Author Topic: Caroline Graham Hansen  (Read 5551 times)

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Caroline Graham Hansen
« on: May 08, 2014, 02:08:38 PM »
Caroline Graham Hansen has signed a contract with Germany's top club Wolfsburg.  She is currently with Norway's top club Stabæk and last night played 90 minutes in Norway's 2-0 win over Portugal in World Cup 2015 qualification.

Supertalent Hansen could pick and choose among the top clubs of Europe when she decided to play abroad.  The best offer came from Wolfsburg, and NRK understands that the contract was signed today.  "Wolfsburg were really interested and the trainer has said that he wants to train me.  I feel I could develop there and take the further steps I need to take as a footballer", said Hansen after the contract was signed.

Wolfsburg won the Champions League last year and is due to play the Final against Tyresö this year.  Hansen is well aware that she is going to a club that has ambitions to win everything.  "They won all there was to win last year so they are a big club.  They have extremely many good players and a good support team, so I am certain that I will be well looked after there.  I think it will be really good", said the 19-year-old.

NRK understands that Hansen will earn around £100,000 per year at Wolfsburg.  In addition to that there are sponsorship goods and an apartment.  How long she will be at the club is difficult to speculate about.  "Time will tell.  If it goes well I could be there many years.  It's a club that wants to be at the top and perhaps take over the place that Olympique Lyonnais has had for the last five or six years.  It could be cool to be with them on that journey", said Caroline Graham Hansen.

Peter Mørtvedt, NRK
Article + picture: http://www.nrk.no/sport/fotball/graham-hansen-klar-for-wolfsburg-1.11706693
Here she is in a clip made before yesterday's match, setting up chances in the last match against Belgium, and being interviewed: http://www.nrk.no/sport/videoklipp/for-vm-kval-norge-portugal.-1.11703294

Wolfsburg is one of the heavyweights in the women's Bundesliga.  In the Champions League semifinal they beat Turbine Potsdam in front of 11,000 spectators.  The club has 14 full-time professionals and expects to transfer to its own stadium in the autumn.    

Hansen used Jim Solbakken as her agent in the discussions, the same as the Hegerberg sisters, also from Norway, when they joined Turbine Potsdam at the end of 2012.  She wants to contribute to raising the profile of women's football in Norway.  "You get a name from your performances and becoming a role-model.  I want to raise up women's football so that people will want to come and watch it.  It's important that someone tries to step forward and do spectacular things on the field.  Just now that hasn't happened yet", Hansen told VG before the present season that opened on April 21.

Now Wolfsburg will have the use of Hansen's talents.  The club is sponsored by VW-Audi which is based in the town.  Yesterday Norway beat Portugal 2-0 and she set up the second goal.

Camilla Vesteng, Mikal Aaserud http://www.vg.no/sport/kvinnefotball/graham-hansen-forlater-norsk-fotball/a/10147906/

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 04:36:05 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
"Can't speak a word of German" - Hansen
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 08:27:31 PM »
Supertalent Caroline Graham Hansen signed a two-year contract with VfL Wolfsburg yesterday.  Now she has to learn German in record time.  "I don't know a word of German, so I have to learn it as quickly as possible.  I'm moving to Germany in July and must find time to learn the language", she told VG.

She will complete the spring season with Stabæk before the next stop is Wolfsburg, which regularly attracts a 10,000 crowd to its home matches, and she might find herself soon watching the Champions League Final against the club she left earlier in the year - Tyresö in Stockholm.

"How will it be to miss the Final between the two clubs you are connected with?" - "It's a conscious decision I took when I left Tyresö to complete school at home in Norway.  I reckon there might be a few chances ahead to play in another Final", said 19-year-old Hansen.  "I'm looking forward to watching the match on TV".  The Final is to be played in Lisbon on May 22.

