Author Topic: Life of Riley  (Read 1014 times)

AC-FC

Life of Riley
« on: September 04, 2013, 11:58:33 AM »
New York Fury coach Paul Riley has expressed an interest in the position of England Women's Coach.

The 49-year-old, from Liverpool, has been coaching in the United States since 1998. His Fury side play in the Women's Premier Soccer League Elite, the top division of women's football in the States.

Riley : "People always ask me should it be a male or female coach but I always say it should be the best person for the job - the one with the most experience and the one who could get the best out of the players.

"I would love to have the England job. I think it is one of the top jobs in the world."

Offline cardy

• View Profile
Re: Life of Riley
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 04:36:02 PM »
Sounds a likely option. Can deal with big name players he says. Does he know enough about football here? Would he be prepared to battle the FA? Live in our climate? Brave enough to Stick with on form/non injured players?

49yardtapin

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 06:56:24 PM »
Live in our climate? He's form Liverpool and New York temps do get below freezing y'know.

Seriously he does have great backing from a lot of players he's coached. Advantage with the women's game I suppose is that media wont have too much (if any) of an influence on who is appointed. So 'unknowns' stand just a good chance and the more well know names.

Offline charlie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 12:39:11 AM »
Hope it is someone who can improve the squad. Interesting to see if hills makes any changes. Surely injured and not in form players won't be included this time! Leaves a few gaps and opportunities then. Courage required  :o