Author Topic: Norwegian players overseas 2015  (Read 7452 times)

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Caro "will be ready for World Cup" - Kellermann
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2015, 10:58:11 PM »
Wolfsburg-Herforder 10-0: Wolfsburg's women are in a position to win absolutely everything.  They are a point ahead of Bayern Munich in the league, they will meet PSG in the Champions League quarter-final, and only Arminia Bielefeld stand in their way to the Cup Final.

Right there among their star team is 20-year-old Caroline Graham Hansen from Oslo, Norway.  Today she scored twice and served two more goals up on a plate as Herforder SV were given a thrashing, and she did it in the first half.  After that she was substituted, to the undoubted relief of Herforder's left-back.

Her problematic knee is still not quite right and there are important matches coming up.  "Yes, there are decisive matches coming up now", she told Dagbladet.  "We are in a position where we could win absolutely everything, but we also risk winning absolutely nothing".

"How will that be?" - "We just have to work hard.  We don't think about it much, just now.  But if I had to choose one, the Champions League is the most valuable".

"But, for all that, we want to win all three.  We just have to give everything and remember that we have nothing to lose.  You can't lose anything when you haven't yet won", said Graham Hansen.  She was rested for the second half today.  There was no longer any need for her speed and dribbling skills on the right wing.

Trainer Ralf Kellermann is a tactician, and he knows very well that he will have plenty of use for Caroline's skills in the weeks to come.  "She is definitely recovering and could have played the whole match, but we rested her.  We are determined not to push her too hard but to give the jumper's knee treatment the best possible chance", he told Dagbladet.

"Could the tough season here with three tournaments and two matches per week exacerbate her injury and stop her going to the World Cup?" - "I'm a hundred per cent sure that Caroline will be ready for the World Cup.  The jumper's knee is not ideal but we will do all we can to get her ready by the last four weeks of the season here.  She will go to Norway in good form.  The Norwegian support team will continue the work we are doing to keep her injury in check, so that she will be a hundred per cent ready for the World Cup", said Kellermann.

Hansen herself says she is confident.  "I have belief in it myself.  The future is looking good after I began with a new type of treatment here.  Before Christmas I had to leave out certain manoeuvres because they were too painful.  Now they are not really hampering me.  The pains have reduced noticeably.  I feel them now and then but it's quite different from earlier in the winter", she said to Dagbladet.  

"Now I am doing training and playing matches without being plagued by pains during or afterwards.  It's just necessary to be careful to continue with the treatment that suits me, and then I think it will go well", said Caroline Graham Hansen.

Tonight Bayern Munich, where Nora Holstad Berge plays, are four points behind with a game in hand.

Tormod Brenna in Germany http://www.dagbladet.no/2015/04/15/sport/fotball/kvinnefotball/caroline_graham_hansen/38706598/  

Wolfsburg-Herforder 10-0: http://www.womensfootball.eu/forum/index.php/topic,7906.msg82421.html#msg82421    
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 01:50:55 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Big day today
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2015, 02:39:08 PM »
Saturday is a big day for Norway's two leading exports - Caroline Graham Hansen and Ada Stolsmo Hegerberg.

First out is Hansen whose team VfL Wolfsburg kicks off for the Champions League semifinal at home in the AOK stadium to Paris St Germain at 18.00.
https://de.eurosport.yahoo.com/l/fussball/champions-league/auslosung-live-stream/

Hegerberg's Olympique Lyonnais line up in Calais for the Cup Final against Montpellier, with a 21.00 kickoff.  It will be a special day for her as it's also her dad's 60th birthday, the dad who trained Ada and sister Andrine right through their childhood.  Both are professional footballers, Ada in France and Andrine in Sweden. https://twitter.com/AdaStolsmo

Sunday: Lyon won the Cup last night but Wolfsburg lost their home CL leg 0-2 to PSG in a match that deteriorated in the second half until PSG's Hamraoui was sent off.

Shirley Cruz with Caroline Graham Hansen:

« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 06:36:50 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Lisa Marie Woods in Kazakhstan
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2015, 10:28:43 PM »
Woods has signed for BIIK Kazygurt in Chimkent, Kazakhstan.  Despite having a long border with China, Kazakhstan is a UEFA country.

Some recent results: http://www.uefa.com/teamsandplayers/teams/club=2604560/domestic/index.html
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 10:37:00 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline law10

• View Profile
Re: Norwegian players overseas 2015
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2015, 10:33:32 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BIIK_Kazygurt

Four times in the last 16 in the UEFA Women's Cup and look to be alive for 2016.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Essen-Wolfsburg 0-4
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2015, 06:19:09 PM »
Wolfsburg were 0-1 at half time, the goal by Vanessa Bernauer.  Caroline Graham Hansen started the match.  Not long into the second half she got away from her markers at the right-hand edge of the box and took the ball towards the 6-yard box before passing back to Alex Popp for a tap-in 0-2 goal.  Wolfsburg scored another two.