Awaiting her in her new club is a salary of a round £100,000 per year, plus bonuses and sponsorship, as well as her normal salary as a Norwegian national team player.  "I don't want to say anything about the pay, but I will have enough to get by on", she said.

She has been training with Stabæk's junior men in the last months and thinks it has given her a solid basis.  "It has been real fun to train with them.  I have been able to train at a much higher tempo and become much more concentrated", said Hansen.

Tomorrow Stabæk and Graham Hansen will play their 4th-round Norwegian league match against Avaldsnes:  Stabæk are on top with seven points, while Avaldsnes are in fourth place with six.  

Per Opsahl, VG Sporten
Article, photos and video: http://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/kvinnefotball/graham-hansen-kan-ikke-ett-ord-tysk/a/10147993/
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 04:29:19 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Caroline Graham Hansen interview
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 11:18:50 PM »
After Norway's World Cup qualification match on April 10 Caro was interviewed in the Belgian media: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90ljwTxU3l0
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 11:29:57 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
"She took a place my son should have had!"
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 10:33:59 PM »
Caroline Graham Hansen spent a lot of time in boys' teams on the way up to the top.  She was not always received happily by her teammates' parents.  It isn't always easy to be good.  Caroline Graham Hansen thanks her parents for her success and is hoping they will come and visit her in Germany.  

"Norway's Under-19s are playing in the Euros on home pitches.  Were you ever in the frame to join them?" - "Yes, I was, and I really wanted to, but the timing did not fit with my move to Wolfsburg.  I hadn't had a break and Wolfsburg were not too keen on the idea.  In Germany the youth championships are for those who are not part of the A-team yet.  Actually it isn't very common to play senior football when you are 19 or 20, only the best ones do that".

"Do you feel ready for Germany?" - "Yes and I'm really looking forward to it.  It's an exciting challenge and I hope everything will fall into place".

"Are you going alone?" - "Yes, but I reckon on having some visits.  I hope my family won't leave me totally".

"Plenty of clubs were interested.  What attracted you to Wolfsburg?" - "I had the feeling that the trainer really wants to train me.  When you feel that you have to jump at the chance".

"At Stabæk you trained with the men's second team.  How early did you start in boys' teams?" - "I always played with boys, and my team was always a boys' team.  After a while I combined it with playing in a girls' team but at Lyn I played with the boys until I joined Stabæk".

"Have there been any reactions to that over the years?" - "Yes, there have! but I think my Dad screened me from most of it.  He had to take a lot, and I got to hear about it a long time afterwards".

"What was it about, mainly?" - "It was, 'she's a girl and she's taking a place in the team that my son should have had'.  A bit like that.  But in fact if I was better than them I had a right to a place".

"In Sweden you played in the team alongside Marta - five times voted the word's best woman footballer.  Are you the new Marta?" - "I don't think a lot about that.  I aim to have fun and entertain the public when I play.  I think it's fun to play football when you are allowed to challenge players and leave them behind".

"You are often described with glowing words.  Does that put pressure on you?" - "Yes but I feel it's the pressure of expectation.  The biggest pressure is what I put on myself.  I'm good at leaving out the other pressure".

"Who is your idol on the football field?" - "I have many.  I look up to the best men players like Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar.  I have a lot of admiration for what Zidane did.  All the time I try to emulate the best and study what it is that makes them so extremely good.  It's a motivation to go out and train more".

"Have you tried other sports?" - "I have played bandy, golf and skiing.  But when they clashed with football I gave them up.  My dad really enjoys golf, but I haven't enough patience for it really.  Every time a ball goes wrong I throw the club down, I am so upset".

"So you have a temperament?" - "Yes, a bit.  Not so much as to lose my head.  I think everyone with a competitive instinct has a little temperament.  When I competed with my dad I never got anything free.  When I was little he ran away from me backwards just to show he was better than me.  It has made me into a frightfully bad loser".

"What have your parents meant for your career?" - "Everything.  I always had lunches made and was always driven to and from school, and I would say it's a factor in my success.  There might be others out there who haven't succeeded because they don't have parents who follow them up in the same way".

