Author Topic: Pie and a Pint  (Read 1955 times)

AC-FC

Pie and a Pint
« on: September 12, 2013, 03:04:58 PM »

The Women's Super League remains one of the cheapest places to watch football, BBC Sport Price of Football found.

Champions Arsenal have average crowds of between 500 and 1,400 at home games, making them one of the best-supported female clubs in the country.

At £5, they share the cheapest adult match-day ticket in the WSL with Everton, Bristol Academy, Chelsea and current leaders Liverpool.

Birmingham, Lincoln and Doncaster Belles charge £1 extra.

The BBC Sport Price of Football study looked at 166 clubs in 10 divisions across British football.

If found Arsenal offer the cheapest match-day experience in the WSL, consisting of a ticket, a programme and a cup of tea, at £8, along with Bristol Academy, Chelsea and Lincoln.

Birmingham and Doncaster Belles are £1 more at £9, while Everton and Liverpool come in at £10 and £11.20 respectively - but they do include a pie.

It's even cheaper for me - I don't buy the 'tea' at the 'wood.... ;D

Sylvain

Re: Pie and a Pint
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 04:51:22 PM »
Same who buys tea and eats pie at football seriously ??

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
    • Sunderland AFC Ladies Facebook Fanpage
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 05:29:06 PM »
Erm, about 200,000 British people every week  :P

Not me though, i'm more of a Bovril and a bag of crisps man myself ;)

I remember a southern woman who serves at the Sunderland Women game questioning me for putting pepper in my Bovril lol Saying 'It must be a northern thing'. Moral of the story - each to their own   :D
"Sunderland have got a girl up front who is clinical - Beth Mead is one of the best strikers in the country, let alone our division - and it showed today." - Aston Villa Ladies Head Coach Joe Hunt

Offline Anita_Shorty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 09:57:05 AM »
We regularly go to the Liverpool Ladies games at Halton Stadium - the only time i have ever seen them selling pies is last Thursday at the Derby match!!

We normally settle for a bottle of coke each and share a bag of sweets that the Mrs normally has in her handbag!

Offline raefil

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 02:57:48 PM »
A footy match lasts 90 mins, its always been one of lifes great mysteries that so many people cant go that length of time without having a drink or something to eat.  I question whether theyre hungry or whether theyre comfort eating because they are bored :)

Offline Anita_Shorty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 05:58:17 PM »
A footy match lasts 90 mins, its always been one of lifes great mysteries that so many people cant go that length of time without having a drink or something to eat.  I question whether theyre hungry or whether theyre comfort eating because they are bored :)

always nice to have a drink - specially with all the shouting!

As for eating - the Mrs brings sweets to cure boredom i think! :)

Offline Dr Gonzo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 09:51:37 AM »
Even to this day I'm still haunted by my Garforth experience...

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.u

AC-FC

Re: Haggis Pie and a Pint of Heavy
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 03:13:11 PM »
that was my Stirling experience.... ;)