Author Topic: National team 2014  (Read 10809 times)

Offline Alan

• View Profile
National team 2014
« on: December 27, 2013, 08:01:16 PM »
Norway squad to La Manga:  Even Pellerud has picked the squad going to Spain for training matches against Spain on January 14 and England on January 17.

Ingrid Hjelmseth  -  Stabæk
Nora Neset Gjøen -  LSK Kvinner
Cecilie Fiskerstrand  -  Langevåg
Maren Mjelde  -  Turbine Potsdam
Lene Mykjåland  -  LSK Kvinner
Ingvild Stensland  -  Stabæk
Trine Rønning  -  Stabæk
Emilie Bosshard Haavi  -  LSK Kvinner
Elise Thorsnes  -  Stabæk
Marita Skammelsrud Lund  -  LSK Kvinner
Ingvild Landvik Isaksen  -  Stabæk
Anja Sønstevold  -  Kolbotn
Kristine Minde (formerly Hegland)  -  Linköping
Cathrine Høegh Dekkerhus -  Stabæk
Nora Holstad Berge  -  Bayern Munich
Caroline Graham Hansen  -  Tyresö
Ada Stolsmo Hegerberg  -  Turbine Potsdam
Ingrid Moe Wold  -  LSK Kvinner
Melissa Linn Berman Bjånesøy  -  Stabæk
Guro Reiten  -  Trondheims-Ørn
Andrine Tomter  -  Kolbotn
Stine Pettersen Reinås  -  Stabæk
some clubs updated

Mari Stanisic Waagaard http://www.fotball.no/Landslag_og_toppfotball/Landslag/A-kvinner/2013/Kvinnelandslagets-La-Manga-tropp/

Cecilie Fiskerstrand is a promising keeper from Ålesund who plays in the U-19s and is being marked out as a possible future A-team player.  She also pays handball for Ålesund but not in goal - she is a top scorer: http://www.smp.no/100Sport/handball/article8319507.ece
This is probably Andrine Tomter's first trip with the A-team as well.

17-year-old in national squad

Cecilie Fiskerstrand is still surprised a week after she got the call to join Norway's national team on their trip to La Manga.  Even Pellerud sees the 17-year-old as one of the country's most exciting keeper talents, so much so that she is in the Norwegian squad of 22 leaving for Spain on January 10.  "First I thought someone was trying to fool me, but then Even Pellerud phoned up and I knew it was no joke", she said.

Fiskerstrand is no stranger to international football.  "I have played in the U-15, U-16, U-17 and U-19 national teams, but I am still shocked to have been invited to go on tour with the A-team.  It was the best Christmas present I could have had", said Cecilie, who heard about it a week ago.  She is the only one in the squad born in 1996 although there are four other young players in the squad.

"I knew about Caroline Graham Hansen, Ada Hegerberg, Stine Reinås and Andrine Tomter.  For me it will be a big experience and obviously I don't expect match time but this is going to be really exciting and a lot of fun", said the happy teenager.

Jarle Mordal, Sunnmørsposten http://www.smp.no/100Sport/fotball/article8870101.ece
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 09:59:00 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
La Manga trip coming up
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 07:59:37 PM »
Norway's women are preparing for more World Cup qualifying matches with two friendlies in Spain.

The new year is in full swing and tradition says that the national team will have a meeting in La Manga.  This year they will meet Spain and England.  The qualification matches are only a month away.

"Football has become an all-year sport and it's important for us to keep going. We meet Greece in February and we need to drive up the intensity and the tactics", Even Pellerud told fotball.no.

The two friendlies will give important training and Pellerud is happy to meet tough opponents.  "Spain is improving fast; we beat them in the European Cup but it was a hard match with plenty of excitement.  They are good opponents and so are England", he said.

Many well known names are going on the trip but there are some new ones as well, among them the talented keeper Cecilie Fiskerstrand and left-back Andrine Tomter.  Fiskerstrand also played in Norway's U-16 handball team last year.  Stabæk's Stine Reinås was due to go but has a back injury, so Ingrid Schjelderup of Vålerenga has been called in.  Anja Sønstevold and Guro Reiten are on the tour, after their first call-up in the autumn last year.

"We are in a renewal process.  Last year's team was not an old one but we were a bit above the average.  Now some of the older ones are not in the squad", said Pellerud.  "We were looking for a left-foot player, and Tomter and Reiten are both talented players who should be raised up.  Reinås is a good defender for Stabæk who has had some injury problems but she will come back.  Schjelderup is not young but had a good season last year and has been knocking on the door".

The trainer also hinted that Fiskerstrand could make her debut since Ingrid Hjelmseth is not available to play on the tour.  "Fiskerstrand is perhaps our most exciting keeper talent and we wanted to see her in the senior team.  Ingrid Hjelmseth will be with us but she has had a finger operation and will not play.  Nora Gjøen and Fiskerstrand will take care of the goalkeeping", he said.

