Author Topic: England v Belarus  (Read 8341 times)

Offline Therese

• View Profile
Re: England v Belarus
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2013, 11:59:09 AM »
you learn nothing from beating Belarus 6 -0, apart from that England could have scored 8 or 9...........but that type of game is no test for anyone - I would rather be playing the tops teams and then we see how good or bad England are......

Yes, I totally agree with your abovementioned opinion, but how will you arrange an European World Cup qualification without (with all respect) teams like Belarus, Turkey, Montenegro or Wales. Do you want to add Russia (9-0 loss against Germany, although they played in Euro 2013 1-1 against England) too?

Offline Therese

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2013, 01:10:14 PM »
"these stats can mean (for some countries) a lot!"

Ranking at the moment (without games WWCQ 2015):

1   1   Germany   44,004
2   2   Sweden   43,317
3   3   France   42,550
4   5   Norway   39,655
5   6   Italy           36,440
6   4   England   35,184
7   7   Denmark   35,056
8   8   Iceland   34,628
9   12   Spain           33,233
10   10   Russia   33,153
11      9   Finland   33,073
12   11   Netherlands   31,807
13   13   Scotland   30,715
14   18   Austria   28,510
15   16   Poland   28,390
16   19   Belgium   27,940
17   14   Ukraine   27,660
18   15   Switzerland   27,193
19   17   Czech Republic   26,815
20   20   Republic of Ireland   22,835

Let's say that France will be organising the Euros 2017 and that three of four counties (Armenia, Azerbeidjan, Cyprus or Moldova) will participate with the other 46 countries, which brings a total of 49 countries, which might mean 8 groups of six countries.
For countries "in the middle of a pot" this ranking is NOT important, for countries at the bottom of pot 1 or the top of pot 2 aso it is VERY IMPORTANT. For instance for Iceland and Spain, they might be seeded as top of one of the eight groups, in the past they were always runnersup! The same for bottom pot 2 and top pot 3, WWC qualification games might change the ranking in a positive or negative way.
So my conclusion is that (for some countries) this ranking might be important (for the near future).

Offline cardy

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2013, 02:40:48 PM »
There has to be some ranking system.

Question is how england can improve and perform stronger against best opposition.

1st hope f.a appoint decent manager with ability to keep best of whats there and improve on rest. Able to get skillful players, strength where needed. Not only favorites.
2nd get proper training for seniors in place training together more often.
3rd sort out central contracts properly.

Sure there will be more suggestions?

Offline Anita_Shorty

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2013, 02:59:46 PM »
If Belarus played against a team of dustbins - the dustbins would probably win..... ;D

When England come up against a proper football team; France, Germany, Sweden......then we can see where they are ..........anyone think Hills will get the job?

I think he prob will get it. Easy option - carries on from where he's currently at with the team so no disruption / introductions all over again. Confidence will be there after good results (even though they were easy easy matches). Although i dont think he should - fixtures so far haven't really been able to prove anything - and havent really given him a fair test to show what he's capable of.

49yardtapin

« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2013, 03:36:52 PM »
Major Championship will always be the barometer. If he gets it it's then how he performs in those, Hope did well in 2009 and woefully short in 2013 thus lost her job. 'Surprisingly' so by her own bizarre admission.

Still no Davison though, even though she was videoed at England fitness testing...

Sylvain

« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2013, 04:01:47 PM »
Major Championship will always be the barometer. If he gets it it's then how he performs in those, Hope did well in 2009 and woefully short in 2013 thus lost her job. 'Surprisingly' so by her own bizarre admission.

Still no Davison though, even though she was videoed at England fitness testing...

Maybe she does not run quick enough for the FA  ;) joking aside they play Aluko, White, Yankey and Clarke on the wing so they consider those 4 better than her.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 04:11:16 PM by Sylvain »

Offline Anita_Shorty

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2013, 04:19:23 PM »

Still baffled by that statement myself! She must have been the only one who was suprised!!!

Sylvain

« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2013, 04:25:29 PM »

Still baffled by that statement myself! She must have been the only one who was suprised!!!
Maybe her coaching were surprised as well, to be thinking that she was unaccountable for the bad results is just crazy.

Offline Garrincha

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2013, 09:20:19 PM »

..........anyone think Hills will get the job?

I don’t reckon he will, even though he's the bookies favourite.
After listening to Dan Ashworth (one of the selection committee) at half time in the Belarus game, he said the next manager would be “an outstanding coach in pedigree” also “must have affinity with the female game” and “experience in International football”.
Brent Hills falls down at the first hurdle “outstanding coach in pedigree”? Don’t think so.

So who is in the frame?

Matt Beard – No International experience
Paul Riley – No International experience
Keith Boanas – Ticks all the boxes
Mo Marley - Ticks all the boxes, although I fancy her for the head of women’s elite.

So maybe it’s not going to be any of them, maybe a top club coach from Sweden or Germany may fancy their chances. Who knows?

« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 09:23:22 PM by Garrincha »

Offline bilbobaggins

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2013, 09:15:59 AM »
has boanas applied, cause he is the outstanding candidate for me.

AC-FC

« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2013, 09:29:18 AM »
it's not difficult to be an outstanding candidate from that little list -......I would love the see the shortlist and those that didn't make it.

If Jacob gets it - I will lose all interest in the international team altogether and follow Scotland instead.....

Sylvain

« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2013, 09:40:10 AM »
it's not difficult to be an outstanding candidate from that little list -......I would love the see the shortlist and those that didn't make it.

If Jacob gets it - I will lose all interest in the international team altogether and follow Scotland instead.....
You should follow France  ;D

AC-FC

« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2013, 09:56:07 AM »
only Louisa........ ;)

Offline Anita_Shorty

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2013, 10:14:55 AM »
I hope Matt Beard doesn't get the England job (not that i think he will as he has no international experience) - but from a purely selfish point of view - i'd like him to have more time at Liverpool. I think he has built a good team - and i'd like to see him stay in the role there for a few more seasons yet.

Mo Marley for me.

AC-FC

« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2013, 10:19:27 AM »
Beard has not won anything yet.............maybe the sweet FA will wait to see if he wins the league but what international experience has he got?.....he is out of the frame don't worry.

If they are talking about International experience, it has to be at the top level..................there's a Frenchman out there somewhere..... ;)

Offline law10

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2013, 02:26:38 PM »
Marley is female.

AC-FC

« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2013, 02:38:42 PM »
wasn't he a dog?

Offline raefil

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2013, 03:30:26 PM »
wasn't he a dog?
Dont you dare call Mo that!!!  ;D

Offline Garrincha

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2013, 09:14:21 PM »

Wonder if they'll be a clean sweep of the England management, binning Hope's entourage completely, if so there will be a few positions up for grabs.

Also throw into the mix a new manager for big spending Man City, and quite possibly Chelsea - Jobs a plenty

Interesting times.

Offline charlie

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2013, 11:05:54 PM »
Hope there's clean sweep! Thought man city had manager,

they're recruiting players I heard so surely manager comes first. Hayes is at Chelsea for couple of years too.

So england jobs VIP!