Author Topic: Toni Duggan  (Read 5244 times)

AC-FC

Toni Duggan
« on: September 27, 2013, 10:13:43 AM »
if I was a betting man, she will be the next Evertonian to crawl across Stanley Park............... :(

Offline bilbobaggins

• View Profile
Re: Toni Duggan
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 11:54:09 AM »
i expect it would be a walk.

AC-FC

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 11:59:24 AM »
was metaphorically speaking.........................will she go for the money or to play for a decent team like Dowie..... ;)

Offline Garrincha

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 01:39:08 PM »

Or maybe Arsenal ......... or Man City.

Offline cardy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 01:44:09 PM »
Arsenal don't pay as well as liverpool and man city. Also up there nearer home territory.

AC-FC

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 02:10:14 PM »
she's a big girl and am sure she would settle down south, like all the other Arsenal girls have..... ;D Would love to have her team up with Ellen White and Nobbs....

Offline cardy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2013, 02:46:20 PM »
Agree but my guess man city or liverpool!

Offline Anita_Shorty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2013, 03:30:47 PM »
She's very family orientated so i reckon she would stay local rather than head down south.
Would love to see her pulling on a red shirt alongside Dowie.

AC-FC

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2013, 03:40:19 PM »
long term, I believe she would be better off at Arsenal but can understand why she would be reluctant to leave 'home'.....

Offline raefil

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2013, 04:49:27 PM »
long term, I believe she would be better off at Arsenal but can understand why she would be reluctant to leave 'home'.....
why would she be better there long term?  Might be difficult to realise but other clubs are moving on now and announcing training up to 5 times a week whilst arsenal still havent. could well be that as the Belles had their era which ended it may well be arsenals time to see their time at the top finished.

Arsenal wouldnt be the place Id advise an aspiring player to move to anymore.

Offline bilbobaggins

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2013, 06:01:41 PM »
was metaphorically speaking.........................will she go for the money or to play for a decent team like Dowie..... ;)

yes i know, it was the crawl word, made me think of someone on their belly sneaking off.
i imagine she will be well paid from now and will get a central contract for england.

AC-FC

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2013, 08:41:13 PM »
Will she win any domestic honours  with the toffees...........

Offline charlie

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2013, 10:55:36 PM »
She will be in demand certainly.  Apart from the money, Arsenal don't have cl next year. If man city chase the best players it possibly will create another threat to arsenal so it may have had its time.

Arsenal haven't moved with the rest of the league as far as contracts go but in the long term maybe that's the best way to go. Remember the short term dominance of Fulham when it went pro then mr harrods pulled his money out.

The league hasn't pulled in masses of crowd interest so far. Surely it has to pay its way to a certain extent to survive. I hope it will grow stronger and girls deserve living wage, they work hard enough. Dugan Maya's we'll go for the cash while it's there. ;D

Offline bilbobaggins

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2013, 10:59:37 PM »
its ashame that liverpool are accused of "buying the title" , of course bristol may win but sometimes money can win, arsenal for 10 years paid their staff more than other clubs.
its lovely to  see investment in womens football, if duggan moves its to earn a living doing something that few women can.
boot on the other foot?.
i guessed that birmingham would be overtaken this season, and did you know they had a tiny budget?, but they have one shot with the champions league.

Offline cardy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2013, 11:10:21 PM »
Good luck to any of the players they should take advantage of financial rewards while they can.

Birmingham nice club. Good luck to them.

Sylvain

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2013, 07:36:18 AM »
Absolutely if you get paid peanuts for a job and somebody offers you a lot more and better working conditions ? That is an easy answer.

I don't think Liverpool bought the title, they just invested properly in their women's section. Bristol did recruit very cleverly and have a very special team spirit to be around and fighting for the title. Credit to both side.

Should Duggan decide to leave, there is 2 logical option unless Arsenal go for full time like Liverpool and Notts County.

Offline allibee

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2013, 10:26:45 AM »
Liverpool have six foreign players that start and five British... And those that are home grown came from other clubs so it's a fair assumption to say they've brought the title. Bristol on the other hand only have three foreign players so they have done much better, IMHO

Sylvain

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2013, 10:29:19 AM »
Liverpool have six foreign players that start and five British... And those that are home grown came from other clubs so it's a fair assumption to say they've brought the title. Bristol on the other hand only have three foreign players so they have done much better, IMHO
According my listing they have 11 foreigners  ;)

Offline tino

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2013, 12:50:00 PM »
What should Liverpool have done though? If they hadn't tried to turn the ship around it was on course for WSL 2. It's silly to think they wouldn't have made an attempt to avoid that, and it's unfair to dismiss their recruitment when the time constraints didn't actually allow them to sit and wait for the COE to start churning out stars anyway.

You have to remember that the title was not actually their aim this season, top four was. So they've done far better than they (and everybody else for that matter) expected. Maybe in some ways signing a load of players in one go as opposed to producing their own was indeed a shortcut to achieving that top four aim - but you can't buy overachievement; that is always earnt.

Offline charlie

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2013, 03:36:27 PM »
Exactly.  They had to rebuild and get players.  Probably exactly what man city are doing.