After the first training sessions the chief is pleased with what he has seen of the players.  It looks as if they have worked well over Christmas.  "I hope we will confirm that we have kept a high level of physique and that we are a lot better than we were this time last year.  Also I want confirmation that we are still a good team even though we are a little younger this year", said Even Pellerud.      

Erlend Marius Aas http://www.fotball.no/Landslag_og_toppfotball/Landslag/A-kvinner/2014/Landslagsjentene-tester-kampformen1/  

Ingrid Hjelmseth  -  Stabæk
Nora Neset Gjøen -  LSK Kvinner
Cecilie Fiskerstrand  -  Langevåg
Maren Mjelde  -  Turbine Potsdam
Lene Mykjåland  -  LSK Kvinner
Ingvild Stensland  -  Stabæk
Trine Rønning  -  Stabæk
Emilie Bosshard Haavi  -  LSK Kvinner
Elise Thorsnes  -  Stabæk
Marita Skammelsrud Lund  -  LSK Kvinner
Ingvild Isaksen  -  Kolbotn
Anja Sønstevold  -  Kolbotn
Kristine Minde  -  Linköping
Cathrine Høegh Dekkerhus -  Stabæk
Nora Holstad Berge  -  Bayen Munich
Caroline Graham Hansen  -  Stabæk
Ada Stolsmo Hegerberg  -  Turbine Potsdam
Ingrid Moe Wold  -  LSK Kvinner
Melissa Bjånesøy  -  Stabæk
Guro Reiten  -  Trondheims-Ørn
Andrine Tomter  -  Kolbotn
Stine Reinås  -  Stabæk  (withdrew 10 Jan.)
Ingrid Schjelderup  -  Vålerenga  (new 10 Jan.)

14/1 Spain – Norway, 12:00, La Manga,    
17/1 England – Norway, 15:00, La Manga.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 01:52:12 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Hegerberg matchwinner in stoppage time
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 07:33:13 PM »
Norway's team is in La Manga this week and on Tuesday they played their first match of the year, which ended with a 2-1 win over Spain.  Trainer Even Pellerud was not over-impressed.  "It was a good result but this was a rusty team.  We struggled and it was deserved.  We never came up to Spain's level in the first half but in the second half we were a little better.  We had a better structure and the substitutes raised the team", he told fotball.no.

Spain took a 1-0 lead after only four minutes when Veronica Boquete sent the ball into the top corner of the goal.  Elise Thorsnes took an equaliser in the 50th minute after she was played through by Lene Mykjåland.  The decisive goal came in stoppage time with a good cross from substitute Andrine Tomter which Ingrid Moe Wold almost scored from, and Ada Stolsmo Hegerberg netted the return from a nearly impossible angle.

"It was important to take the win.  It means a lot and we are glad about it, but there is a lot that must be put right before we meet England on Friday", said the trainer.  He said Norway had had some good chances including an overhead kick by Hegerberg that hit the crossbar.  But Spain created more chances.  "Spain were not pleased to lose this match", he said.  "We put the focus on playing a solid match but there were too many heavy legs and poor decisions, so the passing was not good.  We were poor with the ball".  

Pellerud had hoped that the team would play better despite being off-season.  "I know the girls have trained a lot and perhaps they lack some of the intensity in their play.  They have not done much ball-training but I was expecting a better level than we achieved today", he said.

There are five new players in the squad and today four of them had some match time.  Pellerud was happy with what he saw of Anja Sønstevold, Guro Reiten, Andrine Tomter and Ingrid Schjelderup.  "We chose the squad to give young players experience, and I think they came in and did well", he said.

Erlend Marius Aas http://www.fotball.no/Landslag_og_toppfotball/Landslag/A-kvinner/2014/Norge---Spania/

Spain-Norway 1-2 (1-0), training match, La Manga 14-01-14
Spectators: 100
Referee: Elia Martinez, Spain
Cards: none
Goals: 1-0 Veronica Boquete 4, 1-1 Elise Thorsnes 50, 1-2 Ada Stolsmo Hegerberg 90.

Norway:
Nora Neset Gjøen -
Maren Mjelde, Trine Rønning, Nora Holstad Berge, Marita Skammelsrud Lund (Andrine Tomter 77) -
Lene Mykjåland, Cathrine Dekkerhus (Ingrid Schjelderup 65), Anja Sønstevold (Melissa Bjånesøy 46) -
Emilie Haavi (Ingrid Moe Wold 65), Ada Stolsmo Hegerberg, Elise Thorsnes (Guro Reiten 62).
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 01:50:23 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Driving up the intensity
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 09:20:48 AM »
Even Pellerud is hoping for alert feet in the match against England on Friday.  The Norwegian team beat Spain on Tuesday in La Manga but the chief was critical of their performance.  At 15.00 today they have another chance to show their skills in a tough challenge against England.

