Author Topic: Other divisions 2014-5  (Read 11864 times)

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Other divisions 2014-5
« on: January 10, 2014, 09:41:30 AM »
Fløya's captain Sara Johansen has turned down an offer from Toppserien club Grand Bodø.

The Under-19 international player has decided that she will stay at Fløya this year.  "I decided when we got our new trainer, Odd-Karl Stangnes.  That looks positive", said Johansen on the phone from Gran Canaria where she is on holiday with her boyfriend, TIL player Lars-Gunnar Johnsen.

In the winter both the Toppserien clubs in the North, Grand Bodø and Medkila, contacted 18-year-old Johansen, and Grand made an offer of a contract.  "It was an offer where I could live at home for six months, but if I moved there I would have a professional contract.  It didn't seem too tempting and I decided to turn it down", she said.

Last year she was given her chance in the Under-19s in a match against England.  Jarl Torske spoke to her about the possibilities of playing international football while in division-1.  "He said it would make little difference in the first six months because he is holding so many meetings.  So the European Cup in the summer is my big target", she said.

Reidun Nilsen (29) was considering her future before Christmas but has now decided to play another season.  "I will be with Fløya for another year.  A lot of positive things have happened since November.  We have a trainer who suits us.  It's one of the most important things for motivation to have a trainer with a playing background who has done great things at his former clubs", said Nilsen.

Odd-Karl Stangnes is pleased to have retained some of the team's key players.  "It's looking good.  I have heard that Sara is working to bring other players to the club.  I take that as a signal that she sees a future here.  Feedback has been good and there is a good atmosphere", said the new trainer.          

Lars Eidissen
Article/photos http://www.itromso.no/sport/article8915615.ece

Yngvild Kaspersen has decided to remain with Fløya and not move to Medkila.  

The 18-year-old has trained in Harstad with Medkila this winter and was offered a place in the Toppserien club's squad.  "They said if I moved here the chance was available", she said.  But she has decided not to move at this time.  "I want to complete videregående school here and get the best possible result.  I might think about moving after the summer, but I will be here for the next six months anyway", she said.

Kaspersen had a strong season in Fløya's central defence last year, and was watched by Norway's Under-19 trainer Jarl Torske who travelled to Tromsø for the home match against Fortuna Ålesund.  She is hoping that playing in division-1 will not harm her chances of going to the U-19 European Cup in the summer.  "I don't know his thoughts, I haven't spoken to him, but I can only do my best.  I hope to be given a chance anyway", she said.

Now she is looking forward to working with the new trainer Odd-Karl Stangnes.  "I have gained a good impression of the new trainer.  It's very positive and I hope that will continue", she said.  Stangnes has said that if the defence stays tight and concedes one goal per match on average, there is a good chance of promotion this year.

"So you in the back four are important?" - "He has spoken about his philosophy.  It's exciting and I am looking forward to playing", said Yngvild Kaspersen.

Lars Eidissen
Article/photos: http://www.itromso.no/sport/article8923427.ece
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 10:24:04 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
More players leaving Sandviken
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 09:46:57 AM »
Six more players have left Sandviken.  Four have retired, while Anja Barwinsky has returned to Germany.

The German player came to Bergen and Sandviken from FSV Gütersloh and debuted in the Toppserien on August 11 at home against Kolbotn.  She played seven matches in total but never played the full 90 minutes.

"Before I came to Norway the plan was to return after the season.  Now I will play the second half of the German season with Herforder SV who have a good chance of promotion to the top league", said the 27-year-old.

She has noticed a difference in the style of Norwegian play.  "In Norway the focus is on duelling.  You have to be tougher and use your physique more than in Germany.  Here we play more one- and two-touch football and we focus more on the tactics.  The level is great in both countries", she said.

Barwinsky notice the evenness in the Toppserien.  "I like it when teams lower in the table have a chance of beating the top ones.  I also like the good number of indoor facilities and that the teams fly to away matches.  In Germany we never play indoors and we usually travel by coach", she said.  "I miss Norway!".

Other players have left Sandviken.  Helene Magnusson has joined Åsane after being loaned out in the autumn.  Marita Salbu was the only one left of the back four and she is retiring.  Salbu played three seasons and 64 matches; in 61 of them she played the full 90 minutes.  Ingelin Ognedal has retired at the age of 24.  She debuted in the Toppserien in 2008 for Klepp against Larvik.   

http://www.fotballmagasinet.no/?mode=news&id=27218   
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Fløya preparations
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 09:50:07 AM »
Fløya finished in sixth place in division-1 last year and is now preparing for 2014.  For a long time they were promotion candidates, but at the end their 29 points were 20 below the winners. 

