Author Topic: FA WSL Continental Cup 2014  (Read 10743 times)

Offline Anita_Shorty

• View Profile
Re: FA WSL Continental Cup 2014
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2014, 08:19:54 AM »
We went to Manchester for the City Liverpool game.
Not a good night all in all - had to go to the ticket office to collect tickets left for us by a player - upon getting there - all the printers had broke so no one could get tickets! Had a 20 minute or so wait there, then when we actually got to the ground you couldn't really see much for the low sun! Not a fan of the seating area being set back from the pitch either - felt like we needed binoculars! And then the less said about the result and match itself the better I think!

Sylvain

« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2014, 08:36:11 AM »
Reading 2 Arsenal 0

Reading parked the bus and played on the counter with Kirby.
Arsenal never found the key, Smith did not get out of the bench.
Kerr rotated a few players and position putting Hoogendjik Stoney v Kirby...
Suffice to say Kirby made many runs and 2 goals before HT and Williamson switch to midfield to patrol in front of the center backs.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 11:59:02 AM by Sylvain »

Offline raefil

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2014, 04:27:31 PM »
Not a good night all in all - had to go to the ticket office to collect tickets left for us by a player - upon getting there - all the printers had broke so no one could get tickets! Had a 20 minute or so wait there, then when we actually got to the ground you couldn't really see much for the low sun! Not a fan of the seating area being set back from the pitch either - felt like we needed binoculars! And then the less said about the result and match itself the better I think!
Wasnt good how the Stewards cleared the ground out immediately after the final whistle either. Theyll have to learn that there is interaction between players and support. Its not the mens game.

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
    • Sunderland AFC Ladies Facebook Fanpage
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2014, 05:49:39 PM »
Tonight, Belles went 2 down to sunderland and were worthy winners. If they play like that for the rest of the season, then promotion is guaranteed. A pleasure to watch an organised and committed team. Belles did not turn up for most of the 90 mins.

A tale of two halves to use an old cliche :)

We easily had the better of the first half and pretty much battered them. They had the second half hitting the woodwork twice, having a chance cleared off the line and forcing a great double save from Rachael Laws.

The difference was when we had our period we were more clinical. The move for our first goal was superb, finished even more superbly by Beth Mead. If that had been scored by a mens team it would be shown on the highlights all week!

Here's the highlights anyway, i'll let you all decide  :-X

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOhLOjnFEOM
"Sunderland have got a girl up front who is clinical - Beth Mead is one of the best strikers in the country, let alone our division - and it showed today." - Aston Villa Ladies Head Coach Joe Hunt

Offline Anita_Shorty

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2014, 07:25:10 AM »
Wasnt good how the Stewards cleared the ground out immediately after the final whistle either. Theyll have to learn that there is interaction between players and support. Its not the mens game.

Did they? We hung back for about 5 mins after the final whistle - and i think the rest of the travelling Liverpool girls hung around and spoke to the players afterwards.

Offline raefil

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2014, 08:11:33 AM »
Glen Harris ‏@GlenHarris11  May 14
@FAWSL must say very disappointing football experience at man city queues for tickets printer not working. No toilets inside ground1/2

Glen Harris ‏@GlenHarris11  May 14
@FAWSL jobs worth stewards clearing fans out without chance to interact with players big strength of wsl They have a lot to learn. #criteria

Offline andydinger

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2014, 08:27:38 AM »
Reading parked the bus and played on the counter with Kirby.

Or "parked the train" as Jayne described it!

Then again, when you have someone who can outpace Alex Scott, let alone every CB in the WSL, then I suspect there's going to be an easy way of scoring: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDOrKPN01w4&list=UUnQpt1UxLq00NFULxTDHMww&feature=share&index=1

Offline sylvain

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2014, 12:11:22 PM »
So group 1 table looks like this at the moment :

1. Chelsea 9 pts pl 4 GD +6
2. Reading 7 pts pl 4 GD +8
3. Arsenal 6 pts pl 3 GD +4
4. Millwall 5 pts pl 4 GD -3
5. Watford 3 pts pl 4 GD -6
6. London Bees 1 pt pl 4 GD -9

Extract from the competition rules :

Only players registered for a Club shall be eligible to play for that Club in any one Season. A player shall not play for more than one Club in the League Cup Competition during any one Season. A Club playing an ineligible player shall be removed from the Competition, and be subject to a fine as decided by the Management Committee.

Offline raefil

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2014, 01:02:27 PM »
So group 1 table looks like this at the moment :

1. Chelsea 9 pts pl 4 GD +6
2. Reading 7 pts pl 4 GD +8
3. Arsenal 6 pts pl 3 GD +4
4. Millwall 5 pts pl 4 GD -3
5. Watford 3 pts pl 4 GD -6
6. London Bees 1 pt pl 4 GD -9

Extract from the competition rules :

Only players registered for a Club shall be eligible to play for that Club in any one Season. A player shall not play for more than one Club in the League Cup Competition during any one Season. A Club playing an ineligible player shall be removed from the Competition, and be subject to a fine as decided by the Management Committee.
So it looks like Reading could be deducted points and fined for playing an ineligable player then, I believe Harwood has turned out also for Watford in the conti cup!