"If you weren't playing football, what would you do?" - "I have thought about that.  An injury can suddenly end your career.  I have said that if I hadn't played football I would be a fighter pilot, so that can stand for now.  But I couldn't do that at the same time as football".

Wind back a few years to the day when Caroline Graham Hansen had dribbled past two boys and left them sprawling, only to go on and score yet another goal.  Mats Møller Dæhli and his teammates could only smile.  "I remember we stood and looked at each other.  She hammered in her tenth goal of the day after passing three defenders, and two of them were still down when she ran back past them", said Dæhli to Aftenposten.

He and Caroline Graham Hansen were in the same class at NTG as teenagers and have known each other since they started at Lyn as seven-year-olds.  "All the other boys played at junior level, so it was a good standard of players", said Dæhli of the team they played in.  

The Cardiff professional says that he knew early that his friend had a big talent and he does not know another girl with the same skills.  "Caroline is fantastically good one-to-one.  She can score, she can set other players up, and as well as that she is extremey good at moving the ball along at high speed", he said.

When Graham Hansen is asked which trainers have meant the most to her, she mentions the trainers she had at Lyn.  One of them is Tromsø 2's trainer Lars Petter Andressen, who trained Lyn's boys when she was between 14 and 16.  "She managed very well and also trained with boys who were a year older", said Andressen.

Like Mats Møller Dæhli he spotted Hansen's talent early.  "You saw that she was not just a good footballer but how dedicated she was.  There are many who go to training just to train, but she did high-quality training the whole time", said Andressen, who says she has gained skills for all time from her time matched with very good boy players.  

Pernille Ingebrigtsen http://www.aftenposten.no/100Sport/fotball/kvinner/Hun-er-jente_-og-tar-opp-en-plass-pa-laget-sonnen-min-skulle-hatt-447736_1.snd

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 10:31:41 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Training culture "a shock"
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 03:52:15 AM »
19-year-old Caroline Graham Hansen is now in place at the big German club Wolfsburg.  She has had an introduction to the German training culture.

"I knew it was going to be tough, but here today we had a really hard session in the morning and then another one, equally hard, in the afternoon.  I thought we might have an easy day after that, but instead it was full on all week.  It never stopped", Graham Hansen told VG.

The talented Norwegian left Stabæk for Wolfsburg in July.  Her new club has won the Champions League and the Bundesliga this year and last.  She can speak no German and the first two weeks have been a challenge.  "I didn't know what anyone was saying, so I didn't know what routines we were going to do", she said.  

The Bundesliga starts at the end of August and she is impressed by the professionalism at Wolfsburg.  "Here it's really professional.  The support team works very well and they know exactly every player's detailed needs.  I am certain they want me to be in top form when the season begins", said Graham Hansen.

She aims to play herself into the team and contribute to Wolfsburg's success in the next few years.  Part of it is to develop herself as a player - and to learn German.  "That is my biggest challenge.  Everything else is just fun.  But the club has arranged lessons now and I just have to learn as fast as I can", she said.

Her apartment in Wolfsburg was ready for her when she arrived in Germany last week.  From what VG understands that with her basic pay, bonuses and sponsorship, she will earn around £100,000 per year.  "It's great to be paid.  I didn't get any pay where I come from", she said.  