There have been many changes but Yngvild Kaspersen and Sara Johansen have decided to stay at the club despite attractive offers from the two Toppserien teams in the North, Medkila and Grand Bodø.

Maren Iselin Jakobsen (b. 1994) has joined the military and will not be playing in 2014.  Marie Halvorsen (b. 1990) has decided to give school and job top priority.  Super-keeper Charlotte Jakobsen (b. 1994) has moved south and joined Kolbotn.

Katrine Meyer (b. 1993) has transferred from Tromsdalen and is a good attacking player with high tempo, mainly on the right wing.  She could make her breakthrough this year.  Celine Strand (b. 1997) formerly played for Skarp and TIL and now plays in an international youth team, and her finishing skills could be important this year for Fløya.  Hanna Flovik (b. 1995) is a technical midfielder with good speed who also comes from TIL.  Another exciting young player.

Thor-Gøran Sørensen http://www.fotballmagasinet.no/?mode=news&id=27236
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Fløya duo back from Egland
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 10:46:41 PM »
4-4 was the result in today's second international match of Norway's Under-19 trip to England.  Sara Johansen played the last 20 minutes as a substitute.  Almost the whole eleven was changed since Wednesday's 1-1 draw and Yngvild Kaspersen stayed on the bench today.

The girls will be home in time for tomorrow's winter league match against TUIL in Skarphallen at 14.00 where they will meet their old teammate Katrine Meyer.  Celine Strand and Hanna Flovik will debut for Fløya after they were officially declared available to play today.  

Article and photo: https://www.facebook.com/floya.kvinner
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Re: Other divisions 2014
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 08:55:56 AM »
Stabæk's neighbours, Øvrevoll-Hosle of division-1, have recruited a goalkeeper.  "Louisa Rygh is coming from Stabæk.  She has been on the club's wish-list of keepers for a while.  Louisa is joining ØHIL's squad immediately for the training session in Barcelona", wrote the club's web site.

Øvrevoll-Hosle lost two keepers over the winter and were left with only one, Anniken Jerre.  "We know Louisa well and with Tora Torrissen she made a good keeper team in Stabæk's recruit team.  I was the keeper trainer for Stabæk's recruits and we have followed her progress closely", said ØHIL's keeper trainer Olstad.

On Sunday they played a training match against Konnerud which they won 3-1.  The new keeper played 90 minutes.  "She went straight into the first eleven and stood for the whole match.  It was a good chance for her to integrate with the team.  It means that Anniken was on the bench, obviously, but she will play the next training match", said Olstad.

Øvrevoll/ Hosle - Konnerud 3-1 (2-1) 02-02-14
Goals: 1-0 Andrea Anderdal 2, 2-0 Anderdal 18, 2-1, 3-1 Aida Rajic 90.

Øvrevoll/ Hosle (4-4-2): Louisa Rygh - Hanne Ellingsen, Sofie Thingsaker, Hanna Rolfsen, Emily Werenskiold - Julie Solberg, Stine Gundersen, Mia Jahr, Andrea Anderdal - Kristine Hansen, Elisabeth Orøy.  Substitute: Aida Rajic.

Thomas Karlsen http://www.fotballmagasinet.no/?mode=news&id=27262
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 08:59:10 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Kongsvinger thrash LSK Kvinner 2
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 09:42:21 AM »
Kongsvinger had a 13-1 win over LSK Kvinner 2 in the first training match of the year, with four goals by Pernille Velta.

"We saw many good attacking combinations, a good tempo and some fine goals.  The girls also worked well in defence and they deserve praise for keeping the pressure up right through the match", Kongsvinger wrote on their web site.

Amalie Høgberget sent the hosts into the lead in Kongsvingerhallen after seven minutes before Pernilla Velta scored three in eight minutes.  Newcomer Thea Krossøy scored the 5-0 goal on her debut after half an hour.  "Many young players showed what they can do in this match.  It was good that Tuva Nilsen and Pernilla Velta came back well after being out with small injuries", wrote kildamer.com.