Offline sylvain

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2014, 01:04:35 PM »
I think they will be kicked out as per the rules, so what happens to the points ?  
Their results were

Reading 1 Chelsea 2
Millwall 1 Reading 1
Reading 2 Arsenal 0
London Bees 1 Reading 8

so if all the opponents are all awarded a win we would be on :

1. Chelsea 9 pts pl 4
2. Arsenal 9 pts pl 3
3. Millwall 7 pts pl 4
4. Watford 6 pts pl 5
5.  London Bees 4 pts pl 4
6. Reading 0 pt pl 5
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 04:17:01 PM by sylvain »

Offline Anita_Shorty

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2014, 05:20:47 PM »
Reports on twitter that Reading have ben disqualified from the competition

Offline andydinger

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2014, 07:03:56 AM »

Offline Anita_Shorty

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2014, 08:16:44 AM »
Am i just being blonde - but how can you fail to realise one of your players is cup tied?
Surely the player herself would have known.

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2014, 09:18:08 AM »
Aliens? The government? It's all a conspiracy i tells tha  ;)

P.S. Can our game v Everton be cancelled this week so we don't risk losing any players through injury for the second half of our promotion push  :D
"Sunderland have got a girl up front who is clinical - Beth Mead is one of the best strikers in the country, let alone our division - and it showed today." - Aston Villa Ladies Head Coach Joe Hunt

Offline sylvain

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2014, 09:37:27 AM »
Am i just being blonde - but how can you fail to realise one of your players is cup tied?
My understanding is no...

Aliens? The government? It's all a conspiracy i tells tha  ;)

P.S. Can our game v Everton be cancelled this week so we don't risk losing any players through injury for the second half of our promotion push  :D

Reserve team can play  ;) as long as players are registered

Offline Anita_Shorty

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2014, 01:05:55 PM »
My understanding is no...
Aliens? The government? It's all a conspiracy i tells tha  ;)

P.S. Can our game v Everton be cancelled this week so we don't risk losing any players through injury for the second half of our promotion push  :D

Is that no i am not being blonde - or no the player would not have known she was cup tied?

Offline sylvain

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2014, 01:09:54 PM »
The player did not understand she was cup tied  ;)

Offline sylvain

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2014, 01:16:17 PM »
Reading Women FC have been removed from The FA WSL Continental Cup for fielding an ineligible player.

The club admitted a charged by the League (FA WSL) for fielding an ineligible player in their FA WSL Continental Cup match on Sunday 6 July 2014 against London Bees.

It was alleged that Bonnie Horwood, who started in the match, had previously appeared in the Cup on three occasions for Watford LFC, contrary to the competition rules.

The League Management Committee, in accordance with League rules, has therefore determined that:-

- Reading WFC be removed from The FA WSL Continental Cup with immediate effect.
- Reading WFC do not play their scheduled final fixture on 12 July against Watford LFC and instead Watford LFC be awarded three points.
- The three points gained in the Cup fixture against London Bees on 6 July 2014 be deducted from Reading WFC's total group points.
- Reading WFC be fined £50.

Reading WFC have 14 days to appeal the decision upon receipt of the decision reasons.

http://www.thefa.com/news/governance/2014/jul/reading-women-removed-110714#

£50 fine lol
3 points removed = Bees penalised as well same as Arsenal v Liverpool last year. The team that acted legally is still a looser and that's unfair.  
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 01:23:11 PM by sylvain »

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2014, 01:27:24 PM »

I hope they do, we have plenty of choice and girls who could come in. I wouldn't be risking possibly losing important players in an essentially nothing game. Rachel Furness, Rachael Laws, Beth Mead to name 2 i would deffo rest. Possibly even Keira Ramshaw and the Captain Steph Bannon. They're all going to be crucial in the 2nd half of the season.

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2014, 01:31:24 PM »
Reading Women FC have been removed from The FA WSL Continental Cup for fielding an ineligible player.

The club admitted a charged by the League (FA WSL) for fielding an ineligible player in their FA WSL Continental Cup match on Sunday 6 July 2014 against London Bees.

It was alleged that Bonnie Horwood, who started in the match, had previously appeared in the Cup on three occasions for Watford LFC, contrary to the competition rules.

The League Management Committee, in accordance with League rules, has therefore determined that:-

- Reading WFC be removed from The FA WSL Continental Cup with immediate effect.
- Reading WFC do not play their scheduled final fixture on 12 July against Watford LFC and instead Watford LFC be awarded three points.
- The three points gained in the Cup fixture against London Bees on 6 July 2014 be deducted from Reading WFC's total group points.
- Reading WFC be fined £50.

Reading WFC have 14 days to appeal the decision upon receipt of the decision reasons.

http://www.thefa.com/news/governance/2014/jul/reading-women-removed-110714#

£50 fine lol
3 points removed = Bees penalised as well same as Arsenal v Liverpool last year. The team that acted legally is still a looser and that's unfair.  

The awarding of 3 points to Watford is an interesting one. Would they have had the balls to do that if those 3 points were going to a team who were then guaranteed a semi-final place? I'm sure some of the other teams might have had something to say about that.