Author Topic: Klepp 2014-15  (Read 7234 times)

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Arna-Bjørnar - Klepp 2-0
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2014, 02:19:18 PM »
Klepp have not won away since May 21.  "It's a problem", said Maria Thorisdottir.

Thorisdottir made a long-awaited comeback after suffering concussion earlier in the season.  She thinks it could have been a better match for her comeback than away against Arna-Bjørnar.  "It was a poor match to come back to.  We played a good match but couldn't score, so we lost", she said.

Klepp has consistently been unable to score away from home and no-one knows why.  "It's a good question.  I predict it will sort itself out, and now we must just take the positive things from this match into the next one", she said.

Klepp started with a lot of energy and drive in the first half, but towards the end of the first half their level dropped and later Arna-Bjørnar took revenge for their loss at Klepp Stadium.  Thorisdottir remembers little about her injury in that match and is looking forwards to meeting Medkila next.  "It was really great to be back on the field and now we're really geared up for next Sunday's match, and only three points will do", said Maria Thorisdottir.  

Arna-Bjørnar - Klepp 2-0 (0-0), round 19, Arna Idrettspark, October 4 2014
Referee: Birgitta Solberg, Vang FL
Yellow card: Silje Thorsen, Klepp
Goals: Tina Algrøy 82, Hege Hansen 90.

Klepp (4-4-2):
Justine Bernier -
Astrid Grøttå Ree, Lena Soleng Hansen, Marie Bakke, Anette Tengesdal (Maria Hiim 54) -
Karoline Surdal (Maren Knudsen 68), Gry Tofte Ims (capt), Silje Thorsen, Maria Thorirsdottir (Kristin Jondal Risnes 78) -
Therese Sessy Åsland, Line Krogedal Smørsgård.

Charlotte Mæland http://www.bt.no/100Sport/fotball/kvinner/Nok-et-bortetap-for-Klepp-466208_1.snd
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 09:52:14 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Klepp - Vålerenga 3-4
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2014, 08:51:21 AM »
Vålerenga beat Klepp away on Saturday by the odd goal in seven, four goals coming in the first half of the first half.  It was captain Hanne Mellingsæter's last match for the club that she has played seventeen seasons for.  

Vålerenga's Camilla Christensen and Guro Pettersen returned from the Under-23 trip to Sweden on Thursday, where Norway beat their hosts.  Daniella Schwartz came on as a substitute at the end of the match after a long layoff with a knee problem.  Klepp used their reserve keeper Oda Bogstad.  

Klepp - Vålerenga 3-4 (2-2), round 22, Klepp Stadium, 01-11-2014
Spectators: 141
Referee: Ann-Marie Sjøvika, Brandval IL
Yellow card: Maren Hauge
Goals: 1-0 Line Smørsgård 12, 1-1 Camilla Christensen 13, 1-2 Johanne Fridlund 14, 2-2 Astrid Grøttå Ree 21, 3-2 Smørsgård 49, 3-3 Marte Berget 70, 3-4 Fridlund 88.

Klepp (4-3-3):
Oda Maria Hove Bogstad -
Astrid Grøttå Ree, Marie Bakke, Lena Soleng Hansen (Ida Lillehammer 90), Anette Tengesdal -
Kristin J. Risnes (Emilie Lomeland 88), Gry Tofte Ims, Karoline Surdal (Maren Knudsen 71), Therese Sessy Åsland -
Maria Thorisdottir, Line Krogedal Smørsgård.

Vålerenga: Guro D. Pettersen - Elisabeth Giske Bakken (Ina Helen Levorsen Skaug 71), Ellen Wang, Hanne Mellingsæter, Ingrid Katrine Buer Søndenå, Camilla Christensen, Maren Eithun Hauge (Frida Løvlie Bråttum 85), Tina Wulf Eikeland, Johanne Fridlund, Marte Berget, Mina Kjørum (Daniella Schwartz 90).

Despite good play and three goals Klepp did not manage to beat Vålerenga on Saturday and therefore failed to reach the seventh place that they were hoping for.  Also Trondheims-Ørn won their match, leaving Klepp in 9th place.

"We have been better than last year but this was really not the end we wanted to the season.  We have only ourselves to thank and just now we are disappointed", said captain Gry Tofte Ims.  Klepp started the best and scored the first goal, but Vålerenga came back with two quick goals.  Klepp scored twice more and took a 3-2 lead before Vålerenga one again scored twice to win the match.  

Tofte Ims was the team's top scorer with ten goals, one more than Line Smørsgård.  "It's good to get a few goals", said Ims, with a slight smile.  The disappointment was intense but she and the team can look back on some good things.  "Players have developed very well and I hope this can continue next year.  But we need more consistency and to cut out the variation.  We know what we can do at our best, but at our worst we can lose to any team", said the skipper.    