Keeper Thea Hestnes has returned to Kongsvinger from Lyn and on Saturday she made her second debut.  Former Vålerenga player Anna Fjeld scored twice and made four assists.

Kongsvinger - LSK Kvinner 2 13-1 (7-0), Kongsvingerhallen, 01-02-14
Goals: Pernille Velta 4, Anna Dammen Fjeld 2, Kine Hanssen 2, Amalie Høgberget, Thea Krossøy, Marte Tungen, Sara Asakskogen, Emma Kornstad.

Kongsvinger (4-4-2):
Thea Hestnes -
Amalie Høgberget (Tuva Nilsen 61), Johanne Christiansen, Emma Kornstad, Caroline Vad Østby (Lena Aarbogh 46) -
Marte Tungen (Kine Hanssen 46), Thine Hestnes (Nora Hanssen 46), Dorte Kvilten, Anna Dammen Fjeld -
Thea Krossøy (Sara Asakskogen 31), Pernille Velta (Moa Eriksson 46).  

Thomas Karlsen http://fotballmagasinet.no/?mode=news&id=27260
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 09:45:05 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 09:11:54 AM »
Kongsvinger has re-signed its old goalkeeper from Lyn.  "I am training with Kongsvinger again.  Lyn is a fine club but now that most of my old friends are still playing Kongsvinger was always a temptation.  I have missed Kongsvinger a lot and wanted to train with them again", said Thea Hestnes to Kongsvinger a week ago.

At that time it was unclear who Hestnes would sign for, but now the decision has been taken.  "2014 will be an exciting season and it could be a good one for Kongsvinger.  We are training hard.  The youngest players are stepping up and we have a small group of experienced players as well, so it could be a lot of fun", said Hestnes.

Last year she played seven matches for Kongsvinger in division-1 before joining Lyn where she played two league matches, but she has not played since August 17.  "I think I am more stable now, I am older and my lifestyle suits playing football.  I will still live in Oslo and am working at a school, and I will soon start college, so I will commute back to Kongsvinger.  We are a gang of four who travel together, so KIL has got a car on sponsorship that we will use for commuting.  It's very social and has gone well up to now", Hestnes told FotballMagainset.

Kongsvinger has also signed Thea Krossøy from Sander.  Krossøy, born 1995, has trained with Kongsvinger for a while and is a striker.  Meanwhile Thea Svalstad has transferred to Brumunddal in division-2 rather than play as Kongsvinger's second keeper.  "She debuted in division-1 against Grei in 2012, but since then has been the reserve for Kine Knashaug.  Now that Thea Hestnes is back this will be a good move for all parties", wrote kildamer.com on Sunday.

"We might well see Thea Svalstad back in the KIL shirt in the future.  She is a talented keeper and will develop now that she has a chance to play at a high level", wrote kildamer.com.

Thomas Karlsen http://www.fotballmagasinet.no/?mode=news&id=27264
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 09:14:37 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Kongsvinger to Turkey
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 10:10:14 PM »
Having lost 1-0 at Stabæk on Saturday KIL are off to Turkey for training and matches with the students from NTG Kongsvinger.  Many of the older players have also gone so that the club has almost a full first-team on the trip.

The training is being led by Åge Steen and the rest of the training team at NTG Kongsvinger.  The players are staying at the Club Grand Aqua in Side and during the week will play a team from Russia.

Training starts back at home on March 17 but before that there will be a training match against Fart indoors in Kongsvingerhallen.  Some of the players will also play the qualification match for the Junior Cup against Lillehammer on March 16.

Pernille Velta is not with the rest of the team as she is with the national Under-19 team this week.

http://www.kildamer.com/68862331/1786499/posting/treningsleir-i-tyrkia
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 07:59:49 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Sandviken signs English keeper
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2014, 03:51:31 AM »
Sandviken announced on Friday that they have signed Amy Carr from the football island.  Carr is from Hemel Hempstead near London and has played college football while studying in the USA.

22-year-old Carr will join Sandviken in April.  The club is aiming for an immediate return to the Toppserien after relegation at the end of last season and trainer Øyvind Nordtveit is assembling a strong squad.

https://www.facebook.com/kvinnefotballmagasinet   
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Sandviken in Turkey
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2014, 09:25:27 AM »
Sunday:  We had an extra Sandviken 'hurrah' on the way to Turkey for Ingrid Helene who had her birthday.  It was a fine start to her 17th bithday for our young midfielder.  We are here to enjoy ourselves in sun, summer, grass and plenty of football.  This is always the high-point of the winter!

