Author Topic: Norway Under-19 2015  (Read 16594 times)

Offline Alan

• View Profile
England-Norway on Saturday
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2015, 10:01:25 AM »
The Under-19s are in England and will play England on Saturday.

2015 opens with a friendly at St Georges Park on Saturday afternoon.  The team has been in Oslo for indoor training at Vallhall  "It's been a very good week and we have worked on and off the pitch", said trainer Nils Lexerød who has taken over the team from Jarl Torske.  "This is not entirely new to me because I was at two meetings in the autumn, but this is my first time in charge.  I got a very good impression of the players and the support team when I met them and this has just become stronger his last week".

One of Lexerød's training team is Cecilie Berg-Hansen.  In Oslo the squad set themselves four goals.  "The first was that the players and support team should get to know each other better, and I feel we have done that.  There are players in the squad that Cecilie and I didn't know from before.  Now we know what they can do", said the trainer.

"Then we needed to establish our status and decide how we are to reach our goals.  I feel we have done a lot towards that and have laid down a good plan.  The third is that we must develop our playing style.  We had good training sessions on Monday and Tuesday, and we saw a lot of what we had worked on when we played a training match among ourselves on Wednesday.  At that point we were ahead of where we thought we would be", he said.

Goal number four is to beat England.  "We will meet a good English team who were in Norway last year, largely as 17- and 18-year-olds, at the European Cup finals, so I am expecting that much of the same team will face us again on Saturday.  We have some experienced players with us but also some that have not played at this level before and are at their first international match.  The match will give us good data on where we stand", said Lexerød.

The team is aiming for another medal at this year's U19 European Cup tournament in Israel.  But first comes qualification, in which the Norwegians will play the elite round in Northern Ireland in the period April 4-9 against England, Switzerland and Northern Ireland.  The six group winners, plus the two best second-placed teams, will go to the finals.

"We have a well motivated and ambitious group of players.  It's clear that our goal is a medal in the summer, and the support team is committed to that.  We will all work hard to achieve it and we have some exciting months ahead of us", said Nils Lexerød.

Thomas Brekke Sæteren http://www.fotball.no/Landslag_og_toppfotball/Landslag/Aldersbestemt_jenter/Aldersbestemt-jenter/J19/2015/J19---Malet-er-a-sla-England/

Latest squad:
Aurora Watten Mikalsen - Clausenengen
Oda Marie Hove Bogstad - Klepp
Tuva Hansen - Klepp
Marit Bratberg Lund - Kolbotn
Cesilie Andreassen - Medkila
Marit Clausen - Trondheims-Ørn
Inga Sofie Bakken - Kolbotn
Alma Botten - Røa
Vilde Hasund - Røa
Karina Sævik - Avaldsnes
Cecilie Høegh Dekkerhus - Stabæk
Marie Dølvik Markussen - Stabæk
Johanne Fridlund - Vålerenga      
Maria Hiim - Klepp        
Pernilla Velta - Stabæk
Vilde Anett Fjelldal - Medkila
Mariken Kleppe - Urædd
Ingrid Rokke Elvebakken - Kolbotn

England-Norway, Jan. 24, St George's Park, Burton on Trent, kickoff 16.30.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 08:35:00 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline sylvain

• View Profile
Re: Norway Under-19 2015
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2015, 01:18:01 PM »
I tried to attend that game but the FA told ne no, invite only.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2015, 01:20:33 PM »
I tried to attend that game but the FA told ne no, invite only.
So why don't you get an invite? miserable b-st-rds :) . . probably you are too young and haven't got a blazer. 
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Mission accomplished
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2015, 09:05:28 PM »
Norway's Under-19s started the runup to important qualification matches with a convincing away win on Saturday afternoon.  The scorers were Marit Bratberg Lund, Marit Clausen, Johanne Fridlund and Vilde Fjelldal.  

"It was a positive match for us.  There were times in both halves when we played very well, and other times when we weren't so good.  But the girls stood up all the time and we have individuals in the team who can decide matches", said trainer Nils Lexerød to fotball.no.  "It was a well deserved win even if the result was a little over the top.  We sank our chances today, and the match was not as one-sided as the result suggests".

