Author Topic: Mixed gender team games  (Read 4015 times)

Offline fairfootball

• View Profile
    • fairfootball.co.uk
Mixed gender team games
« on: April 24, 2014, 09:40:35 PM »
For all those who went into a state of near apoplexy over my FairFootball proposals could I suggest that they click on the link http://vimeo.com/90861735  to see how mixed gender basketball has been introduced to the USA by similar minor modifications to the rules.

It’s only a matter of time before they will do the same for football.   

Offline raefil

• View Profile
Re: Mixed gender team games
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 09:54:20 PM »
Youll excuse me if i dont bother  ;D

Offline BrianE

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 10:19:43 PM »
Basketball to all intents and purposes is a non contact sport. You're trying to compare apples with oranges.

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
    • Sunderland AFC Ladies Facebook Fanpage
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 10:21:45 PM »
I'll tell you what's a dangerous insect, that Hepatitis Bee.
"Sunderland have got a girl up front who is clinical - Beth Mead is one of the best strikers in the country, let alone our division - and it showed today." - Aston Villa Ladies Head Coach Joe Hunt

Sylvain

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 07:20:28 AM »
I've played mixed Basketball at Uni before and it is a positive move for one on one defending against women lmao

Offline bilbobaggins

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 09:19:32 AM »
mixed hockey is great too, but football would end up non contact.

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 10:58:13 AM »
Mixed nuts have been around for donkeys years, and they definitely work, especially with a nice cold pint of best ale to wash them down with.
"Sunderland have got a girl up front who is clinical - Beth Mead is one of the best strikers in the country, let alone our division - and it showed today." - Aston Villa Ladies Head Coach Joe Hunt

Offline raefil

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2014, 03:21:08 PM »
Fairfootball, Ive a proposition for you.  This is a Womens footall forum, so Id guess that pretty much everyone here is really into the womens game.  so why dont you try another site that, maybe maybe not would consider your proposals worthy of discussion, why not try a mens football forum, who knows you might get some interesting debate going on one  ;)  I`ll give you a personal invite to one that I use regularly. www.pne-online.net 

Offline bilbobaggins

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2014, 11:08:29 PM »
raefil, if all nutters were chucked off this forum, you would have no one to talk to.

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2014, 11:17:11 PM »
raefil, if all nutters were chucked off this forum, you would have no one to talk to.

So going by that logic that he would be left with no one to talk to if all nutters were chucked off the forum (including you apparently), he's the only sane person on here.

So, the solution is kick raefil off the forum, and we can all live happily ever after  ;)

OK fairfooty me old mate, what were you saying?  :D

Offline raefil

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2014, 08:32:32 PM »

So going by that logic that he would be left with no one to talk to if all nutters were chucked off the forum (including you apparently), he's the only sane person on here.

So, the solution is kick raefil off the forum, and we can all live happily ever after  ;)

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2014, 08:46:39 PM »
I don't know either, i was a bit tipsy when i wrote that  :D

Think i was implying you're the problem if you're the only sane one here or something. It made sense at the time and was obviously hilarious  ???

Offline raefil

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2014, 08:58:07 PM »
I don't know either, i was a bit tipsy when i wrote that  :D

Think i was implying you're the problem if you're the only sane one here or something. It made sense at the time and was obviously hilarious  ???

My wife tells me all the time that Im a problem lol, so youve all got it right, you lot are all totally sane but as for me, I dont even know what day it is :)

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2014, 09:18:05 PM »
Men are always the problem mate :)

As for not knowing what day it is tbh i had to think for a few seconds before i remembered, think that might be the after effects of a little too much red wine last night though  :)

Offline bilbobaggins

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2014, 10:23:49 AM »

apparently ?   

Offline fairfootball

• View Profile
    • fairfootball.co.uk
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2014, 09:05:44 AM »
I really don’t understand what all the fuss is about.  Mixed-gender basketball merely confirms what I’ve been espousing for years i.e. that all segregated team sport can be similarly changed.  What makes football special is that it is probably the easiest of all the games to modify – as if it was designed to be so on purpose!   If there is a UK women’s football team who wants to establish its position in history before the Yanks, then all it has to do is to cosy-up to a men’s team and arrange to play, the first ever, FairFootball game (rules at www.fairfootball.co.uk - so easy even some, but apparently not all, men can understand them).  Make sure a video is taken and posted on YouTube. Not only will fame be guaranteed, but more importantly, also annoy the sexist socks off parochial bigots. 

Offline raefil

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2014, 09:14:05 AM »
I really don’t understand what all the fuss is about.  Mixed-gender basketball merely confirms what I’ve been espousing for years i.e. that all segregated team sport can be similarly changed.  What makes football special is that it is probably the easiest of all the games to modify – as if it was designed to be so on purpose!   If there is a UK women’s football team who wants to establish its position in history before the Yanks, then all it has to do is to cosy-up to a men’s team and arrange to play, the first ever, FairFootball game (rules at www.fairfootball.co.uk - so easy even some, but apparently not all, men can understand them).  Make sure a video is taken and posted on YouTube. Not only will fame be guaranteed, but more importantly, also annoy the sexist socks off parochial bigots. 
You dont get it, do you, i watch both mens and womens football, i enjoy both. My daughters play in the womens game, love very minute of it, theyve even played with lads as theyve grown up.  Heres the bottom line, they now, at their ages, want to play in womens football. All the girls they play with want to play in womens football, I want to watch womens football, i want to watch mens football. Plain and simply I dont want to watch the game that youve cooked up.  Start t as a new sport if you want, please feel free. I wish you well. But for goodness sake start your own forum, build your own support amongst people who will turn round to you, slap you on the back and say well done.  This isnt the place, matey, were, if you havent noticed, into the womens game. Get it?

but no you wont get it because in your little world youre right and the millions of the games lovers around the world are wrong.

Offline fairfootball

• View Profile
    • fairfootball.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2014, 01:58:11 PM »
You dont get it, do you, i watch both mens and womens football, i enjoy both. My daughters play in the womens game, love very minute of it, theyve even played with lads as theyve grown up.  Heres the bottom line, they now, at their ages, want to play in womens football. All the girls they play with want to play in womens football, I want to watch womens football, i want to watch mens football. Plain and simply I dont want to watch the game that youve cooked up.  Start t as a new sport if you want, please feel free. I wish you well. But for goodness sake start your own forum, build your own support amongst people who will turn round to you, slap you on the back and say well done.  This isnt the place, matey, were, if you havent noticed, into the womens game. Get it?

but no you wont get it because in your little world youre right and the millions of the games lovers around the world are wrong.

In my world team games are used by men to exclude, stereotype and control women to their immense disadvantage, especially in countries not so fortunate as ours.  Due to its popularity football is by far the biggest culprit, where there has never been any moral, and now no practical, validity for the complete segregation of the genders.  Football is still living with the misogynistic attitudes of the 19th Century.  It needs to change and that applies to women as well as men.
I’m sure that your daughters will appreciate you for keeping them away from the corruptive influence of men football players and will similarly applaud your gallant defence of their right to be discriminated against.  But as you say I live in a little world!

Sylvain

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2014, 02:12:57 PM »
papy mougeot sors de ce corps  ::)

Offline law10

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2014, 02:53:55 PM »
raefil - thank you.