Author Topic: Norway Under-19 2015  (Read 15273 times)

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Re: Norway Under-19 2015
« Reply #120 on: July 20, 2015, 10:36:26 AM »
Vilde Fjelldal has scored some big goals in her young career.
Cecilie Fiskerstrand was wonderful.
Did you see in the highlights video the goals were both in the first 2 minutes but then at the end we saw some great keeping?  it isn't that often that video editors show such an appreciation of good football :).  

Maybe you're thinking of this: http://www.womensfootball.eu/forum/index.php/topic,7750.msg77975.html#msg77975
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 09:12:07 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Make or break tomorrow
« Reply #121 on: July 20, 2015, 09:56:49 PM »
"I have no wish to be eliminated by England again.  Twice in one summer, that would not do", said Cecilie Fiskerstrand.

On Saturday the Norwegian team gained new hope of advancement to the semifinals of the U19 Euros, in a strong 2-0 win over Germany.  "It was a fun match.  We had to win and we managed it. We battled from start to finish, the girls ran and ran and it was a good performance by us to beat Germany", keeper Cecilie Fiskerstrand told fotball.no.

She was one of the big reasons that it went as well as it did for Norway.  She did not allow Germany to score and kept the sheet clean for the full 90 minutes.  "It feels good: it really does.  We are trying to stick to that.  When the girls made such a good effort out there for 90 minutes I am very glad I could contribute and help out as well", said the 19-year-old keeper.

Fiskerstrand has spent most of the summer on football and championships.  Before she went to Israel with the U19s she had several weeks in Canada as third keeper in Norway's senior squad at the World Cup.  "I am extremely lucky to experience all that.  Championships are what any footballer dreams of, and I am very happy to have gone along.  At the same time it's demanding to be away for so long, to travel a lot and be in a place where a lot is asked of you over a long period.  But it's challenging in a good way, and I feel it was exciting and a lot of fun", she said.

The next match for Fiskerstrand and her U19 teammates is against England, the last match in group B on Tuesday, and it will decide who goes to the semifinal and who goes home.  It was England who sent the Norwegians home from the World Cup and Fiskerstrand will do everything she can to avoid a repeat.  "The need for revenge is there, absolutely.  I have no wish to go out to England again.  Twice in one summer, that will never do.  It's going to be a new battle that everyone will want to win, and I have a feeling it will be us", said the keeper.

If they manage to win the match they will have six points but even then nothing will be certain.  Should Germany beat Spain they will have six points along with Spain as well.  These three will all have beaten each other and it will depend on goal difference.  Unfortunately Norway lost 4-0 to Spain so they are asking a lot tomorrow.    

A semifinal place brings qualification for next year's U20 World Cup.  "It's something I have aimed at for for a long time.  A medal is also very important.  We were so near the Final in last year's Euros, so I am really geared up to get through this time.  I'm looking forward to it.  But first I have to focus on shutting up the shop against England, and for the rest we'll have to take what we get", said Cecilie Fiskerstrand.

Espen Haugen http://www.fotball.no/Landslag_og_toppfotball/Landslag/Aldersbestemt_jenter/Aldersbestemt-jenter/J19/2015/J19-EM--Vil/

21st July 18.30 (UK): Norway–England at Ramla Municipal Stadium.

Fiskerstrand's keeping was featured in the highlights video: https://youtu.be/swA5J4Opsnk

« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 04:30:41 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
England-Norway tonight
« Reply #122 on: July 21, 2015, 07:03:45 PM »
The match kicked of at 17.30 at Ramla.  Half time 0-0, Vilde Hasund on for Nora Eide Lie.  Germany is leading Spain 1-0.

Final score 0-0 so Germany and Spain go to the semifinals.

Norway:
Cecilie Fiskerstrand -
Tuva Hansen, Marit Clausen, Kristine Leine, Marit Bratberg Lund -
Maria Hiim, Karina Sævik, Cecilie Dekkerhus, Nora Eide Lie (Vilde Hasund 46) -
Johanne Fridlund, Vilde Fjelldal.

http://www.fotball.no/Landslag_og_toppfotball/Landslag/Aldersbestemt_jenter/Aldersbestemt-jenter/J19/2015/J19-EM-Disse-starter-mot-England/
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 09:04:15 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline law10

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 21, 2015, 07:12:33 PM »
Yes, I've had the tickers on since they kicked off.  Going to take a miracle at this point with five minutes left...