On the plane we set course for Antalya.  With stuff from the duty-free and a lot of fun photos there is always a good mood.  At last we filed out of the plane with stiff muscles because we are not used to sitting around, and we were into the long queue for passport control and visa checking.  There were some of us who hadn't remembered to buy them at home on line even though that was the smart thing to do.

In the bus Vilde, Isabelle, Helene and Ingrid Marie took us through all the old hits from the Spice Girls and Aqua to the more modern songs.  There was an hour of medleys before we arrived at the hotel in Side, the Side Star Resort.

Here we had a look round and had good food, or 'dinner' for the more choosy ones, and after food the first thing was to go round all the rooms to find out who had the best ones.  I was very pleased with my gigantic bed and big room with loads of space and a fine view.  Then we went out on a trip to check the hotel and the area.  Many of the players didn't go far really because some boys took their attention.  A Norwegian boys' team is here, it's just a pity they go home tomorrow.

We finished the day with the usual meeting but not all had enough time.  Here we made our plans for the week, with training, matches, competitions and entertainment.  It's a fantastic week at a great hotel which we look forward to seeing in the daylight tomorrow.  Check our Instagram for photos: @ilsandviken.  

Squad: Charlotte Nilsen, Helene Gloppen, Marie Lund, Linn Aarland, Stine Hovland, Ylva Svendsen, Sara Eriksen, Isabelle Gjerde, Eli Anne Dvergsdal, Ingrid Helene Nyhus, Malin Lie, Mia Nygard, Sunniva Lillestøl, Ingrid Marie Spord, Tina Dalgard, Elida Knudsen, Marina Jensen, Vilde Øyri, Silje Torvanger, Andrea Thun.

Elise Barsnes http://ilsandviken.no/index.php/toppfotball/215-tyrkia-reisebrev-mote-med-tyrkia  
Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sandvikentoppfotball/sets/72157642502783374/
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 03:50:50 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Changing-room entertainment from Grei Kvinner Elite
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2014, 03:46:07 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=479018925560236
with Silje Kvisvik Paulsen, Marie Bechmann Madsen and Marlene Young.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 04:18:41 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Irish player to Sandviken
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2014, 07:57:24 AM »
Sandviken have signed 23-year-old Ruesha Littlejohn from Glasgow City.  Littlejohn is an Irish international player.
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2014, 08:52:54 PM »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Sandviken in Turkey
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2014, 09:28:04 PM »
Sunday: At last we are training on grass again.  Real grass under our boots, and no rain!

Our first session was on wet grass with a cloudy sky and a little cool, but perfect for football really.  Tradition says that we have competitions and the winner gets a trip to the Spa.  We started on Sunday with 'lifting the ball directly into goal', and Mia was the winner followed by Helene Gloppen and Ingrid Helene third.  The winner gets 3 points, then 2 and 1.  It must be said that we had spectators on the training pitch because there was a tournament for hotel personnel from the local area.  

A new team has been spotted at Side Star Resort.  It's a men's team from Switzerland, second-division.  For these young players the Sandviken girls are very popular, and eyes follow when the girls go past.

Just now all the activity is round Øyri and Gloppis's door.  There's always a lot going on.  Sunday evening's activity was to surprise people in the rooms and corridors, and if possible get away with some clothes and things.  We finished the evening with dancing in the foyer with the older players and some from the Swiss team.  We made all the life there was!

Monday:  At the first session the players did what they liked best, so there were a lo of shots on goal, crosses and clearances.  The pitch was used intensively and David and Elise were very mobile as ball-boys.  According to Marie Lund: "Stine Hovland is the living definition of a good clearance'.  At this session we had visitors on the pitch.  At La Manga we had snakes on the pitch - here there were crabs . . all equally good to frighten the players with.

Between sessions we had some sun bathing and music.  We do not have the best voices in the world but we can sing!  None of us managed to stay quiet for long and the swimming pool was also tested out by our 16-year-old, Malin Lie.

At the next training session we did formation play.  There was some cloud, which was good for those who tend to sweat.  The day's competition was to hit the ball on to the crossbar and the winner was Sara with Mia second and Eli Anne third.  Mia, the air-baron, leads with 5 points.