"We have driven up the intensity to find more speed in the legs and we have had more football training, so we are hoping that has helped.  I believe it will be a better match than the last one, but we'll have to see", Pellerud told fotball.no.

He says they have had a detailed look at the Spain match and hope for a more positive approach today.  "We will be solidly organised and make correct decisions.  I want to see more of the play that we achieved in the autumn.  I don't expect top form but I would like us to be closer to where we want to be", he said.

England has made big improvements for several years but the European Cup was a disappointment for them.  Several changes have been made and Mark Sampson has taken over as the chief trainer from Hope Powell.  "It will be exciting to see them.  They are in a generation shift and have a new trainer team.  Last year was a bit disappointing but there is a lot more enthusiasm and 'go' in the team.  It will be a good match", said Pellerud.

English teams are often known for their physical play, which Pellerud thinks is mistaken.  "They are much more possession-oriented than many people in Norway think.  They have been judged on their old reputation", he said.   

The trainer says that several changes will be made in the team but he has not yet decided who the starters will be.  "We are looking at the options.  Some will not play and we have a couple of newcomers.  Kristine Minde [formerly Hegland] has arrived now and is ready to play.  She's a good player.  We are also hoping that Caroline Graham Hansen will be able to play 45 minutes".  Graham Hansen has had a slight knee injury and the chief does not want to take any chances. 

He also said that some of the debutantes from the last match could have matchtime against England.  "We want to see more from those who played well.  Whether they will start or come in as substitutes we'll see later".   

Erlend Marius Aas http://www.fotball.no/Landslag_og_toppfotball/Landslag/A-kvinner/2014/--Har-kjort-opp-intensiteten/
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Fiskerstrand debut for Norway
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 06:10:45 PM »
A 17-year-old goalkeeper started for Norway against England this afternoon in the friendly in Spain.  Cecilie Fiskerstrand, who usually plays in Langevåg boys' team, played the whole match, which ended in a 1-1 draw.

Norway's trainer Even Pellerud was impressed by the young keeper's performance.  "She played very well.  There was nothing she could have done to stop the goal and she had a faultless match.  She is a well qualified keeper who did things right", he told fotball.no.  "She was surprised to be sent out to play and did a good job".

Fiskerstrand trains with the men's team at her club near Ålesund and plays matches with the youth team.  She has also played well in international youth teams, the girls' U-15s to U-19s.  "We have been watching her for a while and she has been doing well.  She is serious and works decisively to improve.  She has a lot to learn but is already a good keeper", said Pellerud.  Fiskerstrand has also played Under-16 handball for Norway, where she scores goals instead of saving them.

England took the lead early in the match.  Already after nine minutes Eniola Aluko ran in from the left and shot into goal.  The women from the football island had most of the ball throughout, but Norway competed well and had good spells and chances.  For a long time it looked as if England would win, but five minutes from the end substitute Melissa Bjånesøy rose and headed in the equaliser after a corner from newcomer Guro Reiten.  "She is good at sending in a difficult ball in the air.  It was good to see it go in at the far post", said the trainer.

He said the match represented a step up in Norway's play from the 2-1 win over Spain on Tuesday: "Many of the players were not in match form and it showed.  But this was a well played match and a better one than before.  We were better in both defence and attack".

The squad is returning to Norway on Sunday.  The chief says it has been a good and useful January meeting.  "It has been very useful.  The pitches and the weather have been fine.  We have worked on fitness and football, we have seen several debutantes and found out what they can do.  We have created competition within the group and got some good results", said Even Pellerud.    

Erlend Marius Aas http://www.fotball.no/Landslag_og_toppfotball/Landslag/A-kvinner/2014/Norge---England/

England-Norway 1-1 (1-0), training match, La Manga, January 17 2014
Spectators: 80
Ref: Elia Marie Martinez, Spain
Cards: none
Goals: 1-0 Eniola Aluko 9, Melissa Bjånesøy 86.

Norway:
Cecilie Hauståker Fiskerstrand -
Maren Mjelde (Cathrine Høegh Dekkerhus 46), Trine Rønning (Marita Skammelsrud Lund 46), Nora Holstad Berge, Andrine Tomter -
Lene Mykjåland, Guro Reiten, Kristine Minde -
Caroline Graham Hansen (Ingrid Schjelderup 46), Ada Stolsmo Hegerberg, Elise Hove Thorsnes (Melissa Linn Berman Bjånesøy 75).
Skipper: Trine Rønning (1st half), Nora Holstad Berge (2nd).

'One of the boys': http://www.womensfootball.eu/forum/index.php/topic,7012.msg67537.html#msg67537
English highlights video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk3tjla18KA
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 05:05:18 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Faultless debut by Fiskerstrand
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 09:25:01 AM »
Trainer Even Pellerud was clear in his judgement after 17-year-old Cecilie Fiskerstrand from Langevåg made her debut for Norway's A-team on Friday.

