touches and controlled swerves so that Bederkesa had to run a lot while we relaxed with the ball in the team. 

So now we are ready for the knockout phase with one group match left to play.  The way forward will be easier if we win the group so we are obviously going for a win against Sollentuna in the 'group-final' tomorrow.

Yesterday's match was played at 09.50 in the morning and ended in a 5-1 win over Swedish team Västerås IK

https://www.facebook.com/floya.kvinner

Photos: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1108047419212259.1073741853.455731227777218&type=3
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
NTG/Fløya U18s at the Gothia Cup
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 09:58:06 PM »
Two goals by Synnøve Rønquist Hafnor gave us the group win when Sollentuna FK were beaten in today's match.  It was a fast start and we pressed the Swedes from the first kick, and after four minutes Henrietta was through for the second time and served the ball up to Hafnor for the first goal.

Sollentuna came back and gave us a better match, but we gave little away and they had no big chances.  What little got through was dealt with by Elin.

Seven minutes after half time Tiril sent a good corner in that Synnøve met with a nice volley and it was game-over.  Tomorrow's opponents are REV SC Black from the USA who finished second in their group with a win, a draw and a loss.

Match photos by Leif Eirik Schultz and Helene Helene Degerstrøm (updated today):
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1108047419212259.1073741853.455731227777218&type=3

From the photos it's clear that Fløya's squad includes Synnøve Hafnor, Vilde Bratland and Gabrielle Lemon Lie from the Norwegian U17 team.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 10:05:39 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
National team at the Norway Cup
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 08:53:43 AM »
The Norway Cup runs from July 26 to August 1 at Ekerbergsletta just outside Oslo.  The national team will be there to play a match at the Norway Cup this year on July 29.  All girls between 13 and 16 can enter a competition for a place in the team which will play against them.

The session will be held between 10.30 to 11.15 and after the match the national team players will take part in a Fair Play meeting in the NFF tent, with Per Ravn Omdal.  

Christer Madsen http://www.fotball.no/Landslag_og_toppfotball/Landslag/A-kvinner/2015/Vinn-kamp-mot-fotballjentene-pa-Norway-Cup/

Ada Hegerberg and the rest of the squad visited the Norway Cup two years ago with their silver medals on the way back from the European Cup:

« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 08:56:00 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Re: NTG/Fløya U18s at the Gothia Cup
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 06:11:02 PM »
Fløya finished top of their group at the Gothia Cup with full points from the three matches and a 10-1 goal difference.  In the 1/16 final yesterday they had a 2-0 win over REV SC Black from America.  In today's second knockout round, the 1/8 final, they met Umeå from northern Sweden, and lost 0-4, so their Gothia Cup is over for now.

http://omt.nordlys.no/2015/07/celine-nergard-og-vilde-bratland-sendte-floya-j18-videre-til-18-dels-finale#.VaeCFCCUKqw.facebook

Updated match photos: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1108047419212259.1073741853.455731227777218&type=3

Vilde Bratland and Celine Nergård scored against the US team:

« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 08:28:47 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Gothia Cup
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2015, 08:38:09 AM »
LSK Kvinner and Klepp have teams at the Gothia Cup and both have reached the semifinal of the Under-18 class.  LSK also has an Under-16 team there.

LSK's U18s won all their group matches with a 14-1 goal difference.  Yesterday they beat Älvsjö AIK FF 2 by 11-0 in the 1/16 final, and then FK Fjellhamar 2-0 in the 1/8 final and IFK Nyköping 6-5 on penalties in the quarter-final.  Today they meet Umeå IK FF who eliminated Fløya earlier in the week.

Klepp's U18s also finished top of their group with 7 points and a goal difference of 8-1.  In the 1/16 final on Thursday they had a 4-0 win over HooGee from Finland, followed by 3-2 over Swedish team IFK Örby, and then in the quarter-final 2-0 over Kungsbacka DFF, also from Sweden.  Klepp's semifinal today is against SKF Spain (sounds like a good team) at 13.00.  They beat SKF Portugal on penalties last night in the quarter-final.

Klepp:

« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 09:04:13 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
LSK win Gothia Cup
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2015, 10:11:16 PM »
LSK Kvinner and Klepp both made it to the Final of the senior (1997) girls today, and it was the narrowest of victories for LSK, 6-5 on penalties.  Earlier in the day LSK had a 2-1 semifinal win over Umeå IK FF.  

Klepp managed a win in the semifinals against SKF Spain, another penalty shootout which Klepp won 4-3.

http://results.gothiacup.se/2015,sv/team/5276653 http://results.gothiacup.se/2015,sv/team/5276471
Match photos: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.927343910666915.1073742306.158611120873535&type=3

« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 06:49:13 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Arna-Bjørnar at the Dana Cup
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2015, 09:48:18 AM »
Arna-Bjørnar's recruit team are setting off for Denmark and the Dana Cup this weekend and are looking forward to a lot of football and fun.  We are in the U17 girls' class and in our group we will meet Lillesand, Västerås BK30 and Lake Norman SC Eclipse.