Ingrid Marie Spord wanted to show off when the Swiss boys went past.  She called, "hey, look at me now!", and fired the ball right over goal . . not much of a show-off for Spord unfortunately :).

The activity room at the hotel was well used.  The evening's activity was air-hockey and bowling.  Marie Lund beat Andrea Thun at air-hockey and won by a clear margin at bowling, with 145 points, the next one had 90.

In the evening we had Karaoke at the hotel.  Some of the players sang 'Barbie-girl' to big applause from the public.  After that the pensioners started to sing in Russian, German and Turkish and the MC took over completely.  But a good job by our girls who did their turn with engagement and good humour!

Late in the evening our last player arrived.  Ruesha Littlejohn from Scotland.  She is our last squad member to join, which is great!

http://ilsandviken.no/index.php/toppfotball/217-tyrkia-reisebrev-sondag-og-mandag    
Photos, 3 pages: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sandvikentoppfotball/sets/72157642502783374/
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 12:03:52 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Sandviken's belly-dancers
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2014, 09:21:17 AM »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
The Captain answers - Kongsvinger
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2014, 10:38:03 PM »
Anna-Marie Dammen Fjeld is Kongsvinger's captain.  She joined the first-division club after playing last season in the Toppserien for Vålerenga.  The 24-year-old plays in shirt #11 on the wing.  She is a veterinary student.

"What are Kongsvinger's ambitions for 2014?" - "Our first goal is to do better than last year.  We want to establish ourselves in the top half of the table - the top 6".

"Who will win division-1 this year?" - "Sandviken and Sarpsborg-08".

"Who will be 11th and 12th?" - "Urædd and Fart".

"Who will win the cup?" - "Stabæk".

"Which is the best away pitch to play on?" - "Color Line Stadium [Ålesund]".

"Which team is the toughest to meet?" - "Sarpsborg-08".

"Who will be the year's first-division comet?" - "I hope and believe it will be one of us, so my tip is Pernille Velta who is in great form now".

"Who will be the top-scorer?" - "Pernille Velta".

"Should the number of teams in division-1 be reduced?" - "No, I think it would create a bigger difference between the best and worst teams".

"Should the Toppserien clubs' second teams be allowed in division-1?" - "No, I think it would be unfortunate for the other clubs in the division.  The Toppserien clubs will probably come out best in the competition for players and it isn't good for all the best players to be in only a few clubs".

http://www.kvinnefotball.no/component/content/article/3-venstre/1518-kapteinene-svarer-anna-marie-danneb-fjeld

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 10:42:19 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Sandviken in Turkey
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2014, 10:04:05 AM »
Tuesday:  The first training session was voluntary so those with heavy legs or small injuries stayed at the hotel and did alternative training.  There was a lot of sunbathing and the whole squad plus trainers and support team was round the pool and sun-cream was being used.  We don't spend much time sitting around and did plenty of activities as well.

The darts contest every day at 11.00 is popular and today it was Mia who won, with Vilde second.  Elida needs to practise a bit because she could hardly hit the board and some of the spectators were in danger!

The market is only ten minutes from the hotel and we all came back with new clothes and shoes in the genuine Turkish style - super fake but really fancy!  For the second session we fetched Elida who had been with Rollon, our neighbouring men's team.  Elida charmed the whole team and we could see she was extremely popular.  

We are not so popular with some of the Germans who complained about Issa and Spord playing loud music in their room which was not to the taste of one of the German women.  Later in the evening we were not allowed into the restaurant because we were wearing shorts and slippers, but we were our usual obedient selves and put that right.

We also had a players' meeting where we chose the captain's group for the season.  Linn [Aarland] is the captain, with Vilde [Øyri] and Andrea [Thun] the vice-captains.  We also set goals for the season.    

Wednesday:  At the first session we had a ball-tricks competition.  Many players went through to round 2, and then in round 3 only Ruesha, Ingrid Helene, Charlie, Ylva and Sara were still in.  The winner was our technical newcomer from Scotland, Ruesha, with Ingrid Helene second and Charlie third.  After the competition we got nice T-shirts from our travel company here.

We have teamed up with Rollon, the men's team, at the swimming pool.  Inevitably some of the Germans came over and complained about the loud music and laughter.  You shouldn't have fun in Turkey, it can cause problems!  We managed to smooth things over and had another nice sun-filled day.  There was football beside the pool and the Rollon boys fetched the ball when it went in the water, that's if swimming-queen Malin didn't get there first!  We even had our own waiters from Rollon who brought cola for the whole team from the bar - it doesn't get any better than that!

