Author Topic: mixed-football-extension-agreed-u16  (Read 13138 times)

The Cabbage

Re: mixed-football-extension-agreed-u16
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2014, 02:11:34 PM »
I'm glad I joined this site - haven't laughed so much since Liverpool ( mens ) blew the Premier League....... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
    • Sunderland AFC Ladies Facebook Fanpage
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2014, 04:20:02 PM »
I'm glad I joined this site - haven't laughed so much since Liverpool ( mens ) blew the Premier League....... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Do you mean joined, or rejoined? *Cough cough* ;)
"Sunderland have got a girl up front who is clinical - Beth Mead is one of the best strikers in the country, let alone our division - and it showed today." - Aston Villa Ladies Head Coach Joe Hunt

Offline raefil

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2014, 04:47:26 PM »

Do you mean joined, or rejoined? *Cough cough* ;)
Rejoine the "Elite" Steve :D

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2014, 09:12:27 PM »
A message from some people who are actually doing something about this problem:
http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/equality/womens-and-girls-football
Hum yes, and still participation of girls, and boys, is falling.   Perhaps it’s all my fault for pointing out the legal position,  making the FA have raise the age for mixed football.  Never mind only three years to go before women’s football is the second most popular team sport – or so the FA would have you believe!
Don't worry, nothing is your fault, that's merely a delusion.  The FA is at least doing something about these issues.  Your fundamental approach can be put right in three steps: by (i) showing some understanding of sport - there are some sports that are played by men and women separately, (ii) showing some understanding of football - it's obviously futile to try to get the rules changed, (iii) showing some understanding of the issues that women in football are facing - none of them wants to play mixed football.  After that you can then go away and think carefully about how to overcome any real or imaginary problems that you still think need addressing.  I'm sure we would be only too pleased to discuss them.  That's a fundamental recipe for approaching real-world problems :).  

What happens in other countries?  certainly in Norway talented girls get to play in boys' teams and a good example can be found in Cecilie Fiskerstrand.  There is short video about her on http://www.tv2.no/a/5548160 found by scrolling down and selecting the second page of videos.  This one opens with a shot of laces being tied, hairy legs, and a deep voice saying: "Our keeper is really fantastic" . . cut to Fiskerstrand doing some shot-saving.  The point is not mixed football, but girls who want to play and who are up to standard are welcomed into boys' teams (she has no ambitions to play in men's football in the long term).
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 10:15:03 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline andydinger

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2014, 06:26:06 PM »
Hehe Alan, he got you! You made the mistake that so many others on this and other forums have done of attempting to use logical argument... You foolish boy!!!  ;D

He will now "shoot down" your argument by claiming: (i) you are sexist for suggesting than any sport cannot be suitably butchered so men & women can play equally; (ii) you are dinosaur for not having faith in his huge persuasive power to get the rules of football changed; (iii) you cannot prove that absolutely NO women want to play the current (sexist) form of mixed football, ergo football must be changed.

Offline fairfootball

• View Profile
    • fairfootball.co.uk
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2014, 06:29:40 PM »
A message from some people who are actually doing something about this problem:
http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/equality/womens-and-girls-football
Hum yes, and still participation of girls, and boys, is falling.   Perhaps it’s all my fault for pointing out the legal position,  making the FA have raise the age for mixed football.  Never mind only three years to go before women’s football is the second most popular team sport – or so the FA would have you believe!
Don't worry, nothing is your fault, that's merely a delusion.  The FA is at least doing something about these issues.  Your fundamental approach can be put right in three steps: by (i) showing some understanding of sport - there are some sports that are played by men and women separately, (ii) showing some understanding of football - it's obviously futile to try to get the rules changed, (iii) showing some understanding of the issues that women in football are facing - none of them wants to play mixed football.  After that you can then go away and think carefully about how to overcome any real or imaginary problems that you still think need addressing.  I'm sure we would be only too pleased to discuss them.  That's a fundamental recipe for approaching real-world problems :)

What happens in other countries?  certainly in Norway talented girls get to play in boys' teams and a good example can be found in Cecilie Fiskerstrand.  There is short video about her on http://www.tv2.no/a/5548160 found by scrolling down and selecting the second page of videos.  This one opens with a shot of laces being tied, hairy legs, and a deep voice saying: "Our keeper is really fantastic" . . cut to Fiskerstrand doing some shot-saving.  The point is not mixed football, but girls who want to play and who are up to standard are welcomed into boys' teams (she has no ambitions to play in men's football in the long term).

Your faith in the FA is somewhat misplaced.   When I did the research for FairFootball, it soon became clear that the FA had been unlawfully discriminating against girls, over the age of 11, since the Sex Discrimination Act 1975 – that’s right, 1975, or put another way, almost 50 years before someone had the courage to do anything.  Absolutely disgusting!  The FA is not an organisation that I would put my trust in…. especially when it comes to women’s rights.

