Author Topic: Kerr to step down  (Read 5562 times)

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Kerr to step down
« on: May 25, 2014, 06:13:45 PM »
Arsenal website has a news item which says Shelly Kerr will step down after next weekends FA Cup final game against Everton

Offline raefil

• View Profile
Re: Kerr to step down
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 06:24:24 PM »
Sad days for me, the womens game is rapidly following the mistakes of the mens game.  :(

Offline lanesra

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 06:36:13 PM »
Needed to go four straight defeats and no goals scored in all of them!
Plus transfer window due to open soon
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 06:40:23 PM by lanesra »

49yardtapin

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 06:50:53 PM »
Sad days for me, the womens game is rapidly following the mistakes of the mens game.  :(

It's a results business.

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
    • Sunderland AFC Ladies Facebook Fanpage
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2014, 06:55:48 PM »

It's a results business.

Nobody told Fergie that in his first few season's in charge, and that didn't turn out too badly  :P
"Sunderland have got a girl up front who is clinical - Beth Mead is one of the best strikers in the country, let alone our division - and it showed today." - Aston Villa Ladies Head Coach Joe Hunt

The Cabbage

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2014, 07:11:04 PM »
It's a different game now and hindsight is great but it is all about results and no win in 4 league games tells it's own story-

Offline cardy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2014, 08:49:40 PM »
I think in this case it's a little more than the losses. They just cemented her fate

Offline raefil

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2014, 07:49:51 AM »
I think in this case it's a little more than the losses. They just cemented her fate
Ah yes, thats right, the players didnt take to her, poor mites!  Thats a little lie the mens game aswell.

Offline cardy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2014, 09:07:09 AM »
Shelley allegedly made some mistakes when she arrived at arsenal. The changes in the league gave players choices to move to other clubs on probably better deals. All this depleted the squad leaving shelley having to recruit from abroad.  She brought in some 'elderly' players. Yes experience is needed, but it contradicted the theory of a mass clear out of spoilt brat elderly players. Other clubs jumping to get them! Some players had four or five to choose from.

Multiple reasons but ultimately leaving arsenal in a mess. Probably Vic will step in again. So was she pushed, did she go before she was sacked. Whatever .... It's made for a better league with more competition.

Hopefully a better choice will be made.. But they've missed the boat for the better established managers.

Offline bilbobaggins

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2014, 10:49:04 AM »
i hope vic steps in, if not guess who may take over?.
i can see another * out campaign already.

Offline charlie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2014, 11:21:50 AM »
I hope he steps in. Can't think he would allow anyone else to. Maybe the club should take more heed from Vic !

49yardtapin

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2014, 06:28:37 PM »
Sad days for me, the womens game is rapidly following the mistakes of the mens game.  :(

It's a results business.

Nobody told Fergie that in his first few season's in charge, and that didn't turn out too badly  :P

I think they did. Anyway Fergie wasn't bottom of the league, and as far as I know Vic doesn't have the shiny FA required UEFA 'A' Licence which makes you brilliant and stuff...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 06:31:37 PM by 49yardtapin »

The Cabbage

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2014, 08:00:15 PM »
If they want a good scottish manager they should have a look at the guy in charge of Glasgow City- he must be in need of a new challenge....

49yardtapin

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2014, 09:50:11 PM »
Good shout

Offline raefil

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2014, 08:08:10 AM »
Hope Powell is looking for work. ;)

Offline bilbobaggins

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2014, 09:07:12 AM »
Hope Powell is looking for work. ;)

is she?

The Cabbage

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2014, 02:31:53 PM »
probably looking for another coaching job - doesn't she live near London?

Offline sylvain

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2014, 12:27:32 PM »
Curious decision to step down. I mean why start a full rebuilding job from scratch and then leave when the team is bottom of the League. She could have worked during the summer break to bring new players and improve the team. After all 10 League games to go 10 wins would have been enough to secure a champions league place surely...

The funniest thing is that Casey Stoney interview : http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27489117

"If the team is not winning then questions are asked of the manager and the players and we must all accept responsibility. One of the fans at a recent game abused Shelley so badly I don't know how he didn't get thrown out of the stadium, but when you hear things like that you wonder if that has an effect. "

Seems like Ken has been barking a bit, I heard he called her a pratt. Not very respectful from him but quite the usual stuff..

The Cabbage

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2014, 01:14:52 PM »
Why does a summer league have a summer break ?

Offline sylvain

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2014, 01:18:45 PM »
Because the FA likes it that way  :P no rational reason this season