Most of the team can play in this competition but because of the Toppserien and the Under-19 European Cup there are several players who can't take part.  Because of that we have with us five players from clubs in both Hordaland and the neighbouring region of Sogn og Fjordane.

Arna-Bjørnar's Dana Cup squad:

1 Linn-Mari Nilsen b.99
Keeper, from Førde
2 Sanna Håland b.00
Defence/midfield, from Valestrand/Hjellvik
4 Victoria Tangen b.97
Defence, Captain
6 Sofie Arnesen b.98
midfield/forward
7 Charlotte Nilsen b.97
Defence
8 Andrine Mo b.00
midfield/forward
9 Synnøve Arefjord b.98
forward
10 Amalie Jordan b.98
midfield
11 Helene Vassnes b.97
forward
14 Christina Haugland b.99
midfield, from Austevoll
15 Elise Isolde Stenevik b.99
midfield/forward, from Florø
16 Thea Bjelde b.00
midfield, from Sogndal
17 Rikke Bogetveit Nygard b.00
midfield
18 Miriam Mjåseth b.00
forward, from Askvoll-og Holmedal Idrettslag
19 Helena Mo b.98
Defence
20 Emma Birkeland b.99
Defence

Picture from last year's Dana Cup:

« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 09:50:47 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Kolbotn at the Dana Cup
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2015, 10:29:56 PM »
Kolbotn's U19 girls won their first two matches today in group 5 by 1-0, against REV SC from the USA and Byåsen IL from Trondheim.  Tomorrow they will meet Horsens FC from Denmark and then another Norwegian club, Gneist IL.

Other Norwegian clubs in Denmark this week are Lyngdal IL from the far south, Øvrevoll Hosle IL from just outside Oslo, Skedsmo FK, Djerv 1919 SK, KIL-Hemne FB, Eidsvoll TF, Nordre Land FB and Gimse IL.

In the U17 girls Arna-Bjørnar are in Denmark at the tournament and today they beat another Norwegian team, Lillesand from the south-east coast, also 1-0. 

http://tournament.danacup.dk/search.aspx
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 10:34:59 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Dana Cup today
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2015, 09:57:26 PM »
Arna-Bjørnar IL U17s: 1-0 over Lake Norman SC Eclipse, 2-0 over Västerås BK30.

Kolbotn IL U19s: 10-0 over Horsens FC, 7-0 over Gneist IL.
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Dana Cup 2015
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2015, 10:34:15 PM »
Today Kolbotn's U19 team beat Fana FB, another club from Norway, 4-2 in the 1/8 A-finals, then this evening Skedsmo FK, 4-2 again in the 1/4 finals.  Tomorrow they will play Gimse IL in the semifinals.

Arna-Bjørnar's U17s had a 5-0 win over Eik Tønsberg in the 1/8 A-final followed by 2-0 over Darlington Fusion SC from Canada this evening in the 1/4 finals.  Their semifinal tomorrow is against Nardo FK from Trondheim, a team that did well in the Norway Cup last year as U16s.
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Kolbotn and Arna-Bjørnar win their classes at the Dana Cup
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2015, 10:10:08 PM »
Kolbotn won the top girls' class, the U19s, at the Dana Cup today.  They beat two Norwegian teams: Gimse IL 2-1 in the semifinal, and then this evening in the final Lyngdal IL 1-0.

Arna-Bjørnar's U17 girls also won their class.  They also met Norwegian teams in the two final matches: a 4-1 win over Nardo in the semifinal and 2-0 over Viking FK in the final.  
Match video: https://youtu.be/WMPi6hHnafM

Lyngdal's silver medal team.  Their trainers Ronny Fredriksen and Anders Birkeland are Ingvild Stensland's brothers in law and some of her nieces played in the team at one time, I don't know if they still do:

« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 11:31:59 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Haugar U-14 win Dana Cup
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2015, 09:07:32 AM »
 There was another Norwegian win in the Dana Cup on Saturday when Haugar's Under-14 team won their class by 3-1 against Ottestad, also from Norway.

In the Final Haugar took the lead with a goal by Tiril Herland, and Anna Østrem made it 2-0.  In the second half Ottestad scored a reducer, and then Østrem took the final score to 3-1.  Haugar made a lot of substitutions and everyone in the squad had time on the field.

Trainer Solveig Rossebø Kalstad was full of praise for the team.  "They are are a really good and positive group.  They train a lot and are good at encouraging each other.  The level is even but we have one or two players that make us achieve a little bit extra", she said.