Charlotte Mæland http://www.itromso.no/100Sport/fotball/kvinner/article471657.snd
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 06:39:19 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Hege Hansen joins Klepp
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2014, 07:26:08 PM »
Hege Hansen has joined Klepp, the club near her home that she started at in 2006.  She is in the national team squad selected for two training matches against New Zealand at the end of the month.

In 4½ seasons at Arna-Bjørnar she has played 100 matches and scored 49 goals, 17 of them in the 2014 season.

Picture: https://www.facebook.com/KleppIL?fref=nf
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 07:30:30 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Two new players for Klepp
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2014, 09:48:25 AM »
Hege Hansen has signed for Klepp.  "I have had some great years at Arna-Bjørnar and really thrive in Bergen, but it will be good to come home again", she said.  The 24-year-old signed a one-year contract with Klepp on Friday.  "It's good to take one year at a time", she said.

"Why did you choose Klepp?" - "It was the total package.  For eighteen months my boyfriend has lived here and I also miss my family.  Also I am able to complete the final term of my studies in Stavanger", she said.  She will probably move south in December when her current term finishes.  "I'm in the middle of things just now but I'll be home by Christmas", she smiled.

It was about a month ago that Klepp approached Arna-Bjørnar about a possible transfer, and Hansen has been in discussions with the club and trainer Jon Pall Palmason.  "I feel they are doing a lot that is right at Klepp since I was last here, and I'm looking forward to contributing.  I am well motivated", she said.

Her little sister Tuva (17) is also moving back to Klepp.  "They will be a clear strengthening for us.  We want good players from the area to play for Klepp", said manager Else Karin Stangeland.  Although it's several years since Hansen played at Klepp, she will be rejoining old teammates like Marie Bakke, Astrid Grøttå Ree, Maria Thorisdottir, Line Smørsgård, Silje Thorsen and Gry Tofte Ims.

With captain Gry Tofte Ims Hansen has been selected for the national team squad to meet New Zealand in two training matches at Randaberg Arena on November 25 and 27.

Trude Håland http://jbl.no/index.php?page=vis_nyhet&NyhetID=34290&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Klepp with big squad for 2015
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2014, 04:38:07 PM »
Klepp's squad is very nearly complete for 2015, and the club has only one player with a foreign passport.

Trainer Jon Pall Palmason has 25 players in the squad, with a good mix of experience and youth.  The trainers are the same with Roger Borthen as the assistant.  Captain Gry Tofte Ims is newly married and is the natural leader having taken over the captaincy from Ane Stangeland Horpestad in 2009.  Silje Thorsen is the oldest at 34, while Maria Hiim reached 17 in October and is the youngest.  

Klepp: Gry Tofte Ims (captain), Marie Bakke, Hege Hansen (new), Tuva Hansen (new), Maria Thorisdottir, Maria Hiim, Birte Svines (new), Therese Åsland, Astrid Grøtta Ree, Karoline Surdal, Anette Tengesdal, Justine Bernier (keeper, Canada), Linn Merethe Thune, Silje Thorsen, Maria Hiim, Maren Knudsen, Oda Marie Bogstad (reserve keeper), Tonje Danielsen, Mari Botne, Emilie Lomeland, Ida Lillehammer, Lena Hansen, Kristin Nesse, Tonje Øfsteng, Kristin Risnes.

Jan Reidar Vågsdalen - article and photos: http://kvinnefotballmagasinet.no/klepp-med-den-storste-troppen-toppserien-2015/

Maria Thorisdottir gave up football in favour of her father's sport, handball, but she came back in 2014:

« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 04:45:57 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Klepp 0 Avaldsnes 3
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2015, 10:52:37 AM »
Klepp played an even match at Randaberg Arena on Saturday but lost decisively. 

It took only 40 seconds for Avaldsnes to take the lead after chaos in the defence led to a shot from Maren Mjelde going past keeper Oda Bogstad.  Just after that Lena Soleng Hansen cleared a shot off the line.  The play evened out but Avaldsnes had a shot on to a post after 14 minutes.  Klepp earned five corners in the first half, a couple of half-chances and a shot from Katrin Asbjørnsdottir that was just wide.  Avaldsnes went up to 2-0 after 40 minutes.

In the second half Therese Åsland had a long shot that went off the crossbar and down on to the line - millimetres from scoring.  Avaldsnes used their chances better and 0-3 came after Bogstad lost the ball after a corner.  Klepp continued to try, but never quite managed a goal.

"We could have won the match but against a good team like that we were punished for our mistakes", said Klepp trainer Jon Pall Palmason. 