As for your assertion that women do not want to play football with men – where’s your evidence?  I know of no reliable research showing what they want, one way or the other.  The only certainty I can see is that women have never been given the opportunity, and instead been groomed by being fed the myth that they are not worthy enough to do so.   I see no logical reason why football cannot change its rules to allow women to play on equal terms with men.  Plenty of other industries have had to adjust their practices to do so – what’s special about football?  Or is it that I’m corrupting women by giving them unnatural ideas above their station – a dangerous subversive, as I’ve been called on this site?

Thank you for the information on mixed football in other countries.  Unfortunately my Norwegian language skills are non-existent.   However from what I can gather (with the exception of a few African countries, surprisingly), there is, like here, very strong cultural pressure to keep the sexes segregated.  Women and men cavorting together on a football field…. Ach-y-fi!!!

Offline law10

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2014, 06:46:37 PM »
As for your assertion that women do not want to play football with men – where’s your evidence?  I know of no reliable research showing what they want

Personally, I've known thousands of female players.  I don't read about them in books.  And virtually all of them, if told they had to play with men, would quit the game for women's hockey, ringette, rugby, handball, etc.

You can philosophize and try and split atoms but getting out and talking to women would be edifying.

Offline fairfootball

• View Profile
    • fairfootball.co.uk
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2014, 07:39:24 PM »
As for your assertion that women do not want to play football with men – where’s your evidence?  I know of no reliable research showing what they want

Personally, I've known thousands of female players.  I don't read about them in books.  And virtually all of them, if told they had to play with men, would quit the game for women's hockey, ringette, rugby, handball, etc.

You can philosophize and try and split atoms but getting out and talking to women would be edifying.

Players of women’s football are not only a select minority group, but also a self-selected sample. Although interesting would not amount to any meaningful evidence.

Offline law10

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2014, 08:07:18 PM »
Don't know about the UK but females are 42% of players where I live.  That's a pretty weak minority.

Direct feedback is great evidence.

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2014, 09:13:18 PM »
So he wants to change the rules of football but not only doesn't have any evidence but thinks gaining any would be pointless lol Anyone else think that the evidence that enough women (and men) that want to play mixed football to even consider making his SexistFootball work doesn't exist? I wonder if it's because there is hardly any interest in mixed football for girls above school age.

He wouldn't know what women want if one came up and punched him in the face.

Any takers?  ;)
"Sunderland have got a girl up front who is clinical - Beth Mead is one of the best strikers in the country, let alone our division - and it showed today." - Aston Villa Ladies Head Coach Joe Hunt

Offline andydinger

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2014, 11:03:29 PM »
I WIN: ;D
(iii) you cannot prove that absolutely NO women want to play the current (sexist) form of mixed football, ergo football must be changed.

As for your assertion that women do not want to play football with men – where’s your evidence?  I know of no reliable research showing what they want, one way or the other.  The only certainty I can see is that women have never been given the opportunity, and instead been groomed by being fed the myth that they are not worthy enough to do so.   I see no logical reason why football cannot change its rules to allow women to play on equal terms with men.
Players of women’s football are not only a select minority group, but also a self-selected sample. Although interesting would not amount to any meaningful evidence.

Offline fairfootball

• View Profile
    • fairfootball.co.uk
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2014, 08:38:26 AM »
So he wants to change the rules of football but not only doesn't have any evidence but thinks gaining any would be pointless lol Anyone else think that the evidence that enough women (and men) that want to play mixed football to even consider making his SexistFootball work doesn't exist? I wonder if it's because there is hardly any interest in mixed football for girls above school age.

Any takers?  ;)

I don’t mind being verbally insulted by you – it’s all part of this site.  However you have now crossed a line and you are inciting violence.   I see it as a joke but others may not – please remove this comment.

Offline raefil

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2014, 09:35:53 AM »
snigger  ;D

Offline fairfootball

• View Profile
    • fairfootball.co.uk
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2014, 10:23:50 AM »

Any takers?  ;)

I don’t mind being verbally insulted by you – it’s all part of this site.  However you have now crossed a line and you are inciting violence.   I see it as a joke but others may not – please remove this comment.

I take massive exception to all of your posts which I find distasteful and insulting - PLEASE REMOVE ALL YOUR POSTS

You have manipulated the quoting system to make out that I have asked someone to remove all their posts – I have not asked anyone to remove all their posts.

The Cabbage

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2014, 10:36:49 AM »
I think you know exactly what I mean-

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2014, 11:59:11 AM »
OK, I do apologize for what I said, which clearly wasn’t a joke and an actual threat of violence, what with me knowing who you are and where you live etc. I’ve called off all the women en route to your house to carry out my dastardly deed.