Øyvind Askeland http://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/tysk-fotball/graham-hansen-fikk-treningssjokk-i-tyskland/a/23263635/
(in the article there is a video with an exceptional goal in the Norway-Belgium match last year)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 10:19:38 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Caro in good company
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 05:44:03 PM »
Caroline Graham Hansen was in the starting eleven for Wolfsburg in their training match against Gütersloh last week, and scored the first goal after 17 minutes in a 4-1 win.  Among her teammates were Luisa Wensing, Nilla Fischer from Sweden, Babette Peter, Lena Goeßling, Verena Faißt and Martine Müller.  Wolfsburg's subs later in the match included Anna Blässe and Alexandra Popp.  A parade of top international players.  So, some good company for Caro there.  More: http://www.womensfootball.eu/forum/index.php/topic,7906.msg80195.html#msg80195

Bundesliga debut against Freiburg 30-08-2014: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuamEsp-r9U
Full match: http://tv.dfb.de/video/vfl-wolfsburg-vs-sc-freiburg/9390/  (Hansen #26)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 08:56:26 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Hansen the tricks champion - so far
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 06:04:51 PM »
Norway's football men have been beaten in a tricks competition by one of the country's women.  The contest was arranged by the Norwegian FA for the men's and women's national squads.

The challenge was to keep a tennis ball in the air.  The winner beat Morten Gamst Pedersen, Anders Konradsen, Stefan Johansen, Tom Høgli, Ruben Yttergård Jenssen and Ola Kamara.  19-year-old Caroline Graham Hansen with a score of 52 beat the runner-up Ola Kamara by a margin of twenty.  

"Yes, fifty-two, and it wasn't easy.  But I know that Mats (Møller Dæhli), Tarik (Elyounoussi) and his brother 'Moi' are good technically, so I expect they will beat it", said Hansen.  "So I'm putting pressure on you, boys!".

The NFF put the first tricks film out on September 7.  Can anyone beat Caro?      

Fredrik Saltbones - Aftenposten
Article and video: http://www.aftenposten.no/100Sport/fotball/landslaget/Se-Graham-Hansen-knuse-landslagsgutta-i-triksing-462563_1.snd#.VBhCmJo4dMk.facebook

Since then, Caro's record has been nearly doubled:
http://www.womensfootball.eu/forum/index.php/topic,7815.msg80673.html#msg80673
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 09:24:32 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Goal and assist for Caro
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2014, 08:38:26 PM »
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 09:44:11 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Caro sinks Stabæk - again
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2014, 09:43:56 AM »
Norwegian Caroline Graham Hansen showed no mercy to her old teammates yesterday in the Champions League.  The 19-year-old scored both Wolfsburg's goals in the German club's 2-1 win at home after they had won last week's match 1-0 in Oslo.

Only twelve minutes into the match the Norwegian teenager scored for Wolfsburg.  Melissa Wiik equalised after ten minutes of the second half, but with six minutes left Hansen scored her second goal in front of 1234 spectators.

"It was special to meet my old teammates from Stabæk; we said 'thanks for the match' and we are still good friends, even if some are really disappointed to be out of the Champions League", said Graham Hansen on the phone to VG after the match.

Until the 84th minute when Hansen scored the 2-1 goal, Stabæk could have gone through by scoring one more away goal.  But with a 3-1 aggregate score there was no doubt in the end and Wolfsburg are through to a meeting with Austrian champions Neulengbach in the next round.  Wolfsburg are the 2014 champions after having beaten Tyresö on May 22, and Stabæk come out of this encounter with honour intact.

"It's expected that we we will go a long way in the German cup competition, and this win was important because if we win the Champions League again we will be the first club to do it three times in a row.  With the players we have, it should be possible, so we'll see how far we get", said Graham Hansen.  She did not celebrate her two goals, which was noticed and appreciated by Stabæk Support.

She went to Wolfsburg from Stabæk in the summer and has shown that she has adapted well.  "The level is higher here, which I knew before I arrived.  The message I had was that they wanted to develop my game and I feel I have been involved in a lot of our attacking play this season.  It's always fun to score goals, but I have always said I am here to develop as a footballer", she said.  At Wolfsburg she has the #26 shirt that formerly belonged to Conny Pohlers.        

Sverre Norberg-Schultz Hagen - VG/NTB
http://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/kvinnefotball/graham-hansen-senket-stabaek-igjen/a/23317249/

« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 06:03:28 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.