The second training session was at our match arena and there was formation training over the whole pitch.  Our new player Ruesha got to know something about our play and not least showed us some fancy tricks that everyone in the team, including Øyvind, tried to emulate without any luck!

After that we competed all day long.  Bowling and basketball are the favourites, and here Sara and Marie were the leaders.  In the evening there was a lot of traffic between the corridors, especially by the Swiss boys.  They are very charmed by the girls and nearly the whole team turned out in boxer shorts to march down the corridor between our groups of rooms.  When they saw our trainers suddenly standing in the corridor they jumped, to Øyvind's prolonged laughter!

Elise Barsnes http://ilsandviken.no/index.php/toppfotball/219-tyrkia-reisebrev-tirsdag-og-onsdag
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 07:28:20 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Sandviken in Turkey
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2014, 09:49:46 AM »
Thursday-Saturday: On Thursday it was matchday for Sandviken versus the Belarus Under-19 team.  Andrea had a huge chance in the first half but her lob went over the bar and later she had to go off after a tackle.  The first goal came when Stine Hovland scored her first in the Sandviken shirt after 37 minutes.

At half time we made four changes and our new Scottish player, Ruesha Littlejohn came on.  Our second goal came after a corner when Stine headed the ball to Silje who put the ball in goal in the 54th minute.  Our third goal came when Elida was brought down.  Malin took the ball quickly and was determined to take the kick.  We didn't have the regular penalty shooters on the field so that was fine, and she put it into goal to cheers from the bench and the stands.  Towards the end Belarus came back in and after some mistakes by us a Belarus player shot from 27 yards.  Charlie got a hand to the ball but was too far out to make a proper save.  Despite that she had a fine match without being very busy.

We won the match 3-1 and must thank Rollon men's team for their fantastic support from the stands.  All in all a fun match and a fine finish to the week in Turkey.

On Friday we went through the video analysis of the match before some intense sunbathing, and Ruesha learned some important Bergen sayings.  At our second session we had our penalty competition where among others Rollon's keeper took part.  Sara was the overall winner of the week's competition and she got the 500 kroner prize.

In the afternoon it was time for a beach volleyball competition between IL Sandviken and SK Rollon.  We had former international player Sara and experienced player Vilde.  All the games were up and down and we surprised the boys, but we eventually lost the match.  Afterwards we enjoyed ourselves in the evening sun - a great finish to the week in Turkey.

After that it was back to the hotel for showering and changing, and some had a haircut with the hotel's local hairdresser.  No complaints about a hair-do costing 100 kroner that would cost 500 in Norway.  After dinner we had a disco.

By tradition we finished our last evening with entertainment, with five groups.  From Isabelle and Ingrid Marie we had a dance show with costumes and juggling at the end.  Linn, Ruesha, Mia and Marie did songs, dancing and some poetry, and we got a taste of Scottish rhythms, with Ruesha in charge.

From Helene, Vilde, Andrea and Tina we had a newly composed song about the whole team, with some rapping from Andrea with backing by the others, on the theme of 'we were relegated but we'll soon be back in the Toppserien'.

The youngsters, Malin, Elida, Charlotte, Marina, Ylva and Ingrid Helene, did hiphop with Malin in the lead, and they got some of the Rollon boys to take part.

Winners of the entertainment competion were Sara, Sunniva, Silje, Stine, Eli Anne and Elise with Tarkan's Bellydancers.  See them here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKD9yQnEks0  

Saturday:  We enjoyed the sunshine for our last hours before it was time to go back to Norway where snow has been reported.  Almost the whole team turned out to watch FK Rollon with a new cheer based on what we had found out about them.  Maybe not all football-related, but entertaining, Rollon? :)

The Rollon boys waved goodbye to us when we left Side Star Resort, and Elida got a 'goodbye kiss' from her Rollon boy.  Obviously we were a bit late at the airport but there was time for eating and shopping.  On the plane most of us slept to the relief of the stewards.  We were late home and most of us spent Sunday relaxing.

It has been a fantastic week in great conditions.  I have only been able to do light keeper training so was not able to enjoy the grass pitches as much as the others, and spent most of the time filming and taking pictures of the good training we have done.  We also had access to a room with good strength-training facilities.  We have found our rhythm and there is only a little fine tuning needed before the start of the season.