Cecilie's debut came at La Manga in Spain, against England, in a match that ended 1-1.  One of the youngest keepers to play for Norway, she stood for the full 90 minutes.  "I found out the day before that I would start against England, and could hardly sleep all night.  I lay and imagined everything that could go wrong, but I calmed down once the match had started", she told Sunnmørsposten.

She had a tough opening to the match when England took the lead after nine minutes.  "I felt that I could not have taken the shot.  The ball went via a defender and I was completely out of it.  But perhaps I will take shots like that after another three years", she smiled.

Norway equalised with a header by Melissa Bjånesøy only four minutes from the end, and afterwards Cecilie ran over to the scorer and gave her a big hug.  "It was really good that we didn't lose on my debut, so Melissa got a hug", she smiled.

At the dinner after the match Cecilie was given her debutante's pin and a pennant as a reminder of the match, and she was praised by Pellerud.  "I was apprehensive to see Cecilie so nervous before the start, but she controlled it masterfully.  She was relaxed and directed her defenders well.  She is really the most promising young keeper we have in Norway, and I am not surprised over her achievement today.  A faultless debut", said the trainer.

An extra bit of fun for the Sula girl was that father Ronny Fiskerstrand, himself a brilliant player for Langevåg IL in his time, had taken the trip to La Manga to watch his daughter's debut.  "That was the icing on the cake", said Cecilie, who got a hug from her dad after the match.      

Helge Skuseth
Article and team photo: http://www.smp.no/100Sport/fotball/kvinner/article413339.snd
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 08:56:23 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Letter from La Manga
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 08:38:10 PM »
Hi, all at home.  Now we have been at La Manga for four days, and we are with national teams from several other nations, and also men's teams like Barcelona's youth team and Borussia Dortmund.  Although we packed everything including thermal underwear, gloves and woolly hats, the weather has been a pleasant surprise.  Perfect training conditions, sun at times, not much wind, and with very eatable food we have nothing to grumble about.

The first big challenge is already behind us when we met Spain on their home turf.  It was not much of a match from our side but with a wholehearted effort we managed a 2-1 win, something we are really pleased about.  Our LSK-ers were on the field.

The second match is against England on Friday.  Outside some good training sessions, a lot of food, a little sunbathing (with goosebumps) and meetings we have some unused time.  Nora has gone with Guro Reiten on daily trips out, mainly to the nearest shops but, more adventurously, to Superspar.

Moe is almost a fully qualified physiotherapist now, and has learned to enjoy life as a Norwegian worker with a lot of free time.  She has started to read a Norwegian novel.  We have also taken a tour to the swimming pool, but had little luck with our pool-look and decided to let it be.

Otherwise TV series are always a winner when we have long days to while away.  Here we have an expert because Miss Mykjåland is a borderline oracle when it comes to tips about the best series to watch.  She has her limitations, though, and recommended a halleluia-musical-America-feelgood-series Smash, and we can confirm it showed the limitations of her taste.

We hope you are having a good time at home.  We hear about cold and unpleasant weather, and that the pitch at Åråsen is covered in snow.  But who cares when we have the LSK hall?  

Hei og hopp
Spis opp
Vask med mopp
Så blir det topp  
(untranslateable :))    

Nora Neset Gjøen, Ingrid Moe Wold.  On twitter @nngjoen and @ingmw - we have almost no followers.
http://www.lsk.no/women/article/t9r2yedqkk8f15hna75i927tu/title/reisebrev-fra-la-manga
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
England-Norway highlights video
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 09:05:55 AM »
The FA's match report from La Manga with a 5-minute highlights video and other videos:
http://www.thefa.com/news/england/womens/2014/jan/england-v-norway-la-manga-match-report

Finjord playing football again

Norway's trainer Roger Finjord, who assists Even Pellerud in training the women's team, will be back on the field this year when time permits.

"BUL asked me if I could contribute and I said yes, when I am not away on national team duties", said Finjord, who says he has a lot to gain by being active on the training pitch.  "The national team can't have players who don't train between meetings, and it can't have trainers who haven't been out and played football.  For me it means that I will be sharper when I meet the national team", he said.  

He has been impressed by the effort put in by trainers and players at Bossekop UL.  "Their engagement and their ambitions to reach division-1 are impressive", he said.  The club is also pleased.  "Erling Persen will continue as chief trainer but it will mean a lot for the girls and the trainer team to have Roger contributing his skill", said manager Lasse Sørnes.

Roger Finjord lives in Alta, Finnmark and was Stabæk's chief trainer during 2010 and 2011.  

