Author Topic: FA WSL Continental Cup 2014  (Read 10554 times)

Offline sylvain

• View Profile
Re: FA WSL Continental Cup 2014
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2014, 01:36:02 PM »
Everton can still qualify as either as group winner or best runner-up.

You can actually win the group provided that :  
City looses to Durham, Liverpool does not beat Doncaster and you beat Everton by a sufficient to catch up on City and potentially Doncaster

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
    • Sunderland AFC Ladies Facebook Fanpage
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2014, 01:46:12 PM »

City looses to Durham

So, our game is a completely meaningless game then  :D
"Sunderland have got a girl up front who is clinical - Beth Mead is one of the best strikers in the country, let alone our division - and it showed today." - Aston Villa Ladies Head Coach Joe Hunt

Offline sylvain

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2014, 01:53:15 PM »

City looses to Durham

So, our game is a completely meaningless game then  :D
Well the logic would say so, you never know Durham might get a point with a  bit of luck and Everton or Liverpool might sneak past City

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2014, 02:56:33 PM »

City looses to Durham

So, our game is a completely meaningless game then  :D
Well the logic would say so, you never know Durham might get a point with a  bit of luck and Everton or Liverpool might sneak past City

Well you're not wrong i can't argue that there is a very slim, massively outside chance, but i wouldn't bet on it even if i was a mad gambler given odds of 1000/1 :)

That's what i like about you though Sylvain, forever the optimist  :)
"Sunderland have got a girl up front who is clinical - Beth Mead is one of the best strikers in the country, let alone our division - and it showed today." - Aston Villa Ladies Head Coach Joe Hunt

Offline sylvain

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2014, 03:11:10 PM »
All you need is a penalty and a red card in the first 5 minutes and game on  ;)

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2014, 03:21:21 PM »
All you need is a penalty and a red card in the first 5 minutes and game on  ;)

:D For us, Durham and Doncaster  ;)

Offline Anita_Shorty

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2014, 04:10:54 PM »
It's ok Steve - i know how you feel. I'll be watching Liverpool against Donny Belles that i don't think is going to have any impact!

Offline bilbobaggins

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2014, 08:39:09 PM »
city to beat durham,   ............... oooops   :'(

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2014, 08:57:33 PM »
It's ok Steve - i know how you feel. I'll be watching Liverpool against Donny Belles that i don't think is going to have any impact!

Liverpool have a very decent chance, especially with their superior goal difference (you're welcome  :D). A win with a few more goals might be enough you never know.

Offline Anita_Shorty

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2014, 10:28:21 AM »

Liverpool have a very decent chance, especially with their superior goal difference (you're welcome  :D). A win with a few more goals might be enough you never know.

At half time we were dreaming of 6-0 / 7-1 victories - but the reality was we were very lucky to hang on to all three points! Donna played a blinding second half - Liverpool just seemed to ease back and switch off a little bit!

All comes down to results today now!

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2014, 11:04:35 AM »

At half time we were dreaming of 6-0 / 7-1 victories - but the reality was we were very lucky to hang on to all three points! Donna played a blinding second half - Liverpool just seemed to ease back and switch off a little bit!

All comes down to results today now!

Aye you need a few results to go your way, but you never know! Good luck!

Your result has now rendered our game virtually if not 100% meaningless as it's unlikely Everton will progress even with a win. I'm still going through though wouldn't miss it for the world and would still be nice to take a FAWSL 1 scalp :) Haway the lasses!