Hansen was substituted after 75 minutes, having also played the full 90 last Saturday, so the knees must getting stronger.

Highlights: http://tv.dfb.de/video/highlights-sgs-essen-vs-vfl-wolfsburg/10893/
Full match: http://tv.dfb.de/video/sgs-essen-vs-vfl-wolfsburg/10892/

All the goals from matchday 21, including Essen-Wolfsburg.  Different camera angle and you can see why Caro is popular at her new club: http://tv.dfb.de/video/torshow-vom-21-spieltag/10909/

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 02:11:13 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Line Smørsgård scores for Liverpool
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2015, 02:10:50 PM »
Liverpool beat Manchester City 2-1 at the weekend with a goal by Smørsgård:

« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 02:12:39 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
German Cup Final on Friday
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2015, 09:08:27 AM »
The Cup Final in Germany kicks off at 17.15 on Friday in Cologne, when Wolfsburg meet old rivals Turbine Potsdam in the Rhein Energy Stadium.  

Wolfsburg-Freiburg semifinal highlights with Caroline Graham Hansen setting up goals and scoring one: http://tv.dfb.de/video/highlights-sc-freiburg-vs-vfl-wolfsburg/10759/

Please post any information you have about online coverage . .
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 09:12:22 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
"Big disappointment" - Caroline Hansen
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2015, 06:42:29 PM »
Paris St Germain eliminated Wolfsburg with a 3-2 aggregate in the semifinal of the Champions League, and Caroline Graham Hansen must abandon her dream of The Triple this season.  "Obviously I'm disappointed.  We were clearly the best for 90 minutes and drove over them.  It's a bitter feeling that we did not manage the last goal", she told VG after Wolfsburg's 1-2 win in Paris.

The 20-year-old played 90 minutes on the right wing as Wolfsburg failed to overcome PSG's 0-2 win in Wolfsburg the week before.  Despite their superiority in the second leg Wolfsburg had a tough time after going behind by yet another goal when Aurélie Kaci scored for the French team only five minutes in.  Martina Müller found the 1-1 equaliser in the 70th minute.  Three minutes later Müller served the ball up to Zsanett Jakabfi who had been on the field only a couple of minutes.  The substitute took Wolfsburg into a one-goal lead.

Wolfsburg needed only one more goal to take the aggregate to 3-3 and win the tie on the away-goal rule, and PSG had more than enough to do to defend for the last 15 minutes.  But despite a wholehearted effort by the German visitors the ball would not go in the net for them.  "I'm really proud of the team for the fantastic will we showed.  We turned the match round and were so close.  It's bitter but we must take the positives", said the young Norwegian.

Wolfsburg lead the German league and can win it by beating Frankfurt away on May 10.  On May 1 they meet Turbine Potsdam in the Cup Final.  "We must get over this match and look ahead.  It will be a massive match against Turbine Potsdam on Friday, and everything is in our own hands", she said.

She aims to win the next two.  "The dream was to win all three tournaments.  Now the goal is to win the last two matches.  It's all or nothing", said Caroline Graham Hansen.    

Steinar André Danielsen http://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/kvinnefotball/graham-hansen-er-kjempeskuffet/a/23441702/

PSG's defender Annika Krahn and Caroline Graham Hansen:

Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Wolfsburg Champions
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2015, 07:15:59 PM »
Wolfsburg won the Cup in Germany today, beating Turbine Potsdam 3-0 with two goals by Martina Müller and one by Alex Popp.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 07:18:01 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline wsldreamteam

• View Profile
    • twitter
Re: Norwegian players overseas 2015
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2015, 01:18:05 PM »
Ada Hegerberg received the supporters player of year award  from the official OL supporters club OL 'Angelles

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Holstad Berge - champion in Germany
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2015, 08:49:37 AM »
Former Kolbotn players Nora Holstad Berge and Tinja-Riikka Korpela became champions of Germany when Bayern Munich took the Frauen-Bundesliga title on Sunday afternoon.  Meanwhile Caroline Graham Hansen played in Wolfsburg's away draw against Frankfurt to take second place.

Photos from Munich town centre when the men's and women's team celebrated: https://www.facebook.com/fotballandslaget/photos/pcb.1015205951830898/1015205495164277/?type=1&theater

« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 08:38:01 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Hilde Gunn to Sunderland
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2015, 06:43:45 PM »
Hilde Gunn Olsen left Arna-Bjørnar at the end of the spring season and has now been signed to play for Sunderland.