Magne Ek http://www.altaposten.no/lokalt/sport/article9003009.ece
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 02:15:39 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Squad for Greece match
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2014, 08:43:58 AM »
Even Pellerud has picked the Norwegian squad for the World Cup qualification match in Greece next month:

Ingrid Hjelmseth - Stabæk
Nora Neset Gjøen - LSK Kvinner
Kristine Minde - Arna-Bjørnar
Nora Holstad Berge - Bayern München
Marita Skammelsrud Lund - LSK Kvinner
Lene Mykjåland - LSK Kvinner
Emilie Haavi - LSK Kvinner
Ingvild Stensland - Stabæk
Cathrine Dekkerhus - Stabæk
Caroline Graham Hansen - Stabæk
Ingvild Isaksen - Stabæk
Melissa Bjånesøy - Stabæk
Maren Mjelde - Turbine Potsdam
Ada Stolsmo Hegerberg - Turbine Potsdam
Elise Thorsnes - Stabæk
Trine Rønning - Stabæk
Andrine Tomter - Kolbotn
Ingrid Schjelderup - Stabæk

Greece-Norway, February 13, 15.00, Komotini Stadium.

http://www.fotball.no/Landslag_og_toppfotball/Landslag/A-kvinner/2014/Norges-tropp-til-VM-kvalik/
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Greece-Norway on Thursday
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2014, 06:28:54 PM »
The Norwegians are determined not to underestimate the strength of Greece's team in Thursday's World Cup qualification match.  It will be the first important match they have played this year and they are hoping to continue their winning run in the fourth of the qualifying matches.

Even Pellerud is not worried about the team's form.  "There are always a few butterflies before a match but we will have a stronger team than Greece.  Playing a qualification in February is a bit early for Norwegian players so we have had a long meeting to find top formbefore the match  I hope and believe we are ready", Pellerud told fotball.no.

The squad had a training meeting in December and then training matches against Spain and England in La Manga a month ago.  This time they have been together in Greece since last Friday.  "The players are in good form and did a good job in December and January.  Their touch is not quite as good as it is in the summer but I'm not worried about that.  We have built a good foundation and prepared well", said the trainer.  "There were variations in what we did at La Manga but we took a win in stoppage time against Spain, and against England we had a late equaliser which was important for our confidence".  

Ada Stolsmo Hegerberg was central in the win over Spain with her late winner.  The Turbine Potsdam stated a clear intention to attack the Greek goal.  "I am here to score.  I will definitely get several chances through the match, so it will be about taking advantage of them.  I always put pressure on myself no matter who we are playing", Hegerberg told fotball.no.

Like the Toppserien players Hegerberg has been without match time as the German league has had a winter break since December and will start up again in a couple of weeks.  "Form is starting to improve now.  The German league starts soon so we have had a few training matches lately and I have been feeling good.  Starting here with a match in Greece is a great way to start up.  All our players here have trained well and are ready", said the striker.

"It has also been really cold in Germany recently, so it was good to come down here to some slightly warmer weather", she smiled.  

Norway stands with nine points after three good wins in the autumn.  Greece is without a point from our matches, after losses to both Netherlands and Belgium.  "There's no doubt we have a better team than them, but we are not taking this lightly.  We must take over the play from the start.  In this kind of match it's easy to relax a little so we must stay sharp", said Hegerberg.  "This is a very important match, like all the qualification matches.  Greece is quite a different team from the ones we have met so far.  I have never played against them, in the youth teams or the seniors, so it will be exciting to meet new opponents".

Pellerud is not underestimating the Greeks either.  "Greece has disappointed a little but they have been on the card in women's football for several years.  Now they have had a poor start.  They are playing at home and will try to prove a point so we must be ready", said the trainer.

"How will Norway beat Greece?" - "It's about keeping a high tempo in our play, but at the same time we must be patient.  It's always good to take an early goal against teams like this and I hope we can achieve that.  Physically and tactically we are better than them but they are good with the ball.  They will look for counterattacks from the start.  This will not be an easy match", said Pellerud.

Norway will be without captain Ingvild Stensland and Cathrine Dekkerhus for this match.  Both are injured and unavailable to play.  Two more players have been called up: Guro Reiten of Trondheims-Ørn and Gry Tofte Ims of Klepp.        

Christer Madsen http://www.fotball.no/Landslag_og_toppfotball/Landslag/A-kvinner/2014/Pellerud-og-Hegerberg-om-Hellas/

Caroline Graham Hansen has travelled home to Norway with an injury.  Ida Elise Enget has been called in as a replacement (Stabæk forum).
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 08:12:06 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Belgium-Netherlands draw
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2014, 08:20:11 AM »
Last night Belgium and the Netherlands (in Norway's group) cancelled each other out in a 1-1 draw.  They each have ten points from five matches.  At the same time Portugal beat Albania 7-2.

