Author Topic: FA Women's Cup 2013-14  (Read 21506 times)

Offline Anita_Shorty

• View Profile
Re: FA Women's Cup 2013-14
« Reply #140 on: April 15, 2014, 06:38:29 PM »
Didn't realise you did impressions Anita. Fine impression of a Premier League manager there, the old "I didn't see it i'll have to see the replay"  :D

You should beat Everton at home, even we beat them  ;) And especially if you get those players back for the match, i can only see one winner there tbh.

I'd be very surprised not to see Liverpool in the final, against either Brum or Chelsea is my guess.

Also thought it was a v.nice touch that the Sunderland Girls wore their away strip allowing Liverpool to wear their home shirts with the Hillsborough commemorative patch on.

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
    • Sunderland AFC Ladies Facebook Fanpage
« Reply #141 on: April 15, 2014, 07:02:45 PM »
Didn't realise you did impressions Anita. Fine impression of a Premier League manager there, the old "I didn't see it i'll have to see the replay"  :D

You should beat Everton at home, even we beat them  ;) And especially if you get those players back for the match, i can only see one winner there tbh.

I'd be very surprised not to see Liverpool in the final, against either Brum or Chelsea is my guess.

Also thought it was a v.nice touch that the Sunderland Girls wore their away strip allowing Liverpool to wear their home shirts with the Hillsborough commemorative patch on.

It was. And the minute silence was impeccably observed, i've never heard such silence in such an open space. It was eerie but moving at the same time.
"Sunderland have got a girl up front who is clinical - Beth Mead is one of the best strikers in the country, let alone our division - and it showed today." - Aston Villa Ladies Head Coach Joe Hunt

Sylvain

« Reply #142 on: April 17, 2014, 04:46:19 PM »
The Sixth Round Proper played on 27/04  (except 4 played on 04/05 and 2 played on the 26/04 )

1 Portsmouth FC Ladies v Notts County
2 Liverpool v Everton
3 Manchester City v Chelsea
4 Birmingham City v Arsenal

The Semi-Final

1 Manchester City or Chelsea v Birmingham City or Arsenal
2 Portsmouth FC Ladies or Notts County v Liverpool or Everton

The Semi-Final ties will be played on Sunday 11 May and venues will be selected by The FA in due course and will be nearest to the club first drawn.

http://www.thefa.com/news/competitions/fa-womens-cup/2014/apr/sixth-round-proper-draw-140414
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 10:16:21 AM by Sylvain »

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 26, 2014, 09:20:30 PM »
Bit of a shock in the Cup as well? Really thought Liverpool would go through, very good result for Everton.
"Sunderland have got a girl up front who is clinical - Beth Mead is one of the best strikers in the country, let alone our division - and it showed today." - Aston Villa Ladies Head Coach Joe Hunt

Sylvain

« Reply #144 on: April 26, 2014, 09:39:41 PM »
Liverpool paying the price for the injuries against Chelsea. Stout and Longhurst did not play. Zelem. Staniforth and Rolser injured for a long time.
They are very short in the attacking position. I am sure they will recruit during the Summer window before the Champions League.
Congratulations to Everton.

Rematch on Wednesday in the Conti Cup.

49yardtapin

« Reply #145 on: April 26, 2014, 10:25:03 PM »
Liverpool never had injury problems last season, bound to hit at some point. Bench looked really weak tonight.

Sylvain

« Reply #146 on: April 26, 2014, 10:44:43 PM »
Liverpool never had injury problems last season, bound to hit at some point. Bench looked really weak tonight.
Indeed Matt Beard fielded a very consistent 11 last season, except in goal. Well it is a chance for the development players to stake a claim if they are good enough or ready enough.

Offline Anita_Shorty

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 29, 2014, 07:24:42 AM »
Indeed Matt Beard fielded a very consistent 11 last season, except in goal. Well it is a chance for the development players to stake a claim if they are good enough or ready enough.

Martha Harris did not play either.

Everton were totally up for it - Liverpool looked like they didn't want to be there!

Sylvain

« Reply #148 on: April 29, 2014, 09:12:15 AM »
I think the injuries made Liverpool a predictable team in terms of attacking patterns. And also what I noticed at the Chelsea game was the lack of support from the full backs. It looks like Schroder wasn't going as forward as last season and Easton or Harris don't have Bronze's pace to overlap.

Offline tino

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 29, 2014, 09:33:36 AM »
Martha Harris did not play either.
Everton were totally up for it - Liverpool looked like they didn't want to be there!
Maybe they didn't? They could probably do without additional cup fixtures given the injury situation.

Sylvain

« Reply #150 on: May 04, 2014, 05:18:44 PM »
Birmingham 1 Arsenal 2 

Lethargic game for most of the first half, until the 1st goal from Allen.
Then the referee giving a penalty for handball in complete disagreement with the LOTG. Smith penalty hit the post and went in.

Birmingham had no fuel in the tank from the kick off, it was very obvious. They did not have the energy to come back once they went down. Superb goal from Ayisi from a Ohno run and perfect through ball.
Lots of fouling from both side unpunished by the referee who did not control the game well. The official and his assistant performance were worth a 3 out of 10 and they were awful for both teams. Probably could have seen 7 yellow cards and 2 or3 red cards due to violent conduct and accumulation of fouls.

The best team on the day won. But a game with small margin can change quickly when the men in black are in town.

Offline David

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 01, 2014, 06:29:31 PM »
Final result

Arsenal 2 Everton 0

Offline Mackem Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 02, 2014, 03:58:16 PM »
Deserved win by the gooners, to be honest they could have won by a few more. Well done to them.