Norway led 1-0 at half time after Marit Bratberg Lund placed a penalty into goal in the 26th minute.  "Marit Clausen's 2-0 goal followed a corner, while the goals by Johanne Fridlund and Vilde Fjelldal came from long shots", said the trainer.  Clausen and Fridlund played in the U19 European Cup last year, Lund and Fjelldal are new.

He saw many good trends in today's match.  "We defended well the whole match and I am pleased with the defensive play.  The counterattacks also showed correct trends, but our formal attacking needs more work", he said.  "All the players put in a huge effort today.  There is an impressive 'go' in the team.  Many of them, including the new players, showed their skills and what they can do.  It was good to watch".

They meet again at the beginning of March in La Manga.  "We have come a long way this week.  Now we go into a period when the girls must work hard and lay good foundations back at home in their clubs so that we can continue to build in March", said Nils Lexerød.  

England - Norway 0-4 (0-1), training match, St.Georges Park, 24-01-2015
Referee: Sarah Garrat
Cards: none
Goals: Marit B. Lund (pen) 26, Marit Clausen 65, Johanne Fridlund 70, Vilde Anett Fjelldal 90.

Norway (4-2-3-1):
Oda Marie Bogstad (Aurora Watten Mikalsen* 46) -
Ingrid R. Elvebakken, Marit Clausen* (Mariken Kleppe 66), Tuva Hansen*, Marit Bratberg Lund -
Maria Hiim, Cecilie Dekkerhus (Alma Botten 77) -
Marie Markussen* (Karina Sævik* 46), Johanne Fridlund* (Cesilie Andreassen 71), Vilde Hasund -
Pernille Velta (Vilde Anett Fjelldal 46).
*Players from the European Cup.

Thomas Brekke Sæteren http://www.fotball.no/Landslag_og_toppfotball/Landslag/Aldersbestemt_jenter/Aldersbestemt-jenter/J19/2015/J19-Disse-starter-mot-England/

England lacked the support of a good home crowd at St Georges Park today as the FA allowed only a few invited spectators.

3-0 came from Johanne Fridlund:

« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 08:39:37 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Under-19s for La Manga
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2015, 05:10:15 PM »
J19 national trainer Nils Lexerød has picked the following 21 player to go to the ten-nations tournament in La Manga in the period March 3-10.

- Cecilie Fiskerstrand - Stabæk - taken by the A-team
1 Aurora Mikalsen - Clausenengen
12 Oda Marie Bogstad - Klepp
4 Tuva Hansen - Klepp
5 Marit Bratberg Lund - Kolbotn
- Ingrid Elvebakken - Kolbotn
17 Sara Eriksen - Sandviken
3 Marit Clausen - Trondheims-Ørn
13 Mariken Kleppe - Urædd
14 Kristine Leine - Fortuna Ålesund
15 Nora Eide Lie - Urædd
6 Karina Sævik - Avaldsnes
7 Cecilie Dekkerhus - Stabæk
16 Maria Hiim - Klepp
- Marie Dølvik Markussen - Stabæk - taken by the A-team
10 Vilde Hasund - Røa
8 Karoline Haugland* - Arna-Bjørnar
11 Pernille Velta - Stabæk
9 Johanne Fridlund - Vålerenga
- Synne Jensen - Kolbotn
20 Vilde Fjelldal -  Hardhaus
2 Alma Botten - Røa
18 Ida Fikseth Fossum - Medkila

*Karoline Haugland has moved up from the U17s since their trip to Italy.

Programme:
5th March 13.00: Norway - USA
7th March 16.00: Norway - Denmark
9th March 18.30: Norway - Germany

http://www.fotball.no/Landslag_og_toppfotball/Landslag/Aldersbestemt_jenter/Aldersbestemt-jenter/J19/2015/J19-landslagstropp-til-La-Manga/
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 09:10:37 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
La Manga matches on line
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2015, 10:18:03 AM »
Some of the U-19 matches from La Manga will be covered by pay-TV on line.  For details see: http://www.lamangatv.com/live
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
U19 tournament at La Manga
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2015, 05:12:28 PM »
First online pay-tv matches are on Thursday March 5:
12.50 NOR-USA,  14.50 SWE-GER,  17.50 DEN-SCO,  times are CET.
http://www.lamangatv.com/live
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 09:43:07 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Another player to the U19s
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2015, 09:44:50 AM »
Sine Elise Tosterud of LSK Kvinner is flying out to La Manga to join Norway's U19 squad today.  

