Author Topic: Norway Under-19 2015  (Read 15886 times)

Offline sylvain

• View Profile
Re: Norway Under-19 2015
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2015, 11:23:54 AM »
If and it is a big if England have put reserves on the teamsheet, there will be a big problem because the referee should have given a retake, not a free kick to Norway.
Technical error from the referee can be rectified like game to be replayed...

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2015, 01:20:34 PM »
If and it is a big if England have put reserves on the teamsheet, there will be a big problem because the referee should have given a retake, not a free kick to Norway.
Technical error from the referee can be rectified like game to be replayed...
OK Sylvain, I changed my translation of what JR wrote because we don't know the referee's reason for giving an IFK. 
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline law10

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2015, 04:04:59 PM »
Encroachment, and yes if the ball went directly into goal it's a retake.

http://www.thefa.com/news/england/womens/u19s/2015/apr/european-championship-elite-qualifying-round-belfast-norway-report

This is UEFA and not FIFA but there is a similar precedent for a replay:

http://www.fifa.com/world-match-centre/news/newsid/999/47/index.html

Interestingly the Uzbeks were ahead 1-0 and denied the opportunity to go up 2-0 so protested and match was replayed.  They tied the replay 1-1 and were eliminated.

From a similar situation here many years ago, I seem to remember something about appealing the decision immediately being a requirement.  Not sure if that's the case at the highest level or not.

If this was head to head "scheduled" competition (i.e. mutually agreed upon dates) a replay would be simple enough.  But this is tournament football.  Adding a full extra match to the very tight calendar for a couple teams effectively unbalances the tournament.

An interesting conundrum.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 04:43:35 PM by law10 »

Offline sexxes

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2015, 06:01:40 PM »
I didn't understand that situation either, and I also noticed that they changed the text on NFFs page. First the coach was quoted with "That's the rule." I haven't found anything about a protest from England. On UEFAs page it says that Williamson missed the penalty (I heard it was put there as a goal first), but they also have one goal as a own goal one place and as a goal by Lie another place.

Since I haven't seen the situation I could only speculate:

1. The referee made a big mistake (but why haven't we heard about a protest?).
2. New rule used in this tournament (happens sometimes, but again why haven't we heard about it?).
3. Something else. Could there have been a whole in the net?

Offline law10

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2015, 06:22:37 PM »
I think FIFA tested with a rule change where encroachment nullified a retake on a successful penalty many years ago but they dropped it.

I originally thought it may have come back to the shooter off the post like in the LSK/Stabæk game, but the FA clearly say's it was encroachment.

What if you are Norway and would have at least tied the match, the tournament is interrupted and you have to play England again before the Swiss.  Now you play the Swiss and are more fatigued and lose.  If we have the right read on things, not sure there is a win/win scenario for anyone here.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 06:26:38 PM by law10 »

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2015, 09:43:44 PM »
UEFA just says Williamson missed from the penalty spot, but there are people who saw the ball in the net, including UEFA at first, so it seems that UEFA is hoping that it will all blow over :).  

http://www.thefa.com/news/england/womens/u19s/2015/apr/european-championship-elite-qualifying-round-belfast-norway-report says that the penalty was disallowed for encroachment, we don't know if that is the official ruling though.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 09:46:50 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2015, 10:00:41 PM »
Tuva Hansen plays a trick on Maria Hiim to pass the time on the long drag down to La Manga: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=785533038189980&set=vb.674438449299440&type=2&theater

A charming picture of Tuva Hansen with Sondre Norheim, now a Bryne and Norway U18 player (and maybe with a sister who plays for Klepp?):

. . . here is Hansen (r) with Cecilie Dekkerhus in a more modern setting (Belfast):

« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 08:53:37 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline law10

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2015, 11:55:12 PM »
That picture is amazing, thank you for adding it.  That's an old favourite bonding ritual for season kickoffs for teenage teams... have each of them bring their earliest football photos to share.  When you're that young your photos are cute, but more importantly your emotions are so pure that people understand the real you quickly.