Olsen came to Arna-Bjørnar from Linköping in the winter, but the relationship broke down and she was dropped as first keeper in favour of 17-year-old Benedicte Håland for the last two matches before the summer break.  "I have felt pressurised and badgered to finish my contract, which has been painful.  I feel very negative towards Arna-Bjørnar just now.  I think the club has been very unprofessional in the way it has treated me", the 23-year-old told Bergens Avisa.  "If any keeper were to ask me now I would say that going to Bergen and Arna-Bjørnar is a bad idea".

Sunderland's trainer spoke to the Sunderland Echo.  "Hilde is a fantastic signing for us.  It's such a pleasure to welcome her", said Carlton Fairweather.

Joar Hystad http://www.tv2.no/a/7134204

The Sunderland Echo article: http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/local-football/norwegian-star-hilde-gunn-olsen-in-for-keeps-with-lady-black-cats-1-7347152

« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 06:48:52 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Jensen starting at Wolfsburg
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2015, 08:38:05 AM »
Synne Jensen could have her first test as a Wolfsburg player when LSK Kvinner visit Germany for a friendly match on Tuesday.

The 19-year-old former LSK and Kolbotn player has started training with her new club and is wearing shirt number 7.  The match will be played in Barsinhausen.  Wolfsburg starts the 2015-6 Frauenbundesliga season with a match against Jena on August 29.

Also at Wolfsburg, Caroline Graham Hansen is in training after her injury and is working hard to be ready for the autumn's many matches.    

Jan Reidar Vågsdalen https://www.facebook.com/kvinnefotballmagasinet

« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 08:40:12 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Two more visiting Wolfsburg
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2015, 10:54:50 PM »
Two Lyn players are on their second visit to train with Wolfsburg.  While most people are enjoying the summer and trying for a good tan, Frida Maanum and Heidi Ellingsen are leaving for Germany tomorrow.  Both of them also play in Norway's Under-17s.  

Their last visit in April was very positive and now both Lyn girls have had a second invitation.  The programme in Wolfsburg will be physically challenging.  Heidi and Frida will undergo a battery of tests on their speed and coordination.  They will also have a football session and will play in Wolfsburg's training match against LSK Kvinner.

We wish Heidi and Frida good luck at the training sessions.  The girls will join Lyn at the end of the week in Göteborg, Sweden, where the team will be playing in the Gothia Cup.    

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lyn-Fotball-Damer/359308350771886?fref=nf

Photo with Ralf Kellermann on the last trip:

« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 10:59:42 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Grand Bodø player joining Umeå
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2015, 09:04:38 AM »
16-year-old Helene Schjelderup is leaving Grand Bodø to join Umeå in northern Sweden.

"I want to spend more time on football.  At Umeå it will be easier because I will have the same trainer at school and at the club", she told Grand Bodø's home page.  Schjelderup was taken up into Grand's A-squad in the spring.  "I will be in the Umeå team at the Gothia Cup in Gøteborg next week.  We will play in the 'Elite 17-year' class in Gøteborg and it will be a fine way to get to know the new teammates", she said.

Moving to a new club and a new country is easier because she has been to Umeå several times.  "I was there last summer at a football school and since then I have been visited a couple of times", said Schjelderup.  "I will be playing in the 'B' team, which is an U19 team which plays in two leagues.  They play in division-1 and also in a national U19 league which is a junior version of the Damallsvenskan", said Ingrid Schjelderup".

Thomas Karlsen http://fotballmagasinet.no/?mode=news&id=28997
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Woods in Kazakhstan
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2015, 09:06:35 AM »
Lisa-Marie Woods (31) has lived in Chimkent, Kazakhstan since April, playing for BIIK Kazygurt.  

Woods started top football in the last century as a Vålerenga player.  Norway's big adventurer with a Scottish father and Norwegian mother has travelled around most of the world, and expectes to be in Kazakhstan until November.  "I am in contact with Adelaide, who have a season from November until March", she told Fotballmagasinet in March when she went to Kazygurt.  "I will be one of five foreigners in the squad who have been brought in to strengthen the team in a season when they hope to do well in Europe".

"Football in Kazakhstan is developing and has a professional attitude which help it to improve.  You live as a professional 24 hours a day, which was why I chose them", said Woods.  She knows the trainer Kaloyan Petkov from 2009 when she played in the USA.  A few years later he took over BIIK and the national team.  "I know the trainer and his methods.  It produces challenges but I know it will guarantee development.  Being well trained is the minimum requirement", said Lisa-Marie Woods.

Thomas Karlsen http://fotballmagasinet.no/?mode=news&id=28994  

« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 10:20:16 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Reflections after 6 months at Liverpool
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2015, 05:57:47 PM »
My teacher at Framnes, Arne Sørheim, always said: "you must set your sight a little higher".  If you aim above you level you will stretch yourself and develop.  I have learned a whole lot about this since I paked my bags and moved away from nearest and dearest in Bergen to an unknown environment: Liverpool.  First I should say that my blog project has been silent for a while, but with the first half-year in a little perspective I have thoughts and reflections to share. 