"It's a lot of fun to be picked for the tournament in La Manga with the U19s.  I have the chance to be with the team and contribute what I can, and obviously I'm hoping for some match-time.  We're meeting tough opponents, Germany and the USA, so it could be a very exciting and challenging week.  My training has been going well.  I had glandular fever (mono) in the autumn and was out for a while but since December I've trained fully in the last couple of months.  I train at LSK and at Toten, and it works well, and I have stayed fit and injury-free", she told www.lsk/women

http://www.lsk.no/women/article/1i28bk6802je01jdf7dn14v76u/title/sina-elise-tosterud-reiser-i-morgen-med-j19-til-la-manga

She will wear #19.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 08:48:50 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2015, 07:06:52 PM »
The U19s are meeing tough opponents at La Manga, with the USA, Denmark and Germany in wait.  With matches on Thursday, Saturday and Monday there are some hectic days coming up in the final test before Euro qualification starts in Northern Ireland in April.

"We are very ready for these matches.  The players have done a good training job since the last meeting and are in much better physical form than five weeks ago.  And we have an injury-free squad so things are looking good", said trainer Nils Lexerød to fotball.no.  "I don't know a lot about or opponents but will be observing Denmar and Germany before we meet them.  But we know they are good teams.  The USA and Germany have historically been very solid at this level, and there's no doubt that we have chosen very good opponents".

The trainer is demanding full focus by the team, before and during the matches.  "I am expecting a good job of the preparation and we have had a good start to that", he said.  "Our goal is to learn how to win matches at a high international level, so we'll see how that works out".

Lexerød says these matches at La Manga are no less important than the Euro qualification matches.  "International matches are important at any time.  These matches are important for the players' development because they will learn more about what winning demands.  That is independent of whether qualification is close", he said.

"But it's important to gain confidence before the qualification starts.  We had a good start against England, so we ho we can also take ome good performances from La Manga", said Nils Lexerød.    

Espen Haugen http://www.fotball.no/Landslag_og_toppfotball/Landslag/Aldersbestemt_jenter/Aldersbestemt-jenter/J19/2015/J19---Har-bevisst-valgt-a-matche-oss-mot-gode-lag/

Thursday: Norway-USA U19, 11.50 UK, www.lamangatv.com (pay-tv £7.15).
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 07:08:26 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Norway beaten by strong USA team
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2015, 01:05:50 PM »
The U19s played a good match but were defeated by a very strong American team today at La Manga.

The USA has one of the best national teams at this level, as the Norwegians found out, losing 0-2.  "We lost to a good team but the performances were better than the result.  For several periods in the match we competed on level terms", said trainer Nils Lexerød.  "We were good at a lot of what we had been training for.  The defence was good for a large part of the match, even though they let two goals through.  Physically we were good.  We ran a lot, and strongly, and pressed the USA back".

But the trainer emphasized that it does not taste good to lose a match no matter how well the players played.  "We are not satisfied with losing.  But if we look at it there are plenty of good things to take from it", he said.

The Americans had the most of the ball and kept up a high intensity, which meant that Norway did not steer the play as they had hoped.  "We did not really get our own game going.  That is what we must work on now.  The tempo was high and the US did not give us time with the ball.  It isn't what we have worked on the most, and we can see that we have plenty potential to improve", said the trainer.  

The US scored a goal at the end of each half, with similar attacks, and won 2-0.  "They were two nearly identical goals, with a ball played into the back space, and we were a little passive and failed to clear it.  The US got alone with the keeper and scored", said Lexerød.  "It was rather easy and we should have defended better than we did".

Apart from the goals Norway defended well throughout the match.  "We applied good pressure at times, without creating big chances, and we did not relax when we had the ball", said the trainer.  "We were given less time than we are used to and we did not play together enough, so we ended up making some unfortunate decisions", he said.  