Vivianne Miedema scored soon after half time, a medium-distance whistler into the top of the net by Holland's 17-year-old answer to Ada Hegerberg.  Belgium's equaliser was a well-worked goal from a cross after 75 minutes and the Netherlands nervously played out the remainder of the match with a player sent off, as Belgium put a shot on the crossbar.  So both Norway's chief opponents have dropped two points.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 09:05:05 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Greece 0 Norway 5
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2014, 06:11:39 PM »
Norway were able to smile this afternoon when the goals started to go in in the second half.

The visitors dominated the match and took a decisive away win.  They struggled to score at first and Maren Mjelde missed a penalty, but Kristine Minde's opening goal in the 45th minute steadied the nerves.  "It was a one-way street and we should have won by more", said Even Pellerud to fotball.no.  "In the first half the finishing phase wasn't working.  We missed some big chances and it wasn't looking good to us on the sidelines.  The 1-0 goal did a lot of good and prepared us for the second half.  When we scored again it was plain sailing.  The play got better and better and we just had to hold our concentration".

Pellerud was pleased with the play.  "We managed to keep the tempo up.  There was quality in the passing and we went past on the wings.  The defence was very disciplined.  It wasn't the most difficult match for them but they concentrated and didn't give Greece any chances do do anything", he said.

Lene Mykjåland spent a lot of last year injured, but today she played in an unusual position for her and drew praise from the trainer.  "Lene was very good.  She has a fine passing foot and made a nice assist.  It was a fine comeback for her.  I also think Andrine Tomter played very well when she came in, while Guro Reiten was good in central midfield.  It was good for those young players to gain match experience and a lot of fun that they played so well", he said.

Norway could also celebrate the other results in the group.  The two challengers, Belgium and Netherlands, played a draw in their match.  It means that Norway heads the group with four straight wins and a game in hand over those two nations.  "We are in a good position but nothing has been decided", said Norway's trainer.

Elise Thorsnes scored twice.  "It's a long time since I scored twice in an international match, so I am very pleased.  It's always good to score", she said.  Now the 25-year-old is hoping that the team can make it through to the finals in Canada next year.  "We have done well so far, with four wins.  There are some tough matches to come, but we have a good starting-point and now it's up to us", said Thorsnes.

Greece 0 Norway 5 (0-1), World Cup 2015 qualifer, DAK Komotini Stadium, February 13 2014
Ref: Vesna Budimir, Croatia
Yellow cards: Sidira, Minde
Goals: Kristine Minde 45, Elise Thorsnes 61 & 75, Ada Hegerberg 67, Melissa Bjånesøy 90.

Norway:
Ingrid Hjelmseth -
Maren Mjelde, Trine Rønning (Marita Skammelsrud Lund 76), Nora Holstad Berge, Lene Mykjåland -
Ingrid Schjelderup (Andrine Tomter 46), Guro Reiten, Ingvild Landvik Isaksen (Melissa Linn Berman Bjånesøy 76) -
Elise Thorsnes, Kristine Minde -
Ada Hegerberg.

Christer Madsen http://www.fotball.no/Landslag_og_toppfotball/Landslag/A-kvinner/2014/Se-Norges-lag-mot-Hellas/

Norway played 4, 12 points, Belgium 5/10, Netherlands 5/10, Portugal 4/6, Albania 5/3, Greece 5/0.
Photos: http://www.uefa.com/women/photos/photo.html#2054992
Today's scorers snapped by the team's administrator:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 08:55:48 AM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline law10

• View Profile
Re: National team 2014
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2014, 06:43:12 PM »
That draw was a great result, means both have dropped 5 points.

btw, new site:  http://www.uefa.com/index-beta.html

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Algarve Cup squad
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2014, 08:30:24 AM »
Even Pellerud has picked the squad to travel to southern Portugal for the Algarve Cup at the beginning of March:

Ingrid Hjelmseth, Stabæk
Silje Vesterbekkmo, Røa
Nora Gjøen, LSK Kvinner *
Guro Reiten, Trondheims-Ørn *
Andrine Tomter, Kolbotn
Ingrid Ryland, Arna-Bjørnar
Emilie B Haavi, LSK Kvinner *
Marita Skammelsrud Lund, LSK Kvinner
Lene Mykjåland, LSK Kvinner
Isabell Herlovsen, LSK Kvinner
Maren Mjelde, Turbine Potsdam
Ada Stolsmo Hegerberg, Turbine Potsdam
Kristine Minde, Linköping
Nora Holstad Berge, Bayern Munchen
Melissa Bjånesøy, Stabæk *
Cathrine Dekkerhus, Stabæk
Ida Elise Enget, Stabæk
Ingvild Isaksen, Stabæk
Trine Rønning, Stabæk
Ingrid Schjelderup, Stabæk
Ingvild Stensland, Stabæk
Elise Thorsnes, Stabæk

*These players are also selected for the Under-23s at La Manga and they will travel from there to the Algarve.

One more player will be selected during the Under-23 meeting in Spain.