Klepp:
Oda Maria Hove Bogstad -
Astrid Grøttå Ree, Lena Soleng Hansen, Silje Thorsen, Anette Tengesdal -
Kristin J. Risnes (Maria Hiim 75), Maria Thorisdottir, Gry Tofte Ims, Therese Sessy Åsland -
Katrin Asbjørnsdottir (Andrea Norheim 61), Hege Hansen.   

Tarjei Sel http://jbl.no/index.php?page=vis_nyhet&NyhetID=35325
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Klepp's weekend at Randaberg
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2015, 09:38:43 AM »
Klepp made too many defensive errors to be satisfied with the weekend's two training matches at Randaberg Arena.

"All the four goals we conceded came after individual errors", said trainer Jon Pall Palmason, who is hoping that his players will learn from the experience.  First out was Avaldsnes who came with a star team.  It took only 40 seconds for Avaldsnes to take the lead after chaos in the Klepp defence.  Klepp had five corners in the first half but Avaldsnes scored for 2-0 after 40 minutes.  The final score was 3-0 to Avaldsnes.

In the next match against Sandviken Klepp started with all the players who had not started the first match.  Other than the back-four and Therese Åsland it was a very young and inexperienced team and there were many substitutions.

Klepp opened with a debut-goal by Andrea Norheim.  Åsland doubled the score from short-range and very nearly scored another with a free kick that hit a post.  But Klepp lost their grip and conceded after a mistake by Silje Thorsen after a cross came in.  The match ended with a 2-1 win to Klepp.  

"When we met Sandviken two weeks ago we were sloppy.  Today we were better especially in the first 20 minutes, but we must have a higher tempo in our play", said the trainer.  Linn Merethe Thune, Marie Bakke and Tonje Øfsteng missed the match with injuries.  Tuva Hansen played a little against Sandviken and is getting going after a difficult winter.  Klepp's next training match is against Haugar on March 7.

Therese Åsland heard that she is going to La Manga with the Norwegian U23 team, where she will have the company of Maria Thorisdottir.

Klepps v Avaldsnes:
Oda Maria Hove Bogstad -
Astrid Grøttå Ree, Lena Soleng Hansen, Silje Thorsen, Anette Tengesdal -
Kristin J. Risnes (Maria Hiim 75), Maria Thorisdottir, Gry Tofte Ims, Therese Sessy Åsland -
Katrin Asbjørnsdottir (Andrea Norheim 61), Hege Hansen.

Klepps v Sandviken (starters):
Oda Maria Hove Bogstad -
Ida Lillehammer, Lena Soleng Hansen, Silje Thorsen, Astrid Grøttå Ree -
Maren Knudsen, Maria Hiim, Sunniva Skeie Wiencke, Therese Sessy Åsland -
Andrea Norheim, Birte Svines.

Tarjei Sel http://jbl.no/index.php?page=vis_nyhet&NyhetID=35325

Andrea Norheim, recruited from Bryne boys:

« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 09:44:03 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Klepp 1 Trondheims-Ørn 3
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2015, 12:54:28 PM »
Klepp lost to Trondheims-Ørn today.

Klepp starters:
Oda Bogstad -
Astrid Grøtta Ree, Lena Soleng Hansen, Anette Tengesdal, Tuva Hansen -
Kristin J Risnes, Silje Thorsen, Gry Tofte Ims, Therese Åsland -
Andrea Norheim, Hege Hansen.

Klepp ready for the match:
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 10:42:18 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Klepp 3 Vålerenga 1 in round 1
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2015, 05:23:19 PM »
Klepp took their first win over Vålerenga in the Toppserien on Sunday.  Vålerenga had won five previous matches and one was drawn, but on Sunday Klepp dominated most of the first half.  

After 13 minutes Hege Hansen was on the way through, but keeper Guro Pettersen came out and felled her.  Pettersen escaped with a yellow card.  Just after that Gry Tofte Ims scored at the far post from a corner.  Ten minutes later Therese Åsland's shot from 18 yards was too strong for Pettersen and Klepp were up 2-0.

Then Klepp came forward again.  Hansen came through again and once more Pettersen brought her down.  Again the referee could have given a red card but Pettersen escaped.  She also saved the penalty and the half-time score was 2-0.

After the break Andrea Norheim (16) scored in her debut.  "It was to great score on the debut.  I was thinking it would be good if it happened, but I would not have minded if it didn't.  Now I'm just glad it did happen", Norheim told Aftenbladet.

At the end of the match Vålerenga had a penalty after Lise Janbu Eide's shot hit Silje Thorsne's hand.  Captain Tina Wulf was secure with her kick and brought the score to 3-1, which was the final result.  "It definitely wasn't a match to look back on.  It was a long way below the standard we have shown in the winter, both in training and matches", said Wulf to vif-fotball.no.

