Forum Announcements > Introduce Yourself

So football for women has arrived.

(1/2) > >>

Snow Goose:
Hey :D

I wanted to join this, as a more 'mature' lady - because I am so pleased to see women's football out there. It still needs more air time. I am tired of all the news re men's football and not enough women's, they are far better tactical team players.

When I asked my headmaster in the 80s  if I (we, a group of girls) could play football, he stated definitely 'NO' because girls might damage
their 'chests'. Can you believe.  :-\ So I missed the chance to learn or play it, but did athletics, tennis hockey etc. 
I realised I haven't been to a live match yet - I want to see England Cup qualifiers and the friendly against Sweden in August - where do I find this out? What home team do I support? I don't know yet!

David:
Welcome to the forum ! :-)

bilbobaggins:
there,s a lot to be said for being a neutral and enjoying a lot of cheap games (even free) .
i suppose we all pick our national team and one other local team, others travel thousands of miles a year.
uk TV seems to have a lot more to watch nowadays though.

Mackem Steve:

--- Quote from: Snow Goose on May 10, 2014, 11:10:58 AM ---
When I asked my headmaster in the 80s  if I (we, a group of girls) could play football, he stated definitely 'NO' because girls might damage
their 'chests'. Can you believe.  

--- End quote ---

You should have replied "We don't kick the ball with our chests, are you stupid?". It would have been worth the detention  :)

--- Quote from: Snow Goose on May 10, 2014, 11:10:58 AM --- What home team do I support?

--- End quote ---

Where are you based? There's a tremendous team play in red and white somewhere up the the North East  :D ;)

Welcome to the forum.

law10:
Classic.  Ah memories of women's training sessions in the 80s... the layered hair, the bad nylon shorts.

Nice start and welcome.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version