Author Topic: mixed-football-extension-agreed-u16  (Read 5408 times)

Offline fairfootball

• View Profile
    • fairfootball.co.uk
Re: mixed-football-extension-agreed-u16
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2014, 05:33:17 PM »
Don't know about the UK but females are 42% of players where I live.  That's a pretty weak minority.

Direct feedback is great evidence.

I don’t know where you live but in the UK the last time I looked the percentage of men actively participating (not just spectating) was about 2%.  I have no idea the percentage of women but I think I can safely say a lot less than 1%.  On a day when we have been informed that a third of  women under 20 in the UK are obese, isn’t’ it about time that we concentrated less on the tiny minority of women who play women’s football and paid more attention to making the game accessible to all?  It’s a fantastic game for bringing physical activity to the masses.

Direct feedback is very useful but from such a tiny minority not really evidence.   Anyway those are already physically active, and are not the ones who I have any concern for!

Offline law10

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2014, 01:58:14 PM »
On a day when we have been informed that a third of  women under 20 in the UK are obese, isn’t it about time that we concentrated less on the tiny minority of women who play women’s football and paid more attention to making the game accessible to all?  Direct feedback is very useful but from such a tiny minority not really evidence.   Anyway those are already physically active, and are not the ones who I have any concern for!

That's like people dying in hospitals because they don't have enough help and saying I don't have time because I'm philosophizing on their health.

Offline fairfootball

• View Profile
    • fairfootball.co.uk
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2014, 06:11:13 PM »
I'm sorry, I haven't a clue as to what point you are making!

Offline raefil

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2014, 07:25:43 PM »
I'm sorry, I haven't a clue!
Fair enough.