Author Topic: Mixed topic  (Read 10883 times)

The Cabbage

Mixed topic
« on: June 04, 2014, 01:24:48 PM »
 ???
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 06:53:13 PM by The Cabbage »

Offline Anita_Shorty

• View Profile
Re: Plastic or Paper
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 03:25:09 PM »
Imagine trying to put your tinnes and micro wave meals into a paper bag after doing the weekly shop in tesco - would rip instantly!

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
    • Sunderland AFC Ladies Facebook Fanpage
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 04:34:05 PM »
Don't they have paper bags in America for groceries? I've seen them in movies loads of times, and we all know what we see in movies are true  ;)
"Sunderland have got a girl up front who is clinical - Beth Mead is one of the best strikers in the country, let alone our division - and it showed today." - Aston Villa Ladies Head Coach Joe Hunt

Offline bilbobaggins

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 11:09:56 PM »
for all of you younger folk, paper bags were the norm in the late 60s early 70s , they were thick reinforced paper with thick handles.

Offline law10

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 12:46:35 AM »
North America is all plastic for grocery stores.  Things are moving to people bringing their own bags or getting dinged a nickel per bag (which was unheard of a decade ago).

Offline raefil

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 07:31:51 AM »
Tax making opportunity seized with both hands by the coalition.

Offline Anita_Shorty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 08:43:21 AM »
for all of you younger folk, paper bags were the norm in the late 60s early 70s , they were thick reinforced paper with thick handles.
[/quote

You sound like my grandad!  ;D "Back in my day . . . . . "

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2014, 09:31:03 AM »
Eeeee when ar werra lad ya could go t' shop with two bob, buy bag o' sweets and a bottle o' pop and still come home with 'tuppence change. Kids tha day, don't know tha born.

;)
"Sunderland have got a girl up front who is clinical - Beth Mead is one of the best strikers in the country, let alone our division - and it showed today." - Aston Villa Ladies Head Coach Joe Hunt

Offline Anita_Shorty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2014, 04:02:42 PM »
Eeeee when ar werra lad ya could go t' shop with two bob, buy bag o' sweets and a bottle o' pop and still come home with 'tuppence change. Kids tha day, don't know tha born.

;)

Tuppence? is that slang for Two Pence?

Offline raefil

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2014, 04:37:59 PM »

;)

Tuppence? is that slang for Two Pence?
Nope, tuppence is 2d

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2014, 06:47:03 PM »
Umm i'm not actually that old to know, but raefil seems to be showing his age  ;) Bet he knows what tuppence ha'penny is as well  :D

Shows how old it is though cos everything is 3D these days. I'll get me coat ::)

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2014, 09:00:36 PM »
To be fair i'm not sure how much further this Plastic v Paper Bags discussion could go. I think it might have reached it's peak a few posts before our interruption  :P

Offline raefil

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2014, 09:56:12 PM »
Umm i'm not actually that old to know, but raefil seems to be showing his age  ;) Bet he knows what tuppence ha'penny is as well  :D

Shows how old it is though cos everything is 3D these days. I'll get me coat ::)
Aye and you felt rich if you had a thrupenny bit.

Offline Anita_Shorty

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2014, 06:18:08 AM »
What was all that about high jacking threads.......

My bad - i apologise.

Slightly more on topic than my jokes about Steve's old age - my other half is a retail manager - they've just received an email telling them that they will soon have to start charging public per plastic bag used in store. As im a ditzy blonde, and its rather early in the morning, i can neither remember the price nor the date from which it becomes effective!

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2014, 06:38:00 AM »

I think we're getting on Cabbage's thrupenny bits not staying on topic  :D

i can neither remember the price nor the date from which it becomes effective!

Senility! Coes with old age  ;) Oh, and just say "she" for gods sake, no one is judging (or they better not anyway)  ;)

Offline Anita_Shorty

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2014, 12:15:58 PM »

I think we're getting on Cabbage's thrupenny bits not staying on topic  :D

i can neither remember the price nor the date from which it becomes effective!

Senility! Coes with old age  ;) Oh, and just say "she" for gods sake, no one is judging (or they better not anyway)  ;)

What on earth do you mean??  ??? ;)

One should never assume, Mr Steve!  ;D ;)

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2014, 03:48:49 PM »
No, there was a reason i thought that, it wasn't just an assumption. Only i can't remember what it was now lol Certainly not a generalization based on some silly pre conception like 'because you like women's football' or owt like that! I don't do generalizations you should know that.

Anyway apologies if i was wrong i just wish i could remember why. And i can't even remember what you look like now so it wasn't a silly one based on your appearance either :)

Sowwy  :-[
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 03:50:30 PM by Mackem Steve »

Offline Anita_Shorty

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2014, 08:12:10 PM »
No, there was a reason i thought that, it wasn't just an assumption. Only i can't remember what it was now lol Certainly not a generalization based on some silly pre conception like 'because you like women's football' or owt like that! I don't do generalizations you should know that.

Anyway apologies if i was wrong i just wish i could remember why. And i can't even remember what you look like now so it wasn't a silly one based on your appearance either :)

Sowwy  :-[

Im jesting Steve.

Yes my other half is a woman.

And if i think back - i think on a thread about half time pies / catering i mentioned "my gf takes sweets in her bag". And i suppose to look at i fit all the stereotypes too!

No need to apologise, i was just playing!

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2014, 06:20:33 PM »
Eeeeee ya little bloody tinker, winding me up  :D (That's the polite version ;))

Knew i'd seen it somewhere though. As for "fitting stereotypes" - to normal, none judgemental people there is no such thing as stereotypes, you are who you are. I have a few friends judgemental people would be convinced are gay, but they're happily married to women and have kids.