There were several debutantes in each team: for Klepp Tuva Hansen and sister Hege Hansen re-debuted for Klepp after returning from Arna-Bjørnar in the winter.  Katrin Asbjørnsdottir, Birte Svines and Andrea Norheim made their debuts.  For Vålerenga Anne Stenstvedt and Maren Kristine Andersen debuted in defence, while Rikke Storrø and Lise Janbu Eide debuted in the forward line.

Andreas Kristoffer Berge http://www.fotballmagasinet.no/?mode=news&id=28636  

Klepp - Vålerenga 3-1 (2-0), round 1, Klepp Stadium, 29-03-2015
Spectators: 240
Referee: Tone Lise Berghøi, Hauerseter
Yellow card: Silje Thorsen, Guro Pettersen
Goals: 1-0 Gry Tofte Ims 15, 2-0 Therese Åsland 25, 3-0 Andrea Norheim 73, 3-1 Tina Wulf (pen.) 90.

Klepp: Oda Maria Hove Bogstad - Lena Soleng Hansen, Astrid Grøttå Ree, Tuva Hansen, Silje Thorsen, Maria Thorisdottir (Birte Svines 87), Gry Tofte Ims, Therese Sessy Åsland, Maria Hiim (Katrin Asbjørnsdottir 65), Hege Hansen, Andrea Norheim (Sunniva Skeie Wiencke 75).

Highlights: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Klepp-IL-elite-fotball/674438449299440?fref=ts
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 10:02:14 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Long passes
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2015, 03:37:46 PM »
Klepp's Tuva Hansen, Oda Maria Bogstad and Maria Hiim are going to Northern Ireland next week with the national U19s.  The trainer has told them to practise long passes for ten minutes after every training session.  The first practice got going at Stavanger Airport:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Klepp-IL-elite-fotball/674438449299440?fref=ts (and other videos :))
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Klepp's new keeper
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2015, 10:23:02 PM »
Nicole McClure has joined Klepp.

Born 16-11-1989
Position: goalkeeper
Shirt: 32
Former clubs: UMF Selfoss (2012); HK/Víkingur (2013); Östersunds DFF (2014).
Achievements: Swedish division-1 champion with Östersunds DFF.
"How did you start football?" - "My brother played football and when I was 7 I asked my mother if I could join in.  She said I was too young.  A year later I had a letter from school offering football for children after school and at weekends.  I showed my mother and she agreed.  My expectations for the season are to play myself into the starting eleven and contribute to a top-four place for Klepp.  I know it's a difficult challenge but I'm confident we can do it". 

Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Re: Klepp 2014-15
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2015, 09:14:47 AM »
Hege Hansen was Arna-Bjørnar's top scorer last year but in the winter the girl from Bryne returned to her home team.  On Wednesday the 24-year-old was back at Arna Idrettspark and opened the scoring, ten minutes into the match.

Captain Gry Tofte Ims scored another after half time and a second from Hansen finished the contest off.  The home team scored a reducer but Therese Åsland made it 1-4 ten minutes from the end.  Arna-Bjørnar scored another consolation goal right at the end.  "I had mixed feelings today but it was great to take three points", said Hege Hansen.

Jon Pall Palmason has had a dream start to his second season as Klepp's trainer.  First they had a solid 3-1 home win against Vålerenga, but an away win against Arna-Bjørnar is more impressive.  "There was a lot that I was happy about in this match.  We had an early goal but Arna-Bjørnar were very good for the rest of the first half.  We defended outstandingly.  In the second half our play improved a lot.  It's a long time since we scored four goals in the Toppserien", he said.

Klepp were without Andrea Norheim who is in Austria with the Norwegian Under-17 team.  Her replacement was Katrin Asbjørnsdottir from Iceland, who started her first match for Klepp.

Arna-Bjørnar - Klepp 2-4 (0-1), round 2, Arna idrettspark, 15-04-2015
Spectators: 174
Referee: Emilie Dokset, Bækkelaget
Yellow card: Ingrid Stenevik, Arna-Bjørnar
Goals: 0-1 Hege Hansen 10, 0-2 Gry Tofte Ims 55, 0-3 Hansen 62, 1-3 Amalie Eikeland 66, 1-4 Therese Sessy Åsland 80, 2-4 Lisa Naalsund 82.

Klepp:
Oda Maria Hove Bogstad -
Astrid Grøttå Ree, Lena Soleng Hansen, Silje Thorsen, Tuva Hansen -
Maria Hiim (Kristin Jondal Risnes 84), Gry Tofte Ims, Maria Thorisdottir (Sunniva Skeie Wiencke 83), Therese Sessy Åsland -
Hege Hansen, Katrin Asbjørnsdottir (Anette Tengesdal 66).      