Matches:
05/03: Norway – China 15.00 (Municipal Stadium VRS Antonia)
07/03: Norway – Iceland 14.00 (Municipal Stadium Lagos)
10/03: Germany – Norway 17.30 (Municipal Stadium, Albufeira)
12/03: Placing match.

http://www.fotball.no/Landslag_og_toppfotball/Landslag/A-kvinner/2014/Norges-tropp-til-Algarve-Cup/
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Extreme level of international activity
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2014, 09:41:03 AM »
Norway is experiencing a very high level of activity by many of its international teams, according to top football chief Nils Johan Semb.  Nine teams will play 13 matches in the next eight days.

"It's very good for Norwegian football.  It's important for our players at home to have international matches during our winter break", said Semb.  March 2014 is starting with many international visits, with the NFF sending a total of 172 players out to different tournaments at senior and junior level.  It's a total that gladdens the chief.  "The players get worthwhile matching which they will all learn from, and they will take that experience back to their clubs.  It's extremely important if we are going to develop our national teams", he said.

On the men's side the U-16s are in Portugal to meet Netherlands, USA and the hosts, while the U-17s are on their way to Iceland for two training matches.  The U-19s are taking a trip ro Greece to prepare for European Cup qualification matches.  The U-21s have a new trainer and will play against Russia in Marbella on Wednesday.  The U-23s and the seniors will play friendly matches in the Czech Republic and the seniors' match will be on Viasat on Wednesday.

"On the women's side I am especially excited about the A-team who are going to their annual Algarve tournament where they will meet top opponents including Germany.  This team has a very good mix of players and over they winter they have brought up even more of the younger generation into the seniors.  It will also be exciting to follow the U-19s: we are the arrangers for this summer's U-19 European Cup and it will be good to see how they perform in their preparation for the tournament", said Semb.

The U-19s will have strong opponent in a La Manga tournament starting in a week's time when they will meet the USA, Italy and the Netherlands.  The U-23s are already in La Manga where they meeting strong teams, Germany Japan and the USA.  Some of the U-23s will go straight to the Algarve to join the A-team for the tournament against China, Iceland and Germany.

"I notice that Norway is a very attractive opponent in international youth football", said Nils Johan Semb.

Mari Stanisic Waagaard http://www.fotball.no/Landslag_og_toppfotball/Landslag/Aldersbestemt_gutter/Aldersbestemt-gutter/Semb---Ekstrem-landslagsaktivitet/ 
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Algarve Cup on Eurosport
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2014, 06:53:14 PM »
After dropping the Algarve Cup several years ago Eurosport is covering some of the matches and has already started with two matches today.
http://tv.eurosport.co.uk
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Norway 0 China 1 in Portugal
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2014, 10:07:47 PM »
Norway met China in their first match at the Algarve Cup today, and despite the 0-1 defeat Even Pellerud was happy with Norway's performance.

"We have not lost for a while so it was a little sour, but we played a good match.  It was a meeting of two good teams and the whole match was even.  We created the most chances", Pellerud told fotball.no.

China produced few chances but unfortunately one of them led to a goal.  "We were very solid defensively, apart from conceding the goal which came from a counterattack.  We are not happy to lose but there was a lot of good play.  It was good to see a lot of good combination play and good relationships.  There was a togetherness in the team and we take a lot of things forward with us", said the trainer.  Norway needed a little more in front of China's goal.  "We needed something extra in the final third.  There was a slight lack of decisiveness", he said.

Pellerud thought that the players at the rear of the formation played well.  "The whole back line was solid.  Lene Mykjåland was impressive at right-back again.  Further forward, performances varied", he said.

Already on Friday there is another match, this time against Iceland, before a meeting on Monday with Germany [shown on Eurosport].  "We aim to come back with a win but it will not be easy.  There will be some changes in the team: we have plenty of players in form here and we want to see some of them in action", said the trainer.

Norway's captain summed up the match at the press conference.  "Two good teams met and we are pleased with our contribution.  China have a good technical team but created few chances.  We could have won", said Ingvild Stensland.

China-Norway 1-0 (0-0), Algarve Cup, VRS Antonio, Portugal, 05-03-2014
Yellow card: Ingvild Stensland
Goal: 1-0 75.

Norway:
Ingrid Hjelmseth -
Lene Mykjåland, Trine Rønning, Nora Holstad Berge, Andrine Tomter -
Ingvild Stensland (Ingrid Schjelderup 83), Cathrine H. Dekkerhus (Melissa Bjånsøy 72), Ingvild L. Isaksen (Ida Elise Enget 81) -
Emilie B. Haavi (Maren Mjelde 57), Elise H. Thorsnes, Kristine Minde.    

Christer Madsen http://www.fotball.no/Landslag_og_toppfotball/Landslag/A-kvinner/2014/Se-hvem-som-starter-mot-Kina/
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 10:09:28 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
New defender played 90 minutes
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2014, 12:12:41 PM »
Kolbotn:  At the first match yesterday in Portugal at the Algarve Cup Andrine Tomter played the full 90 minutes for Norway versus China.