Now it's all about recovery for Saturday's match.  "The main focus is to recover well and create new energy in the squad.  Also we will be working on the attack", said Lexerød.

Espen Haugen http://www.fotball.no/Landslag_og_toppfotball/Landslag/Aldersbestemt_jenter/Aldersbestemt-jenter/J19/2015/J19-Norges-lag-mot-USA/

Match video: http://www.lamangatv.com/video/5-3-norway-usa-05-mar-14-52  

USA - Norge 2-0 (1-0), U19s at La Manga, 05-03-2015
Goals: USA 39, 87.      

Norway (4-2-3-1):
Aurora Mikalsen -
Kristine Leine (Sara Soaya Eriksen 65), Marit Clausen, Tuva Hansen, Marit Lund -
Karina Sævik (capt), Cecilie Høegh Dekkerhus -
Karoline Haugland (Sine Elise Tosterud 77), Johanne Fridlund, Vilde Hasund -
Pernille Velta (Vilde Anett Fjelldal 46).

Johanne Fridlund at the U19 Euros last year:

« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 08:23:31 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Denmark 1 Norway 1
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2015, 05:10:38 PM »
The U19 match today at La Manga ended in a 1-1 draw.  This follows Norway's 0-2 loss to the USA in the last match.

The first half was goalless but Norway controlled most of the play with tempo and accuracy.  In the 56th minute a penalty was awarded after a Danish player was held back running into the penalty area.  Twelve minutes later after a through pass from Nora Eide Lie, Karoline Haugland's long shot from the right wing went under the crossbar and over the keeper, for the equaliser.

Norway's trainer was well pleased with the team's performance on Saturday.  "Obviously we would like to have won, but it was a well played match by us", said Nils Lexerød after the 1-1 draw.

The match was an even one between two teams going for a win.  "Normally I am not satisfied unless we win a match, but in the phase we are in just now it's important for us to see progress with the things we are working on.  The players learn quickly and we are setting up a good culture in the team", said Lexerød.

The Norwegians were well into the match right from the kickoff and looked very energetic in the opening minutes.  "We started well and pressed Denmark so that they did not establish their game.  The play even out a little after a while.  They created three or four chances against us, and were most dangerous with set pieces", said the trainer.

The first half was goalless but after 56 minutes Denmark was awarded a penalty and took a 1-0 lead.  "We came back after that and created chances, and on a good breakthrough with a good run by Karoline Haugland we equalised", said the trainer.  There were no more goals and the match ended at 1-1.

There were several changes to Norway's team after the previous match, and many fresh players had a chance to try their skills.  "I am well pleased with what the players did today also.  We made many changes and used many players who have played few international matches at this level.  We had six players in their first match for the U19s today.  It was a positive experience for them and a good match, which shows that we have many players competing for places", said Lexerød.

Now only one match remains for the U19s to play and it is on Monday against Germany.  "We are having a day of recovery training tomorrow and we will do more work on our formal attacking play", said the trainer.  "Then we will assess the Denmark match and prepare to meet the Germans".  

Denmark 1 Norway 1, U19 tournament, La Manga, 07-03-2015
Referee: Ifeoma Kulmala, Finland
Goals: 1-0 Sara Hansen (pen) 56, 1-1 Karoline Haugland 68.

Norway (4-2-3-1):
Oda Marie Bogstad -
Sara Eriksen (capt), Kristine Leine, Mariken Kleppe (Tuva Hansen 80), Alma Botten (Marit Bratberg Lund 57) -
Nora Eide Lie (Karina Sævik 80), Maria Hiim -
Sina Tosterud (Johanne Fridlund 80), Karoline Haugland, Ida Fikseth Fossem (Vilde Hasund 70) -
Vilde Fjelldal (Pernille Velta 57).    

Espen Haugen http://www.fotball.no/Landslag_og_toppfotball/Landslag/Aldersbestemt_jenter/Aldersbestemt-jenter/J19/2015/J19-Her-er-Norges-lag-mot-Danmark/

Full match video: http://www.lamangatv.com/video/7-3-norway-denmark-07-mar-17-55

Goal scorer Karoline Haugland:

« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 08:39:57 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
U19s beat Germany
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2015, 10:19:46 PM »
Vilde Fjelldal was the matchwinner when Norway's Under-19s beat Germany 1-0 at La Manga this evening.

