Author Topic: Change of Code  (Read 1685 times)

The Cabbage

Change of Code
« on: May 29, 2014, 12:35:08 PM »

The Scottish FA has announced the departure of Sheila Begbie MBE as Head of Girls’ and Women’s Football.

Sheila will take up a similar post at Scottish Rugby, having worked with the Scottish FA since 1998. In addition to being responsible for the strategic development of the game in Scotland, Sheila was vice chairperson of the UEFA Women’s Committee and a UEFA Match Delegate.

Stewart Regan, Scottish FA Chief Executive: “Sheila will be a loss to the Scottish FA. Her drive, commitment, expertise and connections across sport and politics have helped the women’s game take huge leaps forward at all levels.”

Sheila Begbie: “I am proud that we have significantly increased the number of women and girls playing the game, and with the help of an increasing number of clubs and volunteers, there is now a great foundation on which to build the game in the future.

“'I would like to thank my colleague Anna Signeul. I have worked very closely with her to develop a national and regional network of Performance Centres throughout Scotland. I have also developed many new skills and ideas through working with her and nothing would give me more pleasure than to see her qualify for a major tournament with our women's team.

“I would also like to thank sportscotland and the Scottish Government, specifically Shona Robison and Kenny MacAskill, for their support of women's sport in Scotland.

“Finally I would like to thank our Chief Executive, Stewart Regan, and the Scottish FA President and Board for their support and commitment to girls’ and women’s football in Scotland.”

Offline Dr Gonzo

• View Profile
Re: Change of Code
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 04:19:17 PM »
Gee that's strange, she was at the League Cup final the night before, a last bash before heading off...

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.u