One of them has been in touch however and would like to set up a boxing match, of which the proceeds could be donated to charity. Of course women could not possibly fight on even with men terms so I’ve come up with a modified version to make it fair – I named it FairBoxing.

The man (debatable in your case but I’ll carry on) has a 2ft square box in the middle of the ring and must remain in that box for the whole duration of the round. He can only use whichever hand is not his normal one – so if he is left handed (southpaw) he’ll use his right, and vice versa. The “good” hand will be tied behind the back for safety reasons – we wouldn’t want the less able, weaker woman to take a real punch would we. He must wear boxing gloves 2 sizes too small. He can also only throw a punch during the “buzzer period” – this will be an ear piercing smoke alarm type of buzzer that will last for 30 seconds of each round. This particular rule is thrown in as a crowd pleaser and I’m sure will attract more and more people to FairBoxing.

The woman is allowed to move anywhere in the ring, can use both hands and a weapon of her choice. She will get boxing gloves (probably pink in colour) specially made to be a perfect fit, we know what these women are like for taking things back don’t we? This will eliminate that threat. They will also have a lead plate sown into each glove. This of course can be done by the woman, no need for any extra expense here. During the buzzer period she can summon a second woman who will be waiting in the corner, she will use exactly the same rules as stated above. The two women boxers and every woman in the arena will receive ear protection to protect them during the buzzer period. The men must have stethoscopes, turned to full, pressed up against the alarm sounding under their seat. (The arena of course being split in half, one side for the men and one for the women, we don’t want any physical contact).

So, what do you think? I’ve found one woman who thinks it’s a good idea, maybe that’s enough to start my own website and start (rudely, obviously) emailing the powers that be to completely change boxing forever. And if they ask me what evidence I have that this is what men, women and spectators want I’ll just fob them off by telling them researching and gaining evidence would be pointless.

I think I might seriously be onto something here…

Offline bilbobaggins

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2014, 12:31:56 PM »
im beggining to wonder if were all nuts on here!  ::)

The Cabbage

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2014, 12:35:59 PM »
It all makes perfect sense to me - good job Steve, cant wait to see the first round.... ;D

Offline fairfootball

• View Profile
    • fairfootball.co.uk
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2014, 01:26:45 PM »
OK, I do apologize for what I said, which clearly wasn’t a joke and an actual threat of violence, what with me knowing who you are and where you live etc. I’ve called off all the women en route to your house to carry out my dastardly deed.

One of them has been in touch however and would like to set up a boxing match, of which the proceeds could be donated to charity. Of course women could not possibly fight on even with men terms so I’ve come up with a modified version to make it fair – I named it FairBoxing.

The man (debatable in your case but I’ll carry on) has a 2ft square box in the middle of the ring and must remain in that box for the whole duration of the round. He can only use whichever hand is not his normal one – so if he is left handed (southpaw) he’ll use his right, and vice versa. The “good” hand will be tied behind the back for safety reasons – we wouldn’t want the less able, weaker woman to take a real punch would we. He must wear boxing gloves 2 sizes too small. He can also only throw a punch during the “buzzer period” – this will be an ear piercing smoke alarm type of buzzer that will last for 30 seconds of each round. This particular rule is thrown in as a crowd pleaser and I’m sure will attract more and more people to FairBoxing.

The woman is allowed to move anywhere in the ring, can use both hands and a weapon of her choice. She will get boxing gloves (probably pink in colour) specially made to be a perfect fit, we know what these women are like for taking things back don’t we? This will eliminate that threat. They will also have a lead plate sown into each glove. This of course can be done by the woman, no need for any extra expense here. During the buzzer period she can summon a second woman who will be waiting in the corner, she will use exactly the same rules as stated above. The two women boxers and every woman in the arena will receive ear protection to protect them during the buzzer period. The men must have stethoscopes, turned to full, pressed up against the alarm sounding under their seat. (The arena of course being split in half, one side for the men and one for the women, we don’t want any physical contact).

So, what do you think? I’ve found one woman who thinks it’s a good idea, maybe that’s enough to start my own website and start (rudely, obviously) emailing the powers that be to completely change boxing forever. And if they ask me what evidence I have that this is what men, women and spectators want I’ll just fob them off by telling them researching and gaining evidence would be pointless.

I think I might seriously be onto something here…

Please don’t call off the women – best offer I’ve had for a long time!

Interesting proposal your FairBoxing, however you’ve forgotten the diagonal line across from the neutral corners, with the first to cross the line forfeiting the contest – can’t have any contact between the sexes now, can we….. or am I missing something?

Offline bilbobaggins

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2014, 03:07:24 PM »
grey cells?