It was their last match of the present Spanish trip and the last before Euro qualifications begin next month.  Germany were the opponents and the Norwegian girls delivered a solid win.  "It's always good to win matches.  You get confirmation that what you are working on is bringing results", said trainer Nils Lexerød to fotball.no afterwards.

"First and foremost it was a fantastic team effort.  There is a 'go' in this team that impresses me.  Today we were rewarded for it with a win and we can see a fine progression in the team's development", he said.

It was an even match throughout between two good teams.  The goal came after 76 minutes when a through ball from Marit Bratberg Lund found Vilde Fjelldal in a good position to score.  "We wanted the striker to pose a threat in the back room and Vilde did that very well in the situation that led to the goal", said Lexerød.  "It was a good run and the timing and passing were good, and it was a fine finish".

The trainer says that the team has delivered good performances in all three matches, but they have become better and better and today's match was a notch better than the others.  "We have played good matches here but this was the best.  And today we had the payoff for it", he said.  "The team is well into its development, and the players are very eager and quick to learn.  We are developing from match to match and it's a good feeling to be going home from here with the progress we have made".

"We have a group of players who are about to take the next steps.  They work hard and have a good time together, which has pushed them forward", said Lexerød.  "We had a target of winning against Germany, and we managed it.  The next target is to get through qualification".

But Norway will have to face tough competition and play well.  "We know the chance is there, but England, Switzerland and Northern Ireland are good opponents.  It definitely will not be easy, but we can be optimistic and believe that we can do it", said Nils Lexerød.

Germany - Norway 0-1 (0-0), Under 19 training match, La Manga, 09-03-2015
Goal: Vilde Anett Fjelldal 76.

Norway (4-2-3-1):
Aurora Mikalsen (Oda Marie Bogstad 64) -
Sara Eriksen (Kristine Leine 46), Marit Clausen, Tuva Hansen, Marit Bratberg Lund -
Karina Sævik, Cecilie Høegh Dekkerhus -
Nora Eide Lie (Karoline Haugland 86), Johanne Fridlund, Vilde Hasund (Maria Hiim 64) -
Vilde Fjelldal.

Espen Haugen http://www.fotball.no/Landslag_og_toppfotball/Landslag/Aldersbestemt_jenter/Aldersbestemt-jenter/J19/2015/J19-Disse-starter-mot-Tyskland/

Vilde Fjelldal from Sportsklubb Hardhaus in Narvik scored the goal:

« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 08:40:10 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline law10

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2015, 05:50:41 PM »
Apologies, can't find code to size it down:

« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 05:52:27 PM by law10 »

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2015, 07:40:29 PM »
Apologies, can't find code to size it down
Johanne Fridlund in a great action shot from http://www.dfb.de/bildergalerien/ansicht/la-manga-knappe-niederlage-im-dritten-spiel-453/
Germans in a plain black and white kit now.

16 Maria Hiim, 5 Marit Bratberg Lund, 20 Vilde Fjelldal, 7 Cecilie H. Dekkerhus:

« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 09:35:21 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline law10

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2015, 12:02:26 AM »
I haven't been this happily one-upped in a while.  Fantastic photo and great stuff Alan!

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2015, 09:18:06 AM »
I haven't been this happily one-upped in a while.  Fantastic photo and great stuff Alan!
It's a great sports picture, the sort that amateurs can't aspire to.  First of all it needs one of those lenses that comes with its own wheelbarrow to move it around, then it's perfectly focussed on the players but the net behind them is out of focus, it captures the moment beautifully and on top of all that it's perfectly composed as if the players have been told where to stand.  They are celebrating together but at the same you can see they are all separate in their own world - which is the human condition . .  a picture that says everything :).  

A bit more about Norway's #20:

Fjelldal decisive for Norway

Norway's Under-19s beat Germany 1-0 in a training match at La Manga on Monday evening.

Medkila's new forward, Vilde Fjelldal from Narvik, scored the goal 14 minutes before full time.  It was her second international goal since her transfer, and her 10th in 27 international matches.  After 11 months on the sidelines Fjelldal has made a strong comeback internationally.