Tarjei Sel http://jbl.no/index.php?page=vis_nyhet&NyhetID=35877
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 08:32:06 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Klepp with maximum points
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2015, 10:26:22 AM »
Klepp lead the Toppserien today after three straight wins.  Yesterday they beat Trondheims-Ørn 2-0.

Trondheims-Ørn came to Klepp full of confidence after their midweek win at home to Avaldsnes.  But they met a Klepp team in an equally confident mood.  The hosts did not play one of their best matches but the defence was top-quality.  "I said before the season that the defence is the key.  We kept the scoresheet clean today which is good.  We have let in three goals so far", said trainer Jon Pall Palmason.

Katrin Ásbjörnsdóttir started her first Toppserien match at Klepp Stadium, and repaid her selection in the best possible way.  The 22-year-old came from Iceland in the winter, and yesterdy she opened the scoring with a shot from 19 yards.  The ball sneaked in low past the keeper's right-hand post.  "It's a good feeling to see it go into goal", smiled Ásbjörnsdóttir.

Klepp did not create much more in the first half, and in the second half there were long periods between Klepp's chances, but the defence stayed solid.  The win was confirmed when skipper Gry Tofte Ims was felled, and she placed the penalty in the net.

Maria Thorisdottir, Hege Hansen and Tuva Hansen were unwell but started anyway.  They were all substituted.  Palmason praised their willpower and did not regret letting them start.  After three wins he said the players will have no problem keeping their feet on the ground: "we are top of the table but there are 19 matches to go.  I don't think they will take off.  They all know that the next match is away at Kolbotn and it won't be easy", said the trainer.

Klepp 2 Trondheims-Ørn 0 (1-0), round 3, Klepp Stadium, 19-04-2015
Spectators: 378
Referee: Ann Wenche Kleven, Bækkelagets SK
Yellow card: Lisa-Marie Karlseng Utland
Goals: Katrin Ásbjörnsdóttir 7, Gry Tofte Ims (pen) 76.

Klepp:
Oda Maria Hove Bogstad -
Astrid Grøttå Ree, Lena Soleng Hansen, Silje Thorsen, Tuva Hansen (Andrea Norheim 76) -
Maria Hiim, Maria Thorisdottir (Sunniva Skeie Wiencke 46), Gry Tofte Ims (capt), Therese Sessy Åsland -
Katrin Ásbjörnsdóttir, Hege Hansen (Anette Tengesdal 61).      

Tarjei Sel http://www.jbl.no/index.php?page=vis_nyhet&NyhetID=35918

Praise for keeper: It was a match that had few chances, and those that Trondheims-Ørn produced on Sunday were taken by Oda Maria Bogstad.  After Klepp's early goal Trondheims-Ørn came forward several times.  The defence coped with most of it but Bogstad, who will be 19 on the 24th, was put to the test several times.  When the ball was shot at her from short range she reacted quickly to punch it away.  "I hope the saves are what kept us in the match, and I hope I contributed to us staying in.  If we had let in a couple of goals it could have been difficult", she said.
http://www.aftenbladet.no/100Sport/fotball/kvinner/Solid-keeperprestasjon-sendte-Klepp-til-topps-522083_1.snd

Highlights: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Klepp-IL-elite-fotball/674438449299440?fref=nf

Great pictures posted by Andreas Kristoffer Berge
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 11:04:31 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline andreaskb

• View Profile
Re: Klepp 2014-15
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2015, 10:42:33 AM »

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Klepp 2 Stabæk 1
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2015, 03:35:15 PM »
Klepp had a strong home win on Saturday.  The 90th-minute winning goal was scored by Katrin Ásbjörnsdóttir from Iceland.  Klepp were top of the table this afternoon - until LSK Kvinner's match.

Klepp scored a winning goal in stoppage time to go briefly to the top of the table in round 5 on Saturday, when Katrin Ásbjörnsdóttir hammered the ball into goal behind Ingrid Hjelmseth.

At the start Klepp were given the cold sponge when Ingrid Schjelderup put Stabæk in the lead after ten minutes when keeper Oda Bogstad was a little inattentive.  But the home team did not retreat into their shell and had good control of the play.  After half an hour Hege Hansen scored the equaliser when she set off at a speed that few can match, beat two defenders and and shot the ball across the keeper for a well deserved equaliser.  Just before half time she did it again but the ball went straight to Hjelmseth.

In the second half Stabæk had several good opportunities to take the lead, but Klepp's good back four cleared the danger each time.  The green-shirts also had scoring chances but there were no more goals until after the 90th minute when Ásbjörnsdóttir took a cross from Maria Thorisdottir and battled the ball over the line.

"It was just fantastic.  I am brilliantly pleased with the girls' performance today.  Also I hate to lose matches, so three points today were pure gold", said trainer Jon Pall Palmason.  He shouted some Icelandic remarks to the matchwinner when she left the pitch, and all the signs were that they were positive - naturally.