Offline sylvain

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2015, 04:14:54 AM »
I don't think there was a protest as that kind of rule does not exist in English competitions. They don't allow protest for technical errors like this.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Under-19s with full points after two matches
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2015, 04:21:13 PM »
Norway 2 Switzerland 0: Norway played the second match in the elite round of qualification for the Euros on Monday.  Two goals by Vilde Hasund brought a 2-0 win and three new points.  Trainer Nils Lexerød is well pleased that the team he selected has six points after the first two matches and leads the group, with the last match coming up on Thursday against Northern Ireland.

"It's always good to win and we will take this result and enjoy it today before we focus on the next match", said Lexerød.  "We have a very good position before the third match, but in today's match the result was better than the performance.  We played well at times but we were also sometimes below the level we need to be at.  The defence was good all through the match: Switzerland created little, we had good control in the back four and Aurora had a good match in goal.  The attack was more variable: sometimes we did what was wanted, but at times we didn't manage to play our formal attack.  Our passing was not accurate enough today and we did not have enough speed ahead of the ball to break down a well established Swiss defence".

"But a well deserved win?" - "Yes, we had the most goal chances and looked at overall we were a better team than the Swiss, so the win was deserved.  But our play could be better and we want it to be better", said the trainer.

From the first kick Norway showed they were going for a win, and the first goal came in three minutes.  "It was a long through-play that we chased, there was duel in the box and the ball went to Vilde Hasund, who put it in the net", said Lexerød.  Halfway into the first half there was a similar situation and the ball again finished up with Hasund for her second goal.  There were no more goals.

Hasund obviously stood out as one of the best, but the trainer picked out some others who made important contributions.  "I could mention Vilde Fjelldal, Karina Sævik and Cecilie Dekkerhus.  They have been very important key players for us", said the trainer.  Before Thursday's match the focus will be on recovery and preparation to meet a good defending team.  "We have a tired group after two matches in a very short time, so now we must use today and tomorrow to create new energy and then we will start the match preparation on Wednesday".

"We have watched Northern Ireland and we will watch them again this evening.  I will know more after I have seen them against England.  But they defended well against Switzerland so it will not be a simple match and it will be a totally new picture which will be interesting", said Nils Lexerød.      

Norway 2 Switzerland 0 (2-0), Euro qualification elite round, Belfast Solitude, 06-04-2015
Goals: Vilde Hasund 3, 24.

Norway 4-3-2-1:
Aurora Mikalsen -
Ingrid Elvebakken, Tuva Hansen, Kristine Leine, Marit Lund -
Karina Sævik (capt), Cecilie Dekkerhus -
Karoline Haugland, Johanne Fridlund (Marie Dølvik Markussen 46), Vilde Hasund (Nora Eide Lie 62) -
Vilde Fjelldal (Maria Hiim 86).

Espen Haugen http://www.fotball.no/Landslag_og_toppfotball/Landslag/Aldersbestemt_jenter/Aldersbestemt-jenter/J19/2015/J19-Norges-lag-mot-Sveits/

Vilde Hasund scored her first two international goals and maybe the two most important goals of her career when Norway sank Switzerland in Belfast today.

Norway had a great start after three minutes when Røa's Hasund battled the ball into goal.  Switzerland never gave up, but after 24 minutes there were more scenes of celebration at Belfast Solitude when Hasund scored another, and thoughts of the European Cup finals in Israel began to take form.

The score stayed the same until half time when we made some changes.  The Swiss team pressed forward but Aurora Mikalsen took whatever turned up.  We were unsuccessful with our chances, Switzerland did not manage to score, and after 93 minutes the match went to some of the best girls and ambassadors that Norway has produced.

Norway has six points against Switzerland's three, while Northern Ireland and England meet later, both teams yet to take points.  

Jan Reidar Vågsdalen https://www.facebook.com/kvinnefotballmagasinet

Mariken Kleppe was unlucky enough to break a bone in the match against England on Saturday.  "From what the trainers have told me, Mariken was very unlucky.  She slid or fell and broke the outer leg bone", said Urædd trainer Margun Haugenes.  It happened after only 14 minutes play.

Kleppe herself said it happened with a pass.  "I went to make a long pass but the surface was very muddy and my boot got stuck.  The ankle twisted and suddenly came the break", said a rueful Kleppe.  "It isn't good but it could have been worse.  I will train up again as soon as I can.  Injuries like this don't normally need surgery", she said.