Her Medkila teammate Ida Fikseth Fossum was on the bench in Monday's match, but the duo played from the start when Norway met the USA on Saturday, a match that ended in a 0-2 loss.

Øyvind Askevold Kaarbø - Harstad Tidende http://www.ht.no/sport/article10731153.ece

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 08:33:59 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline law10

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2015, 01:46:46 PM »
It's a great sports picture, the sort that amateurs can't aspire to.  First of all it needs one of those lenses that comes with its own wheelbarrow to move it around, then it's perfectly focused on the players but the net behind them is out of focus, it captures the moment beautifully and on top of all that it's perfectly composed as if the players have been told where to stand.  They are celebrating together but at the same you can see they are all separate in their own world - which is the human condition . .  a picture that says everything :).

Well put and then some.  It should be blown up and on the wall in the NFF Office.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Under-19 squad for Euro qualification
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2015, 07:09:59 PM »
J19 trainer Nils Lexerød has selected 18 players for the elite round of Euro qualification in Northern Ireland in the period April 2-10.

Cecilie Fiskerstrand - Stabæk
Aurora Mikalsen - Clausenengen
Tuva Hansen - Klepp
Marit Lund - Kolbotn
Ingrid Elvebakken - Kolbotn
Sara Eriksen - Sandviken
Marit Clausen - Trondheims-Ørn
Kristine Leine - Fortuna Ålesund
Nora Eide Lie - Urædd
Karina Sævik - Avaldsnes
Cecilie Dekkerhus - Stabæk
Maria Hiim - Klepp
Marie Markussen - Stabæk
Vilde Hasund - Røa
Karoline Haugland - Arna-Bjørnar
Pernille Velta - Stabæk
Johanne Fridlund - Vålerenga
Vilde Fjelldal - Medkila

Matches:
4th April: England - Norway, Belfast Seaview, 20.00
6th April: Switzerland - Norway, Belfast Seaview, 13.00
9th April: Northern Ireland - Norway, Belfast Solitude, 15.00

www.fotball.no
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
U19s in qualification phase
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2015, 10:40:27 PM »
"Norway's U19s fear no-one and believe they can beat all", said team trainer Nils Lexerød.

The team is going for a medal in the new U19 European Cup which will be played in Israel in the summer, but first they have to qualify.  They can do that in Northern Ireland in the coming week.  The six group winners go through, plus the two best second-placed teams.  

"We arrived here yesterday and had a good training session.  The mood in the squad is very good and everything is ready for a good performance against England tomorrow", said Lexerød.  "Without doubt it's a tough group.  Northern Ireland is the team we know the least about, but we meet them in the last match so we have a chance to watch them before that.  The other teams we know well.  England is one of the top-seeded nationa and Switzerland was good when we saw them in La Manga.  They lost 0-1 but played an even match against the European champions Netherlands".

Norway's goal is to go to the finals in the summer.  "Although we are meeting good opponents our goal is to go further.  The other teams are good but we have a strong squad.  They all want to do well and are ready to put the effort in.  The group has a good culture.  These girls fear nothing and believe we can win.  That is a good starting-point", said the trainer.

Saturday's match against England kicks off at 21.00 CET.  When the teams met in January Norway won 4-0 with goals by Johanne Fridlund, Marit Bratberg Lund, Marit Clausen and Vilde Fjelldal.  "We feel we have good control over England after we played them before, and after we saw them play at La Manga a few times.  We will go for a win", he said.

Two players have dropped out of the squad.  "Cecilie Fiskerstrand and Marit Clausen are not here.  They are replaced by Oda Maria Bogstad and Mariken Kleppe.  Two good players out, two good players in", said Nils Lexerød.

Matches:
4th April: England - Norway, Belfast Seaview, 20.00 (UK time)
6th April: Switzerland - Norway, Belfast Seaview, 13.00
9th April: Northern Ireland - Norway, Belfast Solitude, 15.00.      