The blog has been pushed out by work on my master's thesis, and now it's finished I feel relieved and happy in the extreme but the road has been really difficult at times.  I would recommend people to think twice before committing to two taxing projects at the same time.  Another excuse is that things have not gone as well as I would have liked on the football field and it's always more pleasant to write about the positive things that happen in life.

I have not reached the level of my ambitions on the football field.  I wanted to go straight into the team and contribute, but also to develop as a player.  The way has been more rocky than I expected.  I understand that it can take time to find your feet in a new club where they do things differently, and at times my thoughts have drifted towards other examples of player who are good, but do not flourish in their new clubs, and whether I am in the same situation. 

While the World Cup has been going I have really trained well with the rest of the girls and we have developed as individuals and as a team.  In the first match against Arsenal in the second half of the season we took a strong away win in an even and exciting match.  In the first half we were the better team, but Arsenal had momentum and chances to score in the second half.  The team showed strength and character to keep Arsenal out and we finished with a 3-1 win.  Despite a variable spring season the league is very even, and as we have a game in hand we have a chance of going to the top of the table with wins in the next matches.  I have been out with a hamstring injury for a while but hope to be back in not very long.

The English World Cup players got to work the day after they came home from Canada.  With the FA they decided to get the season going sooner than planned, to keep the momentum from the championship.  Being in a big championship is an enormous experience that never really hits you until you are home again.  It's a feeeling that is hard to define but it's extra fun that this move has resulted in increased public and media interest in the first round.  At the Arsenal match we had 2061 spectators that made a super atmosphere.  We are aiming to ride the wave in the first home match coming up, on Saturday against Notts County.

Despite things not having gone too well on the football field in the spring, I have concluded that I am in the right place and the right club with all the facilities to develop me into a better player and competing for a place in the starting eleven.  I have looked at everything and conclude that I have the the chance of a lifetime to devlop.  The future will show whether Ingrid and Livrpool Ladies has been a good match or not, but I'm determined to give it my best and hope that the autumn will be a fine one, both for me and all the others!

Ryl https://ingridryland.wordpress.com/2015/07/14/refleksjoner-et-halvt-ar-etter/ 

https://ingridryland.wordpress.com/2015/07/14/refleksjoner-et-halvt-ar-etter/

Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Woods a champion again, this time in Kazakhstan
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2015, 10:17:20 PM »
With two months left of the Kazakh league, BIIK Kazygurt are the champions.  "It's great.  I have enjoyed the pressure on us", said Lisa-Marie Woods, originally from Norway, to Fotballmagasinet.no on Tuesday evening.

"It was made very clear to me that we were expected to win the league.  It's also one of the reasons I decided to come here", said Woods.  She left Australia and Adelaide United in April to play in Kazakhstan during the Australian holiday period.  "It has been good to play at both ends of the scale in a short time, and after a lot of work we have fulfilled the expectations that were put on us as the favourites.  We have been challenged along the way but we came through it.  We have won the championship but we have to finish in style so the job isn't over just yet.  We can work on improving our tactics", she said.

There are four more league matches before the end of the season on September 29.  The league has interruptions for international matches, among them a visit by the Norwegian national team to Kazakhstan to play a Euro qualification match on September 22, so Woods as a former Norwegian national player might have a chance to meet old teammates.  

For BIIK Kazygurt and Woods the focus is now on the Champions League.  "The draw is on August 20 and the first match will be the first weekend in October", she said.  One possibility for Woods is that she might find herself facing former teammates in LSK Kvinner in the Champions League.

Lisa-Marie Woods has had competitive success every year since 2001 in a career which has encompassed many countries:

2001- Cup-silver (Asker), silver Norway Cup (Asker J19)
2002- League silver (Asker), silver Norway Cup (Asker J19)
2003- League bronze (Asker)
2004- Cup silver (Asker), Conference winner 2004 (Oakland University, USA)
2005- Cup gold (Asker), Conference winner 2005 (Middle Tennessee State University, USA)
2006- Cup silver (Asker)
2007- Cup silver (Asker), League bronze (Asker)
2008- League bronze (Asker), W-league central conference winner (Ottawa Fury, Canada)
2009- W-league Midwest conference winner USA (FC Indiana, USA)
2010- League gold (Stabæk)
2011- League and Cup silver (Fortuna Hjørring, Denmark)
2012- League silver (Fortuna Hjørring, Denmark), W-league winner (Ottawa Fury, Canada)
2013- League silver (LSK Kvinner)
2014- W-league central conference winner (Ottawa Fury, Canada)
2015- League gold (BIIK Kazygurt, Kazakhstan)

Thomas Karlsen http://www.fotballmagasinet.no/?mode=news&id=29038

Woods (2nd rt.) at Ottawa Fury last year:

« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 10:47:39 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.