"It's great to be given the responsibility from the start, and it's always fun to play with the Flag on your shirt", said Tomter, who usually plays for Kolbotn.  The match ended in a 0-1 loss but she felt Norway could have won.  "We had a lot of good combination play and the defence was solid.  We definitely had more chances than China, but we just lacked a little when it came to scoring", said the 19-year-old.

Even Pellerud was pleased with the match, according to fotball.no.  He specially praised the defence, which we are glad about since Andrine played at left-back.  Matches coming up are against Iceland on Friday and Germany on Monday, and then depending on results the place matches will be arranged for Wednesday.

http://www.kolbotnkvinnefotball.no/Hjem/?WNews=299

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 05:31:10 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Norway-Iceland today
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2014, 08:24:07 AM »
After a loss to China on Wednesday the Norwegians will look for a win against Iceland today.  Norway had a 0-1 defeat in the first match at the Algarve Cup although Even Pellerud was pleased with a lot of the play.  His Icelandic colleague had to watch his team lose 0-5 to Germany.

Norway needs a win to keep alive any chance of reaching the final next Wednesday.

Group A: Norway, Germany, China, Iceland
Group B: Sweden, Denmark, Japan, USA
Group C: Portugal, Russia, Austria, North Korea

Wednesday's results:
Norway-China 0-1
Japan-USA 1-1
Sweden-Denmark 2-0
Portugal-Austria 3-2
Russia-North Korea 1-2

https://www.facebook.com/kvinnefotballmagasinet
Alltid. Uansett.

Offline Alan

• View Profile
Norway-Iceland 1-2
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2014, 10:11:53 PM »
Norway were "too tame in the top third" according to Even Pellerud today.  He thought Norway did enough to win but Iceland took a 2-1 win.

Norway were the better team but Iceland placed in a winning goal five minutes before the end, and the Norwegians had their second defeat of the Algaarve Cup.  "It was more of the same, after the China match.  We dominated in the play and in chances, but did not take advantage.  We were tame in the top third", Pellerud told fotball.no.

The first half remained goalless but Norway should have scored.  At the start of the second half Iceland scored after a defensive error by Norway.  "As in the last match we came out sluggish after half time and Iceland scored with their first chance.  We managed to establish our play in their half and create chances after that, and we used one fewer defenders.  That helped us in the attack but allowed Iceland more chances", said the trainer.

Marita Skammelsrud Lund was felled in the box for a penalty, which was executed by Lene Mykjåland eight minutes from time.  "It was a fully deserved equaliser and we should have then gone on to win, but it went the other way.  We lost our marking on a free kick and Iceland scored", said Pellerud.

Obviously they were not pleased after losing two matches.  "It's disappointing.  I don't like losing two in a row - it isn't good enough.  Poor touches turned 'A-chances' into 'B-chances' today.  There are some players who are not in top form technically", said the trainer.  "Now we must have discussions to regain our hunger.  We are geared up to strike back with a win against Germany", said Pellerud.

Despite the defeat he had a lot to be glad about.  "Our defence was solid and it was especially good to see Lene Mykjåland and Andrine Tomter in their side-back places.  Again they played well.  The midfield was very variable, from compact to unstructured.  The same with the forwards.  I think that Ida Elise Enget and Isabell Herlovsen both played well as substitutes", said Even Pellerud.

Norway-Iceland 1-2, Algarve Cup, Estadio Municipal Lagos, 07-03-2014
Goals: 0-1 Mist Edvardsdottir 47, 1-1 Lene Mykjåland pen 82, 1-2 Harpa Thorsteinsdottir 85.

Norway:
Silje Vesterbekkmo -
Lene Mykjåland, Marita Skammelsrud Lund, Nora Holstad Berge, Andrine Tomter -
Maren Mjelde, Cathrine Dekkerhus (Guro Reiten 73), Ingvild Isaksen -
Melissa Bjånesøy (Isabell Herlovsen 57), Elise Thorsnes (Ida Elise Enget 46), Kristine Minde.

Christer Madsen http://www.fotball.no/Landslag_og_toppfotball/Landslag/A-kvinner/2014/Se-hvem-som-starter-mot-Island/

Iceland:
Þóra Björg Helgadóttir -
Anna María Baldursdóttir, Glódís Perla Viggósdóttir, Mist Edvardsdóttir, Hallbera G. Gísladóttir -
Þórunn Helga Jónsdóttir, Dóra María Lárusdóttir, Sara Björk Gunnarsdóttir -
Fanndís Friðriksdóttir -
Katrín Ásbjörnsdóttir, Elín Metta Jensen.
https://www.facebook.com/norskkvinnefotball
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 07:15:38 PM by Alan »
Alltid. Uansett.