Captain Gry Tofte Ims was smiling broadly after another solid performance in midfield and is one of the top candidates to take a place in Even Pellerud's World Cup squad of 23 when the announcement comes on May 13.  "I'm taking nothing for granted but obviously I have my hopes.  Today's win did no harm either, with one of the national team trainers sitting in the stands", she said.

Roger Finjord had good things to say about the skipper and also about teammates Maria Thorisdottir and Hege Hansen who are also hot candidates.  "All three cut a fine figure today and they have definitely not played themselves out of the discussions.  They put their mark on the match", he said.

Klepp are now unbeaten in the first five matches of the season and have dropped only two points so far - the team's best start for many years.  "We have a tremendous spirit in the team and the defensive structure is the basis.  We have tough competition for places.  Everybody works hard in training and it all showed today it the teamwork", said Gry Tofte Ims.

Klepp 2 Stabæk 1 (1-1), round 5, Klepp Stadium, 02-05-2015
Spectators 280
Referee: Henrikke Nervik, Malvik IL
Yellow card: Maria Thorisdottir
Goals: 0-1 Ingrid Schjelderup 9, 1-1 Hege Hansen 29, 2-1 Katrin Ásbjörnsdóttir 90.

Klepp (4-4-2):
Oda Maria Hove Bogstad -
Astrid Grøttå Ree, Lena Soleng Hansen, Silje Thorsen, Tuva Hansen -
Maria Hiim, Maria Thorisdottir, Gry Tofte Ims, Therese Sessy Åsland (Andrea Norheim 65) -
Katrin Ásbjörnsdóttir (Kristin Jondal Risnes 90), Hege Hansen (Birte Svines 90).  

Trude Håland http://jbl.no/index.php?page=vis_nyhet&NyhetID=36104

Article: http://kleppil.no/referat-klepp-stabaek/
Video clip: http://www.nrk.no/rogaland/klepp-er-med-i-toppen-1.12340796 see Maria Thorisdottir's new Brazilian throwin . .
Interview/highlights: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Klepp-IL-elite-fotball/674438449299440?fref=ts
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 05:38:34 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Another big match by Klepp
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2015, 11:02:49 PM »
For the second year running Stabæk failed to win at Klepp Stadium.  "We have a lot of confidence and there is a great spirit in the team after the first matches, so today we had full belief in three points", said Astrid Grøttå Ree.

Despite the win it promised to be tough for Klepp after 19-year-old keeper Oda Maria Bogstad made an error that allowed Ingrid Schelderup to open the scoring for Stabæk.  But instead of going into the old routine of lying well back, Klepp stood forward and battled for an equaliser against one of Norway's best teams.

Stabæk were a little wayward in their defensive positioning while Klepp looked rusty in front of goals.  But then what trainer Jon Pall Palmason called the 'x-factor' happened when Norway's best striker took the ball forward, went round two defenders and elegantly side-footed it into goal.  "We have a master player in the team: now we will have Hege in the national team.  The goal she scored was world-class and I'm in no doubt she is Norway's best and quickest striker", said Palmason.

In the second half Klepp lay deeper and Stabæk came forward to several chances.  The 280 spectators sat nervously and watched Klepp fight with tooth and claw to avoid conceding.  Further up the pitch there was little for Klepp to celebrate until stoppage time.  Using a cross from Maria Thorisdottir, Katrin Ásbjörnsdóttir ran up and placed the ball into goal behind Ingrid Hjelmseth.  The cheering that broke out showed how much the goal meant for Klepp who have now been five matches without defeat.

"We did not get that last goal to win the match last year, so it's great that we managed it now.  I think it's down to our confidence and belief", said Grøttå Ree.  She has played her whole career at Klepp, except for four seasons at Arna-Bjørnar while she studied physiotherapy in Bergen.  The strong opening to the season is a new experience for her.  "I have never had such a good start in the Klepp shirt and it says a lot for every single player.  This means we will have even more belief that we can keep this up", she said with a smile.

The win sent Klepp to the top of the table until LSK's three points at Avaldsnes later in the day.  But Grøttå Ree is not worried by that.  "It's great with the table situation but it means nothing now.  That is a boring answer but we must take each match one at a time because we have only played five matches, so where we are in the table is meaningless".

Even so the team is strutting with self confidence and happiness, as Palmason has noticed.  He says he has done nothing special with the team.  "All I do is try to keep my pulse below 150", he said with a big smile.  But he believes they can maintain their place, like Grøttå Ree.

"We have to believe we can hold up but it needs hard work every single day because it won't happen by itself.  We can't start taking things easy now, we would just be shooting ourselves in the foot", said Astrid Grøttå Ree.