Outside the sporting side there has been a great mood in the group all week and we made a good partnership with SK Rollon.  We look forward to our away match against Fortuna Ålesund where there will be great support from the stands!  

Prizes:
Precision competition: Sara Eriksen
Most active: Eli Anne Dvergsdal
We should also say that our keeper-trainer Hege Hope only took the lift up to her 5th floor room once!
Boy-mad: Elida Knudsen
Dancer: Malin Lie
Best in the games room: Marie Lund
Sun-queen: Stine Hovland

See you later, Turkey!

Elise Barsnes http://www.ilsandviken.no/index.php/toppfotball/220-tyrkia-reisebrev-torsdag-til-lordag
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 08:19:27 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Old friends at Fløya
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2014, 09:33:47 PM »
Former Røa player and Fløya trainer Elisabeth Wahlin is taking the team over again at short notice but can not make the start of the season.

"We have not discussed the way forward but I have agreed to do some training and attend the match tomorrow (against TUIL)", said Wahlin.  She has not trained the
club this year because of her demanding job situation.  The club is also contacting other candidat to take over permanently.

Former assistant trainer and international midfielder Anneli Giske is also going to contribute.  However neither of the two can be at the TUIL training match.  Wahlin works in the Tromsø police while Giske is working as a doctor.

Lars Eidissen article + picture: http://www.itromso.no/sport/article9487801.ece
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Anneli Giske back for Fløya
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2014, 12:14:39 PM »
Fløya has something to celebrate at last, a 4-0 home win over Kongsvinger in division-1.

Goals by Christine Olsen, Guro Bell Pettersen and Sandra Simonsen went a long way towards deciding the result by half time.  After that Katrine Meyer scored another.  "It was a vital six-point match for us.  The girls stood together and we talked a lot about 'carpe diem', and we also had the good feelings from our cup match against TIL", said temporary trainer Elin Nikolaisen.  

"We got rid of all negative thoughts today.  We have talked for a week about how this is a match we should win" said goal-scorer Simonsen.  Both she and Bell Pettersen represent the new generation at Fløya.  The teenagers from inland joined last summer.  "We have no ambitions about promotion this year.  This is positive for our future.  We have a really young team and they are taking steps forward all the way", said Bell Pettersen.  

Norwegian international midfielder Anneli Giske, more recently the club's assistant trainer, who retired at the end of 2013, was back in the green shirt of Fløya.  "When we heard that Anneli would be with us, it gave us all a lift", said Guro Bell Pettersen.

"I never retired because I was bored.  So now there have been some injury problems and they asked me, obviously I accepted", said Anneli Giske.  

"Can you play a few matches?" - "You must never say never and this is not a comeback for the rest of the season, but it gives me a taste of football when I get to play in a match like this", said Giske.

"It's so good to see Anneli in the role.  She is almost like a mother-figure on the pitch.  She must have run ten kilometres today and it gave the girls a lot of security", said Nikolaisen.

Nikolaisen led her last match today because this week Fløya will have a new trainer.  Both Leni Larsen Kaurin and Peter Pedersen from Denmark are possibilities.  "Coming in for the odd match is fun.  You can contribute when it's needed, but a chief trainer must be there every day and for me the commuting is too much", said Elin Nikolaisen, who lives at Bardufoss.

The next match is on Sunday in Bergen against Åsane.

Lars Eidissen http://www.itromso.no/sport/article9661115.ece

FLØYA-KIL 4-0 (3-0), division 1, Fløyabanen
Spectators: 50
Ref: Helene Johansen, FK Silsand
Cards: none
Goals: 1-0 Christine Olsen 8, 2-0 Guro Bell Pedersen 26, 3-0 Sandra N. Simonsen 35, 4-0 Katrine Meyer 52.

Fløya: Skjesol, Olsen, Lyshoel, Varem Vang, Kaspersen, Strand, Jakobsen, Jakobsen, Simonsen, Johansen, Giske, Bell Pedersen.
Subs: Katrine Meyer, Reidun Nilsen, Hanna Flovik.

Video interviews, Guro Bell Pettersen and Sandra Simonsen.  Simonsen standing there pulling faces and wriggling looks an engaging young player: http://www.nordlys.no/sporten/article7350372.ece
Photos: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.847688211914849.1073741847.455731227777218&type=1

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 09:48:36 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.