One of the players who has stood out is Anna Østrem.  She has scored steadily during the Dana Cup week and scored two more in Saturday's Final.  "Before the match I was very nervous.  I don't think I realised how lucky I was, but I thought about doing what I do best: football", she said.  "After a stressful start we got the ball down and began to play normally.  At times our play and passing were good, and when Tiril scored it calmed us down more".

She described the 2-0 goal: "I received the ball and took it with me to the left, as I often do, and then I shot as quickly as I could.  I don't often get such a good fast shot on the ball, and when I saw it hit the crossbar and come down into goal all the feelings streamed in", said Østrem.  "Everyone jumped and shouted.  That's the best thing of all about scoring: you make everyone happy", smiled Anna Østrem.

For the 3-1 goal she said: "a high ball came over and I remembered what my dad told me a long time ago that you have to believe the opponent will make a mistake.  It happened this time and the ball came to me.  I went past their last defender and slid after the ball to get to it.  I did, and it rolled into goal", said the 14-year-old striker.  

Emilie Lein was with the team last year when they won the U13 class in the Adidas Cup.  "The Dana Cup is a bigger tournament with more teams, so it's huge that we won both cups", smiled Lein, who now goes to the Norway Cup with Haugar's U13s.  "It's going to be tough with two tournaments in a row but as long as we sleep enough and have plenty of food and drink it will go well.  We're looking forward to it", said Lein.  

Joakim Ellingsen http://www.h-avis.no/sport/fotball/haugar/haugar-j14-til-topps-i-dana-cup/s/5-62-85438
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 05:18:48 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Keeper school at the Norway Cup
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2015, 08:13:53 AM »
Norway's international keepers held a keeper school yesterday.  Eleven of Norway's international keepers from U15 upwards were the instructors at a keeper school at the Norway Cup.  69 boys and girls took part. 

"It's the highlight of the year.  There's nowhere else that so many keepers are gathered together as they are here.  Now we have the chance to show them our good international keepers and they have a chance to learn some of the skills that we have around the country", said the NFF's chief of keeper training, Frode Grodås.

Article and interview with Frode Grodås, Cecilie Fiskerstrand and some of the young hopeful goalkeepers:
http://www.fotball.no/Landslag_og_toppfotball/spillerutvikling/2015/Bamas-keeperskole-pa-Norway-Cup/
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 08:21:17 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Three goals in six minutes
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2015, 04:33:41 PM »
14-year-old Elisabeth Terland plays football for Bryne and handball for Nerbø.  On Thursday Bryne's #7 stood out with three goals in six minutes in the Under-16 class at the Norway Cup in the 6-0 win over Vindagjord.  "I have already made up my mind what I want to do - football", she told TV2.

Terland scored another goal at the end of the match and ran rings round girls two years older than her.  Normally she plays in a team at Bryne near Stavanger, with boys of her own age.  "It's real fun to play with them.  It makes me a better player", she said.

"Many players are noticed at the Norway Cup.  Do you think many people will be watching now and might be impressed?" - "Well, there will be people at home watching anyway, but I hope some others that I don't know might be watching as well", said Terland.  

"Terland was at Statoil's talent camp.  She is a very good player and is normally in our U14 boys' team", said the team's trainer Stig Rune Elvedahl.  "It doesn't really surprise me that she is playing so well here".

After the match she was presented with the match ball by Mini Jacobsen for her four goals, and he asked her how long it would be before we see her in a national team.  "I hope as soon as possible", said Terland.  She is also hoping to be on TV on Saturday.  "It's our goal to reach the Final.  We really hope to make it", she said.      

Article and video clip: http://www.tv2.no/2015/07/30/sport/norway-cup/7206094

Egil 'Drillo' Olsen was at the Norway Cup today and spent time in the TV2 commentary box as the expert commentator in the Under-19 girls' match between Strindheim and Molde.

Detailed results: http://www.profixio.com/matches/norway-cup-2015

Later on Thursday Bryne-1 lost to Lyn by 2-1 in the 1/8-final in the J16 class (Lyn won the class last year).  
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 03:42:13 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Wins for Kolbotn
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2015, 02:52:33 PM »
Kolbotn's teams won their finals today in the U-13 7-a-side competition and the U-16 competition.  The 7'ers played on TV with a masterful 5-1 win over Strømmen in class P, watched by Andrine Tomter, Camilla Ose and Solveig Gulbrandsen with son Theodor beside her.  Hege Jørgensen's daughter #39 played for the U-13s and scored some good goals in her hat-trick, especially the last one after she slalomed through the defence.

Just now Kolbotn's U19 7'ers have won 3-2 in their final in class W over Lunner/Harestua.  Kolbotn's U16 7'ers are playing Kirkenes in the final of class U.  
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 04:54:46 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline law10

• View Profile
Re: Norway Cup 2015
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2015, 04:09:25 PM »
Heia Kolbotn