Charlotte Mæland http://www.bt.no/100Sport/fotball/kvinner/Nok-en-stor-bragd-av-Klepp-529536_1.snd
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 08:47:24 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Klepp thrashed by LSK
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2015, 09:02:07 AM »
Klepp's away match on Saturday ended in four goals for Isabell Herlovsen and a 7-0 defeat.

When the Toppserien's two top teams met on Saturday afternoon neither had been beaten so far and a tight contest was expected, but it did not happen as LSK Kvinner put Klepp in their place.  "It doesn't get any worse.  It's one thing to lose, but 7-0? it isn't good enough.  The last ten minutes were OK but it was just not good enough", said trainer Jon Pall Palmason.

Herlovsen had two goals in the first seven minutes and Anja Sønstevold scored the third a little later.  "It was a difficult match, especially when we were well down at the start.  When you come out like that against LSK there is no chance of winning", said the trainer.  

Things went from bad to worse just before half time as Emilie Haavi raced in towards goal.  In a duel with centre-back Lena Soleng Hansen Haavi went down, and the referee awarded a free kick.  Hansen as the last defender was given a red card.  Three minutes later Herlovsen scored her third and the contest was over.  

The second half was a formality for both teams.  Klepp wished to limit the damage for the sake of their goal-difference, but keeper Oda Marie Bogstad had to pick the ball out of the net another three times.  

Despite their humiliation Klepp are still in second place.  They will be at home to Medkila on Tuesday.  "We will come back strong.  We will be as hungry as polar bears and you don't want to meet one of those", said Jon Pall Palmason.

Mats Slaastad Birkelund http://www.aftenposten.no/100Sport/fotball/kvinner/Klepp-ble-ydmyket-av-Lillestrom--Det-blir-ikke-verre-533523_1.snd

LSK Kvinner – Klepp 7-0 (4-0), round 6, LSK hall, 12-05-2015
Spectators: 287
Referee: Marte Sørø, Molde FK
Yellow card: Anja Sønstevold, LSK
Red card: Lena Soleng Hansen, Klepp (37 min)
Goals: Isabell Herlovsen 6, Herlovsen 7, Anja Sønstevold 23, Herlovsen 42, Marit Sandvei 47, Victoria Ludvigsen 51, Herlovsen 71.

Klepp: Oda Maria Hove Bogstad - Lena Soleng Hansen, Astrid Grøttå Ree (Anette Tengesdal 72), Tuva Hansen, Silje Thorsen, Maria Thorisdottir, Gry Tofte Ims, Therese Sessy Åsland, Maria Hiim, Hege Hansen (Andrea Norheim 78), Katrin Asbjørnsdottir (Sunniva Wiencke 67).    
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 10:33:32 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Klepp 3 Medkila 1
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2015, 10:31:49 PM »
Andrea Norheim, Gry Tofte Ims and Kristin Risnes scored to keep Klepp in second place on Tuesday.

After the 0-7 defeat by LSK Kvinner it was important for Klepp to find their feet again and take three points from Medkila.  The first half was nothing special as the home team made many mistakes, with little or no rhythm in the attacking play.  The high point came with Andra Norheim's goal after 22 minutes when she received the ball 12 yards out and put a fast and accurate shot into the net.  But Medkila equalised after a corner when a return came to Sandra Hegdahl and she thundered it into goal.

The second half started with more of the same, but after a while Klepp started to create chances.  Gry Tofte Ims scored the vital goal after 78 minutes.  Klepp then producing some big chances without success until Kristine Risnes had a brilliant shot in stoppage time.  The 3-1 win was well deserved but it took a long time before Klepp got going.

With Lena Soleng Hansen serving out a red card, Maria Thorisdottir was moved into central defence and Maria Hiim took her place in central midfield.  Katrin Asbjørnsdottir was moved out on to the right wing and Andrea Norheim came in as the striker.

"All the players can do better than they did today", said Jon Pall Palmason.  

"Did you make any changes after the LSK match?" - "I thought of it but before that match we had dropped two points in five matches.  We gave them another chance.  Are we pleased about it? not really, we should have done better today", said the trainer.

Klepp-Medkila 3-1 (1-1), round 7, Klepp Stadium, 12-05-2015
Spectators: 216
Referee: Tone Lise Berghøi, Hauerseter
Yellow card: Blake Stockton, Medkila
Goals: 1-0 Andrea Norheim 22, 1-1 Sandra Hegdahl 29, 2-1 Gry Tofte Ims 78, 3-1 Kristin J. Risnes 90.

Klepp:
Oda Maria Hove Bogstad -
Astrid Grøttå Ree, Maria Thorisdottir, Silje Thorsen, Tuva Hansen -
Katrin Asbjørnsdottir (Sunniva Skeie Wiencke 81), Gry Tofte Ims, Maria Hiim (Anette Tengesdal 54), Therese Sessy Åsland -
Andrea Norheim (Kristin Jondal Risnes 66), Hege Hansen.

