Author Topic: Advanced Coaching Centre Launch Suffolk  (Read 2125 times)

Offline Kelly

• View Profile
Advanced Coaching Centre Launch Suffolk
« on: May 01, 2015, 10:07:19 AM »
Suffolk FA had announced the launch of its ACC. www.suffolkfa.com/news/2015/apr/girls-advanced-coaching-centre-launch.

The Suffolk FA Girls Advanced Coaching Centre challenges the skills and development of players against other ACC’s within the East Region – Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire and Norfolk. This ensures high-quality competitive opportunities on a regular basis to challenge each player.

Read more at http://www.suffolkfa.com/news/2015/apr/girls-advanced-coaching-centre-launch#KRItaTJX9PHp5EBk.99

My question is what happens to the 16 year olds in year 12?

Also how does this integrate with the Centre of Excellences structure? Can girls from the a Centre of Excellence attend the FA GIRLS’  REGIONAL EXCELLENCE CAMPS which are linked the the ACC?

Offline andydinger

• View Profile
Re: Advanced Coaching Centre Launch Suffolk
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 03:24:15 PM »
Most WSL clubs now have 6th Form Academies, nominally called "U19s" but predominantly made up of 16 & 17 year-olds. This now seems to be the main path to Elite football.

Also how does this integrate with the Centre of Excellences structure? Can girls from the a Centre of Excellence attend the FA GIRLS’  REGIONAL EXCELLENCE CAMPS which are linked the the ACC?
Like the South West this is a forerunner to the replacement of most(?) Centres of Excellence that will happen in 2016: http://www.womensfootball.eu/forum/index.php/topic,8125.0.html
I believe the girls from the South West have been eligible for the England camps, although whether any of them were selected this year I don't know.

Offline wsldreamteam

• View Profile
    • twitter
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 01:13:16 PM »
Most WSL clubs now have 6th Form Academies, nominally called "U19s" but predominantly made up of 16 & 17 year-olds. This now seems to be the main path to Elite football.

Like the South West this is a forerunner to the replacement of most(?) Centres of Excellence that will happen in 2016: http://www.womensfootball.eu/forum/index.php/topic,8125.0.html
I believe the girls from the South West have been eligible for the England camps, although whether any of them were selected this year I don't know.

I have the teamsheet from the recent U16 game I attended between France and England and I think one of the player comes from the South West ( not a French one obviously )  ;)

Offline emmajh

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 08:10:38 PM »
Jessica Jones is from South west