Thomas Brekke Sæteren http://www.fotball.no/Landslag_og_toppfotball/Landslag/Aldersbestemt_jenter/Aldersbestemt-jenter/J19/2015/J19-Norge-skal-kjempe-om-EM-plass/

Nora Eide Lie, Karoline Haugland, Marit Bratberg Lund and Maria Hiim:

« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 09:36:33 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
England 1 Norway 2
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2015, 10:55:00 PM »
Norway's Under-19s are in Northern Ireland battling for a place in the summer's European Cup.  They started with a 2-1 win in a dramatic match against England.

"We opened very well and the match was even for the first 15 minutes, but England took over and were clearly better until half time.  We had more than enough work to defend ourselves, but we managed it thanks to our fantastic team culture", said trainer Nils Lexerød to fotball.no.  "At the start of the second half the match altered and we took over.  We took the lead after 15 minutes and it was well deserved at that point.  The goal came from a through-pass to Vilde Fjelldal who ran up and scored securely alone with the keeper".

Four minutes from the end Norway scored a second time.  "We were best for most of the second half but lost our grip at the end, something we must learn from.  It's important to control things when we are ahead", said the trainer.  England reduced the score to 2-1 after 88 minutes and then earned a penalty.  "They netted the penalty but the referee disallowed the goal and awarded us a free kick instead", said Lexerød.

In spite of the drama it was a well deserved win to Norway.  "Overall we are happy with the opening match.  The first half was below our normal level but after half time we were good.  We created several good chances and could have scored one or two more goals", he said.

On Monday the team will meet Switzerland who beat Northern Ireland 1-0 yesterday.  "It will be a new tough match and a little different from today's match.  Now we have to recover and sleep so we are clear and sharp on Monday", said Nils Lexerød.      

England 1 Norway 2 (0-0), U19 Euro qualification, Belfast Seaview, 04-04-2015
Referee: Inka Müller, Germany
Yellow cards: Vilde Hasund, Marit Bratberg Lund
Goals: 0-1 Vilde Fjelldal 59, 0-2 Nora Eide Lie 86, 1-2 Rosella Ayane 88.

Norway (4-2-3-1):
Aurora Mikalsen -
Kristine Leine, Tuva Hansen, Mariken Kleppen (Sara Soraya Eriksen 14), Marit Bratberg Lund -
Karina Sævik (capt), Cecilie H. Dekkerhus -
Nora Eide Lie (Maria Hiim 88), Johanne Fridlund, Vilde Hasund (Marie Dølvik Markussen 46) -
Vilde Fjelldal.

Thomas Brekke Sæteren http://www.fotball.no/Landslag_og_toppfotball/Landslag/Aldersbestemt_jenter/Aldersbestemt-jenter/J19/2015/J19-Disse-moter-England/
UEFA match details: http://www.uefa.com/womensunder19/season=2015/matches/live/index.html?day=4&session=1&match=2013280

Drama in Belfast this evening when Norway beat England 2-1:

What a football match, and what Norwegian girls we have! It was a war, and our heros decided the match.  Karina Sævik drove the team and was a captain who led from the front.  First Kristine Leine put the ball on a post, and then Tuva Hansen and the rest of the defence had to work at a feverish rate for the rest of the first half as the English girls were a bit better than us.  

Then began the drama.  After a good start to the second half Marie Dølvik came in and gave the team more speed.  After 59 minutes a first-division player from Telemark, Nora Eide Lie, scored the first goal.  That was only the start of it.  England had a player sent off so had to play the last 25 minutes with ten on the field.  The German referee continued to hand out card after card, until a recent second-division player who has just joined Medkila, Vilde Fjelldal, scored another.  That should reach the front page of all the papers north of Trondheim!

Then, when everyone thought that the match was in the bag, the girls from the football island came back with a reducer for 2-1 with two minutes left, and nerves were raw as the players sweated.  With 96 minutes played England were awarded a penalty.  They scored but the goal was disallowed, to everyone's astonishment.

But Norway won the match.  Thanks to the girls, to Lexerød and everyone in Belfast for an exciting Saturday evening.  The next match is on Monday against Switzerland, which could be the group final already.  

Jan Reidar Vågsdalen https://www.facebook.com/kvinnefotballmagasinet/posts/425566870949759  
Takk JR, herlige saken!  

Maria Hiim and Vilde Hasund after the match (Kvinnefotballmagasinet):  

« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 01:11:50 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.