Tarjei Sel http://www.jbl.no/index.php?page=vis_nyhet&NyhetID=36201
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 04:09:00 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Sandviken-Klepp 3-0
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2015, 09:02:25 AM »
Klepp travelled to Bergen for another three points, but that is not how it turned out on Saturday.  "Absolutely this isn't the result we wanted before the holiday", said Gry Tofte Ims.

Klepp started badly, losing duels and failing to establish their game.  Centre-back Silje Thorsen had to go off the field after 26 minutes and Klepp were left standing by a Sandviken side that managed to get on track with their play.

"They scored just before half time, and we went into battle at the start of the second half, but they scored with their first attack.  We didn't give up, we went with three at the back, three forward and four in midfield, but it didn't really work", said Klepp's skipper.

Three at the back is something that Klepp has not really trained to play, but Tofte Ims said that it is something they could improve at, both when the team is trailing and when they are in the lead.  It should help them to avoid the situation they found themselves in against Sandviken.  "We were not in the game from the start and it wasn't a good experience.   The loss feels bitter", said Klepp's captain.

Now she will go with Norway's squad to the World Cup, along with teammates Hege Hansen and Maria Thorisdottir, and she is looking forward to the autumn.  "After the holiday last year we played badly, so I hope we can do better this time", she said.

Depite the loss Klepp take the holiday in 3rd place.  Tofte Ims hopes the players left at home will use the break to build up their form.  "A little break is good after two bad away matches.  I hope they will train well, keep their concentration in training and improve in the weeks we have before we start again", she said.

She thinks not much is needed to get back on track.  "We know we are a good team but today we were not.  We must just continue to keep it simple, get our energy back and have a good autumn".

Charlotte Mæland http://www.bt.no/100Sport/fotball/kvinner/Kalddusj-og-stortap-for-Klepp-537517_1.snd

Sandviken 3 Klepp 0 (1-0), round 8, Stemmemyren, May 16 2015
Spectators: 287
Referee: Cathrine Eide, Bækkelagets SK
Cards: none
Goals: Madeleine Giske 40, Andrea Thun (pen) 47, Giske 73.

Klepp: Oda Maria Hove Bogstad - Lena Soleng Hansen, Astrid Grøttå Ree (Andrea Norheim 61), Anette Tengesdal, Silje Thorsen (Tuva Hansen 26), Maria Thorisdottir, Gry Tofte Ims, Therese Sessy Åsland, Maria Hiim (Kristin Risnes 61), Hege Hansen, Katrin Asbjørnsdottir.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 09:07:03 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Klepp 2 Amazon Grimstad 0
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2015, 10:07:40 AM »
Klepp struggled against a defensive wall and produced many chances on Saturday, but got the ball into goal in the end.

It isn't often a team creates as many chances as Klepp did yesterday, but until the 70th minute all the finishes went wide, on a post or straight to the keeper.  "It was a relief when I scored the first goal but we had to wait a long time", said Gry Tofte Ims.  

The skipper admitted the match was a struggle with all the missed chances, but she said the players were not stressed by it.  "I felt we managed to play our own game even though it wasn't our day in front of goal.  But we deserved our lead when it finally arrived", she said.

Hege Hansen scored the second goal in stoppage time and she was also dismayed by all the chances missed.  "We knew we would have to be patient against Amazon Grimstad, and we had the reward for our efforts in the end", she said.

She also thought the long summer break for the World Cup had affected the play.  But she hopes that fluency will return with a few more matches played in the autumn season.  "Anyway it was good to get to work again and even though we had to struggle to get our chances in, we have three lovely points", said Hege Hansen.  

Klepp 2 Amazon Grimstad 0 (0-0), round 10, Klepp Stadium, 25-07-2015
158 spectators
Referee: Emilie Rodahl Dokset, Bækkelagets SK
Cards: none
Goals: 1-0 Gry Tofte Ims 70, 2-0 Hege Hansen 90.

Klepp (4-4-2):
Hanna Persson –
Astrid Grøttå Ree, Lena Soleng Hansen, Silje Thorsen, Tuva Hansen –
Maria Hiim (Birte Svines 88), Gry Tofte Ims, Maria Thorisdottir, Therese Sessy Åsland –
Hege Hansen (Sunniva Skeie Wiencke 90), Katrin Asbjørnsdottir (Anette Tengesdal 68).

Svein Hagen http://www.aftenbladet.no/100Sport/fotball/kvinner/Malene-kom-til-slutt-for-Klepp-572944_1.snd

Hanna Persson has been recruited from Sweden on loan as another keeper to replace Nicole McClure who has returned to the USA after having played only one official match in the spring season.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 05:04:51 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.