Alas, no strikes from the heavens as the whistles blow.

Tough group, too tough actually, this tournament should be expanded to 12 teams.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 07:29:26 PM by law10 »

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Norway out of the Euros
« Reply #124 on: July 22, 2015, 09:06:11 AM »
Norway 0 England 0: the last group match against England ended in a goalless draw, while Germany beat Spain 1-0, which means Norway is out of the U19 European Cup in third place in the group.

Disappointment was high but Norway could be happy with a good performance in their last match.  "We played a very good match.  The players were tired but they mobilised their powers and we were clearly better than England for large parts of the match.  We had the result we wanted, and we could have gone further if Spain had taken a point from Germany.  If the starting-point had been different and we had needed a win, we would have played the match differently", said trainer Nils Lexerød to fotball.no.

"We were concentrating on not taking too many risks.  We controlled the match and created many big chances including two shots on the crossbar.  We would like to have had a win today but it would have made no difference with the way the other match turned out", said the trainer.

After a 4-0 defeat by Spain the Norwegians beat Germany and drew with England.  "This was one of the better matches the team has played.  It's difficult to compare it with Saturday's match against Germany, because the situation and the opponents were very different, but we were at our best in both matches", said Lexerød.

"I said before the tournament that we would have to play to our potential in all three matches to go through.  We managed that in the last two matches but did not get a top performance in the opening match against Spain.  We were punished in that match.  The play has been very good but the results were not all we wanted", he said.

Lexerød said that the Norwegian team led by captain Karina Sævik followed the match plan to the letter.  "Karina Sævik was good today.  She took charge, encouraged her teammates and steered the team to the result we wanted.  Many of the players have shown their best side at the tournament, especially in the last two matches.  Many of these players are going to make their mark in the A-team in years to come", he said.

The team will travel home on Wednesday.  On Friday Spain will meet France and Germany will meet Sweden in the semifinals.

Thomas Brekke Sæteren http://www.fotball.no/Landslag_og_toppfotball/Landslag/Aldersbestemt_jenter/Aldersbestemt-jenter/J19/2015/J19-EM-Disse-starter-mot-England/

Best player yesterday, Karina Sævik:

Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Germany-Spain 1-0
« Reply #125 on: July 22, 2015, 09:34:55 PM »
Germany won the match that sent Norway home yesterday, but the goal was a Spanish own-goal.
Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN8SRfRsV-Y
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline law10

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 30, 2015, 07:13:18 PM »
Official WU19 EURO squad of the tournament

Goalkeepers
Lena Pauels (Germany)
Caitlin Leach (England)

Watch Sweden win the WU19 EURO title
Defenders
Théa Greboval (France)
Rebecca Knaak (Germany)
Pauline Dhaeyer (France)
Rocío Galvez (Spain)
Felicitas Rauch (Germany)
Nathalie Björn (Sweden)

Midfielders
Jodie Brett (England)
Pilar Garrote (Spain)
Juliane Gathrat (France)
Maёlle Garbino (France)  
Sandra Hérnandez (Spain)

Forwards
Stina Blackstenius (Sweden)
Tove Almqvist (Sweden)      
Nahikari Garcia (Spain)
Eden Avital (Israel)
Madeline Gier (Germany)

Four teams lose one game: Sweden, Germany, Spain and Norway.  Germany place four on the list, Spain four, Sweden three and Norway zero.  England lose two games and place two.  Israel lose all three and place one.

Last year the observers were Hope Powell and Jarmo Maitkainen.  Dying to hear who they were this year.

Offline law10

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 23, 2015, 05:32:05 PM »
Official WU19 EURO squad of the tournament
Four teams lose one game: Sweden, Germany, Spain and Norway.  Germany place four on the list, Spain four, Sweden three and Norway zero.  England lose two games and place two.  Israel lose all three and place one.

Last year the observers were Hope Powell and Jarmo Maitkainen.  Dying to hear who they were this year.

Unsurprising:

Technical observers
Hesterine de Reus
Hope Powell

Abandon the selection or use assessors without ties to the competing countries.