"First and foremost it's a setback for Mariken, but also for Urædd and the national team.  She is a good footballer who will need some help", said Haugenes.  She has been told to expect six weeks in plaster for Kleppe before recovery training can begin.  "We're talking about June if all goes well in her recovery.  As a consolation the doctors have said it's a 'fine' break, so we hope it will not take too long".

"Football is a contact sport and you can never guard yourself totally against injuries.  I'm very confident Mariken will come back strong", said Haugenes.  She will be without one of her best players when Urædd starts the season in division-1.  "But our squad is good and it's up to the others to step up".

Bjørn Borge - Varden AS http://www.varden.no/sport/kleppe-brakk-beinet-1.1393627

In today's other match England beat Northern Ireland 9-1.

Norway and Spain are the first nations to qualify for this year's U19 European Cup, says UEFA: http://www.uefa.com/womensunder19/news/newsid=2229838.html

Match photos: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.758820847549411.1073741861.150744591690376&type=1

Back: Kleppe, Lund, Lie, Fjelldal, Mikalsen, Eriksen, Hansen, Hasund, Markussen,
Front: Bogstad, Velta, Dekkerhus, Elvebakken, Sævik, Fridlund, Haugland, Hiim, Leine.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 09:04:06 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline law10

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2015, 05:22:02 PM »
Fantastisk!

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2015, 08:51:31 AM »
Fantastisk!
Congratulations to all in and around the Under-19 team on reaching the Euros.  Even if Thursday's match is lost, Norway would go through as the best second-placed team.  Italy and Germany are the best-placed of the remaining five teams in the present qualification round.

https://www.facebook.com/kvinnefotballmagasinet

Three of the squad in Belfast, all from Klepp: Tuva Hansen, Maria Hiim and Oda Marie Bogstad:

Alltid. Uansett.

Offline striker1

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2015, 10:11:43 AM »
Hi Alan. I was looking at the rules for the Under-19 qualifying & it seems that Norway win the group no matter what happens on Thursday. Should Norway lose & England win both teams would have 6 points. If this happens the group winner is decided on the result between the the two teams & as Norway beat England they win the group.

Offline wsldreamteam

• View Profile
    • twitter
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2015, 03:32:51 PM »
Hi Alan. I was looking at the rules for the Under-19 qualifying & it seems that Norway win the group no matter what happens on Thursday. Should Norway lose & England win both teams would have 6 points. If this happens the group winner is decided on the result between the the two teams & as Norway beat England they win the group.
Yes Norway group winner confirmed by the UEFA website.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2015, 04:44:25 PM »
OK, thanks for that and I suppose the same would be true if Switzerland win so we are home and dry  ;)
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Protest delivered
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2015, 05:40:58 PM »
England have delivered a protest to UEFA after the match against Norway.  The answer is expected on Wednesday.  The NFF's spokesman Gøril Kringen confirmed this to Fotballmagasinet on Tuesday afternoon.

The reason for the protest is the penalty taken in stoppage time.  England took the kick and put the ball in the net.  The goal was disallowed for encroachment by an English player and the referee awarded an indirect free kick instead of giving England another kick.

If the protest succeeds, what happens is uncertain.  The match could be restarted from where it stopped, or the whole match could be replayed.

Andreas Kristoffer Berge http://www.fotballmagasinet.no/?mode=news&id=28659
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 05:43:01 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline law10

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2015, 06:29:44 PM »
"England have delivered a protest to UEFA after the match against Norway."

Does that mean sometime after the match (i.e. today) or immediately after the match?

Offline sexxes

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2015, 06:46:41 PM »
UEFA: We originally wrote that Norway had qualified but on 8 April the UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body (CEDB) announced that Norway's game against England on 4 April will be replayed from the minute a penalty kick was awarded to England, who were 2-1 down at the time.

Offline andreaskb

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2015, 07:50:03 PM »

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2015, 08:38:02 PM »
Hello Andreas! thanks for your pictures and you are very welcome on here . . . there are plenty of your articles on here already :)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 08:49:51 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.