Author Topic: Pre Season Friendlies  (Read 8051 times)

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
    • Sunderland AFC Ladies Facebook Fanpage
Re: Pre Season Friendlies
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2014, 11:53:49 AM »
Sunderland 4 Everton 0 Abbey Joice hat-trick and 1 from Keira Ramshaw

great result for Sunderland that.

Yes indeed, albeit a friendly but to put 4 past a FAWSL 1 side without conceding is a very good result for the girls.

Most pleasing thing about the game is the Abbey Joice hat-trick. Seems like she's getting forward a lot more now, that's 5 goals in two games now (if she's credited with the close range goal from the Watford game but i was right behind the goal and was sure she got the last touch after Beth had put it across). She's gonna be a fantastic little player in future.
"Sunderland have got a girl up front who is clinical - Beth Mead is one of the best strikers in the country, let alone our division - and it showed today." - Aston Villa Ladies Head Coach Joe Hunt

49yardtapin

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2014, 11:56:43 AM »
Also looking at twitter...don't think Everton could have put a much stronger side out.

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2014, 01:10:34 PM »
Also looking at twitter...don't think Everton could have put a much stronger side out.

I've looked on the official Everton Ladies twitter and the 'Everton Ladies Fans' twitter, and absolutely no mention of yesterdays game. Trying to brush the result under the carpet?  :D
"Sunderland have got a girl up front who is clinical - Beth Mead is one of the best strikers in the country, let alone our division - and it showed today." - Aston Villa Ladies Head Coach Joe Hunt

49yardtapin

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2014, 01:30:03 PM »
The club haven't mentioned much abuot any of their preseason. Disappopinting really as you think marketing wise that you need to start driving interest and getting people to games.

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2014, 02:12:27 PM »
Aye i agree, i know they were away yesterday but that deffo should be the case for home games. Sunderland have advertised all their friendlies so far and i've seen people on twitter saying they'd attended their first game and they would be coming back, so it definitely works from a marketing point of view.